Season 2+ - Official Discussion

spookette

[1]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 6

Are there any new episodes coming out for Season 1, or was The Kang Dynasty the last episode? If that's true, when are we getting Season 2? And if it's not true, when are new episodes coming back? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDITOR'S EDIT: I have decided to pin this thread and make it the official discussion thread for Season 2 and beyond (not sure how much discussion about the "beyond" part is possible, though). All speculations, spoilers, news, and discussions of any sort pertaining to Season 2 and beyond should now go here.

Edited on 06/11/2011 5:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cuba_libre_

[2]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 1
    Chris Yost said via Twitter that there are 7 more episodes to come. Disney is having a break, again, for several weeks. Nobody knows a date. so maybe at the end of february or even march.

MarvelComics1

[3]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 15

Disney XD's already released the schedule for new episodes of animated series in February, and it looks like The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes didn't make the list. I was a bit disappointed...hoping they would keep the routine of weekly new episodes...oh well. Luckily, the producers have already finished the first 2 seasons (including post-production) - bringing us up to 52 episodes.

MarvelComics1

[4]Feb 10, 2011

Unfortunately, Disney XD's just released their March new eps schedule, which still doesn't include a single new episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

StromileSwiftee

[5]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 8

I really hate when they let weeks go by before showing a new episode. It loses the momentum and anticipation from the viewer. The only way this turns out to be good is if they roll into Season 2 without a 6 month to a year layoff.

nshinron

[6]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 6

StromileSwiftee wrote:

I really hate when they let weeks go by before showing a new episode. It loses the momentum and anticipation from the viewer. The only way this turns out to be good is if they roll into Season 2 without a 6 month to a year layoff.

What he said. This kind of willful delay makes me sick. If Disney can't afford a weekly schedule then better make it two weeks per episode but regular.

MarvelComics1

[7]Feb 12, 2011

It's really ridiculous that they're taking so much time to air these when they've got a total of thirty-three episodes to air. I agree, it does really ruin the excitement when they make you wait so long. I wish they'd at least announce titles and summaries of some future eps.

protow11

[8]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 5

They are taking there sweet time showing new episodes. 52 episodes have been ordered lets hope it doesn't take 2 years to show them.

stevemagegod

[9]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 17
    This better not be like Wolverine and the X-men, The Spectacular Spider Man, and Iron Man Armored Adventures. They better actually finish a show from start to finish and not leave us hanging with good shows. Because it really makes me mad when they did that to all the shows.

MajLorne

[10]Mar 5, 2011
    • level: 21
    Agreed. Loved those 2 shows and was disappointed they were canceled. :fingers crossed for more episodes and soon:

StromileSwiftee

[11]Mar 6, 2011

I was especially bummed by the cancellation of Wolverine and the X-Men; they were about to go into the Age of Apocalypse storyline. My jaw dropped when they showed the final scene, and then later finding out there would be no season 2.Cry

MarvelComics1

[12]Mar 6, 2011

stevemagegod wrote:
    This better not be like Wolverine and the X-men, The Spectacular Spider Man, and Iron Man Armored Adventures. They better actually finish a show from start to finish and not leave us hanging with good shows. Because it really makes me mad when they did that to all the shows.

Unlike those shows (not sure about why Iron Man: Armored Adventures was cancelled, but speaking for the former two), the company that owns this show did not buy it from another company, and rights are not an issue. Disney is producing and airing this show strictly because they want to, not to continue a show that they bought from another company. Unlike Wolverine and the X-Men, there are no rights issues because of this. This is why I don't think this show will be cancelled to soon. Besides, they've already finished a second season of 26 episodes, meaning we have at least 52 episodes guaranteed. Disney is now the official owner of all Marvel shows, so the only reason this one would be cancelled would be if the ratings went down.

MarvelComics1

[14]Mar 8, 2011

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but looks like Disney XD's going through yet another month without any new episodes of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Yesterday it was officially confirmed that there won't be any new episodes in April. I'm starting to really lose my patience.

Zars01

[15]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 4
    Maybe they're waiting to build excitement for the upcoming Marvel movies.

cuba_libre_

[16]Mar 9, 2011

I think they are waiting for the DVD.

My Guess: There are 4 sundays in april until the 26th (DVD-Release) so they will air 2 episodes at each sunday and the season finale will be aired on 24th April. Two days befor the DVD-Release.

But if it is realy official, then we realy have to wait for the dvd.

Edited on 03/09/2011 7:13am

MarvelComics1

[17]Mar 9, 2011

It looks pretty official to me. Toonzone forums always post the next month's premieres schedule at the beginning of the prior month. Monday, they posted April's schedule and under The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes it says "(No new episodes in April.)".

StromileSwiftee

[18]Mar 9, 2011

I would love to find out what the show's ratings were and then compare them once they start showing new episodes again, because this formula can only have "FAIL" written all over it. Waiting months to show new episodes (especially if they are already complete) of a cartoon is a bit different than a network show, since the networks tend to all premier their new episodes around the same time. Viewers will keep checking for new episodes on a weekly basis, but once months go by they may not look as often.

The Event is back... "YAWN"... so over that!

Was feeling Tyler Perry's House of Payne until they showed two new episodes after almost a year layoff and then right back to repeats.

I hope the Avengers doesn't go down this road. I need something to hold me over until Dexter comes back! 13 straight episodes, season is complete, one year layoff... I can deal with that because that's what I'm expecting.

Knowing they have episodes they are holding on to is difficult to understand, I hope Disney gets their marketing together.

scottd2242

[19]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 14

Disney needs to get their marketing together? Thats a joke right? Billion dollar companies dont get that big by being bad at marketing. Everybody just needs to calm down about this. We got 19 of 26 episodes in about 3 months, which means there HAS to be a couple months off at some point. I figure we'll get the last seven over the summer, six months off, then season 2 starts early next year.

cuba_libre_

[20]Mar 12, 2011
    I do not think that we have to wait until next year to see the 2nd season. September till early dezember are the best month for tv-shows. I think we will see the last 7 episodes before the summerbreak and after the break (October) the 2nd season will air, hopefully thougt the same thing about Wolverine and the X-Men.

BTW: a new Episode will be aired at the C2E2 on March 19th. Maybe the Episode will leak into the internet, but i think this is an indicator that we will see some new episodes befor the summer.