Season 2+ - Official Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[261]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 28
    Thank you for the update. I am going to check out with fnal 4 episodes later, after I finish season 1 on netflix.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[262]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 41

And so the series ends.

***SPOILER***

Still, good show and while it may have not ended on a high-note, it was dignified enough and it did a lot of wonderful things before. Alas, I hope Avengers Assemble is at least three-fourths as good.

Edited on 06/25/2012 5:32pm

RaizenYusuke

[263]Jun 27, 2012

I got around to watching the last 4 episodes of this amazing series. 52 episodes, that is more than the most of Marvel's shows at least. Avengers Assemble will have some big shoes to fill.

***SPOILER***

When I hearda Avengers series was being madenearly two years ago I was excited. When I saw the mini-episodes that would become the first four episodes of the series I was hooked. When it premiered with the Breakout with theme song that reminded me of the 90sit quickly became one of my favorite shows on the air. I hoped this would becomeas big and popular as Justice League/JLUfor Marvel and against all reason felt this series could span for 5 seasons. The show endsnot even 2 yearsold yet, but it was a hell of a ride. This show tookmany aspects from Marvel's many decades of stories and brought them together tocreate their own unique show that comic and non-comic fans could enjoy.

This series had what the old 90/2000s Avengers cartoon did not have, heart. I am going to try and look forward to the next Avengers series. If the show has even half thecomplex stories and characters as this one it should be good. I really wish Marvel would take a chance and gone with a 3rd and final season.

neoyamato_pi

[264]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 26

Finally got around to watching the last four episodes.

***SPOILER***

All in all, the show had a good run. It resolved a majority of the plot points introduced with some very awesome, well-written episodes. Hope the new show is half as good as this one.

Edited on 07/01/2012 3:30pm

syrusfan

[265]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 38

I just finished the series as well. While it was nice to see Galactus in the finale, he was rather underused. The end implied he would return in another season just like the end of the Surtur storyline. Even so, the season was very good and did a great job of using comic storylines while making them original. Here's hoping the new show can create a similar universe.

PNest

[266]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 10

saw the new avengers episode. spdey was on fire in that episode. everyone rocked, seeing the kre episode next.

hope the next show is just as good hopfully better

RaizenYusuke

[267]Jul 2, 2012
    Why does everyone keeping saying Loeb hates story arcs and will make the new Avenegrs simple stand alone formats? Is there any basis for this? I a getting worried about the new Avengers series and would feel better if this is just fan talk.

syrusfan

[268]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 38

Well that's just it. We don't know what to expect yet. For all we know the new show will follow the comics very closely.

MajLorne

[269]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    Well other than the shameless way the new series is being created to ride on the coattails of the movie, I think it's safe to think the worst of the new series given how terrible USM is. That and of course the unforgivable act of switching Josh for Drake to voice SM.

I haven't gotten around to seeing the new episodes yet, but I did see the finale and it felt very much like JLU's series finale: all the heroes fight a common foe and there's a final scene of the main group in one spot and then the avengers 'outline' just like at the end of the main opening theme. I'm sorry to say, but baring a miracle, that seemed very much like 'the end' to me.

I can only hope that maybe they do a 1 hr wrap up special just for the Surtur storyline and maybe another 1-2hr spot for the civil war storyline or a crossover with wolverine and the X-men.

Addict2TV

[270]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 3

Does somebody have a link to infos on "Avengers Assemble" ? Cant find a thing ... besides one interview. Maybe too early ?

Edited on 07/09/2012 10:09am

RaizenYusuke

[271]Oct 1, 2012
    I have to say I hate tv.com's new dicussion episode on the episode guide. It doesn't have half the features the regular forums have. Second no one is posting on them.

MajLorne

[272]Oct 1, 2012
    I agree, it's already slow traffic wise and it's taking forever for the episodes to show up. Why can't someone just start a thread and let the mod edit the post to link it with the episode itself? I don't like waiting to talk about an episode I saw a few days ago or if all the episodes are pooled into 1 thread, it becomes confusing to keep up with what episode the person is talking about.

RaizenYusuke

[273]Nov 4, 2012

The series is almost over. It was a fun ride. I only wish Avengers was given another chance. I feel like if Disney didn't have a year long hiatus that this series would have done better ratings wise. 52 episodes is better than most of Marvel series, so I shouldn't complain much.

MajLorne

[274]May 3, 2013
    After a 6 month wait, the episode Powerless will finally air. So I dunno what this means about a potential resolution to the Surtur storyline or if this is to get ppl to be aware of the new Avengers show, but at least now all 52 eps will have aired.

RaizenYusuke

[275]May 4, 2013
    If anything showing Powerless now only rubs salt in the wound. That episode teases and hints the next season would have revolved around Surtur. With Avengers Assemble airing the end of May the show is probably not going to resolve the Surtur storyline.

MajLorne

[276]May 9, 2013
    True. Well, i guess i'm just hoping for the best. Speaking of the new shows, i'm not happy with the design of she hulk (hulk and agents of smash). I was hoping for someone bigger considering she has some of his blood.

RaizenYusuke

[277]May 11, 2013
    She Hulk is taller and bigger than normal people, but she is usually not as big as her cousin though. She's supposed to be like amazon with green skin.