Season 2+ - Official Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[41]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 28

Epic finale, but man what cliff hanger. Now we have to wait for a whole new season.
    ***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[42]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 41
    ...just saw 26. awesome

thribs

[43]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Whats with the ending, I thought they were suppose to be FF villians?

thetruesora

[44]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    it's to do with the Secret Invasion event in the comic books. It was a big crossover event affecting all the marvel heroes as it was unknown who had been replaced by a Skrull.

thribs

[45]Apr 12, 2011

Love that the voice of Odin was Clancy Brown! I knew it sounded familar.

ZekkJedi

[46]Apr 12, 2011

thetruesora wrote:
    The whole "Hydra replacing Nazis as the bad guys in WW2" was because the producers were given a choice, they had to either keep guns or Nazis out the show.
    Weird choice to give a show: "you can have guns OR say the word Nazis, but not both" (especially since I'm pretty sure that all the guns were "energy blasters" not bullets, oh but wait I guess the Howling Commandos had regular guns, and that scene was awesome, and the addition of a certain member of Canadian Special Forces to the mix didn't hurt) again though you could just say axis.

Anyway saw all the episodes and was thoroughly impressed and glad that the skrull invasion cliff hanger will get an ending (still foolishly hoping for some kind of direct to dvd movie release for age of apocalypse set in this animated universe to go along with the end of wolverine and the x-men [extra points if they work in nolan north's deadpool ])

Oh, and also saw the latest Captain America trailer, and I'm now feeling much better about it, actually I'm now trying to keep myself from expecting it to be absolutely amazing.

Now the only problem is I can't wait for season 2! I assume it's coming out in the fall? anyone know?

DarrenSmith1

[47]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 1
    You can find new episodes online because they have aired in England. Just go to filestube and search them. You can also find a list of new episode titles on Wiki's episode guide. There better be a season 2 because season 1 ends with a damn cliff hanger!

thetruesora

[48]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 22
    Well both Nazis and real guns are things that have been usually kept out of kids TV shows (lasers replacing guns in various shows such as the 90s animated spiderman series for example). The choice between what they could have out of those two was regarding the scenes of Captain America in the 1940s where guns are used.

However, this is from an interview with Christopher Yost (who does alot of work on this show):

In the Captain America - focused newsreel, its clear that in many ways, Hydra has replaced the Nazis as the main threat to Europe in the 1940s. Do the Nazis exist in this world? Are the Axis powers now Hydra, Japan, and Italy? YOST: Yes, Nazis exist in this world. Hydra is a branch of the Nazis. The Axis powers are Germany, Japan and Italy. Hydra was the focus of Cap's activities, though, as well as the Howling Commandos... and thus they were our focus.

OmegaForteGS

[49]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    Awesome finale. Am I the only one who actually feels sorry for Loki?
    Not a comic book reader, but even the "Thor & Loki Bloodbrothers" webcomic miniseries thing shows that even though he was adopted, the people of Asgard disliked him.
    So in a way it is Odin & the people of Asgard's own fault imo to Loki's 'evil route".

Seeing how this season kinda had 2 finales (Gamma World as mid finale and the current 3 parter as the season finale), I wonder what will be the mid season finale in season 2. Depending if the Secret Invasion ends at the end of S2.

Even though it is already in the Super Hero Squad Show, I wouldn't mind see an Infinity Gauntlet arc or perhaps Cosmic Cube arc.
    I know the Cosmic Cube is already introduced, but there is so much potential of implementing it further with Thanos. (I want a serious interpetation of Thanos, even though I liked the comedic SHSS version)

Also, seeing how Bucky apparently "survived" the explosion (because of the Cosmic cube?), do you think he will unmask the fake Captain?

edmasterchaos

[50]Apr 14, 2011
    ^Perhaps, but i highly doubt it. Winter Soldier is inevitable. Also, the show should now be called "The Avengers: Mightiest Heroes of the Nine Realms" Yes or Hell Yes?

RaizenYusuke

[51]Apr 16, 2011
    I saw someone post that same comment on youtube. Hell yeah it rocks! That was an epic finale. Any episode that has a villain with god like power get beat by his daddy grounding him is just so unbelievably funny that it has to be epic. I loving the Hulk in this series. He has the best one liners by far.

MarvelComics1

[52]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 15

I just saw the final seven eps of Season 1...amazing! Recaps, trivia, quotes, character bios, etc. for these will be posted in the next few months. Unfortunately, I think I jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly after reading MAA's interview with Josh Fine in December 2010. They're not even close to finishing Season 2. They just finished episode 13 (out of 26) a few days ago. I can't wait to see where the Skrull story arc will lead us...

Disney XD's planning to debut the next three eps of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes during the last three Sundays of May (not just two, as I had previously thought), but for those of you who are trying to wait it out to see the episodes on the silver screen, I recommend you just watch them now. You'll be glad you did.

Now I really am ashamed of the 90's Avengers series...

neoyamato_pi

[53]May 1, 2011
    • level: 26

Yeah, XD is airing new eps, finishing off the season I guess, starting May 15th, can't wait.

1984neptune

[54]Jun 5, 2011

I loved this series the ending was brilliant and the best bit is 1 of my fave characters is joining the team in series 2! MS MARVEL!!!! I knew they didnt show carol getting her powers just for the fun of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuIYaP18g0

posted a link, couldnt find the original video i saw it on with the writers giving a sneak peek at series 2 but did find this with lots of goodies if anyone wants to see it! they did say in the other video i saw that characters are all gonna get an updated look for series 2 which is pretty cool.

1984neptune

[55]Jun 5, 2011

i found em! here are the vids that they added as an extra on the dvds which are sneak peeks for series 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_0MzevBKE0

http://mylardreams.com/2011/04/21/ms-marvel-comes-to-the-avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes/

MarvelComics1

[56]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 15

Vision will also be joining the team for Season 2, which means the return of Ultron!

I have decided to pin this thread and rename it the official discussion thread for Season 2.

1984neptune

[57]Jun 7, 2011

admit it i may be new but i am pimping us out with some wicked links already lol

MajLorne

[58]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 21
    I still would like for She-Hulk to join the team, but if there's a season 3, then cameos for season 2 would be fine.
    The 90s x-men show sorta had Ms Marvel except Rouge took her powers. So this will be interesting to see how they play out her character as part of the team.

RaizenYusuke

[59]Jun 9, 2011
    I wonder if Vision will get Wonder Man's brain patterns implanted into him.

edmasterchaos

[60]Jun 10, 2011

Having Moon Knight would be nice, specially since he's starting to build up his ranks in the comics.

Actually, yeah, throwing in how he's going at it right now in the main universe would be an excellent thing, going like Black Panther where he's there for a long time but just being mysterious and instead of showing it's him, they tease us with his faux Spider-man, Wolverine and Captain America outfits. Though that's probably just fanfiction.

Should all else fail, just throw Ultimate!Aunt May, she's all the avengers we need.