Season 2+ - Official Discussion

jmsnyc

[61]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 2

ABC/Disney is known for killing shows without ending the stories, ending in cliffhangers. Example V. Would you ever sell a book without a conclusion?

But it is good to know their is talk of a season 2. I am up to episode 22 but I will prob finish the next 4 within a week. Has season 2 been confirmed?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[62]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 41
    Disney has ordered 52 episodes, so another 26 episode season is coming.

jmsnyc

[63]Jun 18, 2011

Just curious what is the age range of people who watch this? Any adults here

RaizenYusuke

[64]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 28
    I'm 22.

neoyamato_pi

[65]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 26

I'm 18.

edmasterchaos

[66]Jun 20, 2011
    20 here. ...next poster will be 24?

1984neptune

[67]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 1

27 here

VazTek

[68]Jun 22, 2011
    25 here!!!! Gotta say I love this show. I have been glued to my seat in the wee hours of the morning, just watching the first season. It really started a little slow for me, but it picked up quick around the "Gamma World" and "Masters of Evil arcs." The Hulk steals the show with every line he has! That said, gotta love how they portray every character...they should use Banner a lil more, in a scientific ways, but overall great character development. Plus, I loved how they intertwined all the stories in the season and answered most, yet still managed to leave us hanging at the end.

As for Season 2, they are already starting with a great story, and they have a great wealth of stories to tell (from comics) so the sky is the limit, just hope, like everyone else that they finish what they have started. Maybe a Spidey cameo?!

MarvelComics1

[69]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 15

I've received information on the titles for some of the episodes in Season 2 from a rather reliable source:

#27 - The Private War of Dr. Doom (featuring the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, and the Hulk's new, stretchable pants)

#28 - Alone Against A.I.M. (featuring Iron Man's Mark IX armor and, of course, A.I.M.)

#34 - Who Do You Trust? (featuring Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel)

#46 - Code Red (featuring Vision under construction)

Cartoonkid-JP

[70]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 23
    MarvelComics1 wrote:

I've received information on the titles for some of the episodes in Season 2 from a rather reliable source:

#27 - The Private War of Dr. Doom (featuring the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, and the Hulk's new, stretchable pants)

#28 - Alone Against A.I.M. (featuring Iron Man's Mark IX armor and, of course, A.I.M.)

#34 - Who Do You Trust? (featuring Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel)

#46 - Code Red (featuring Vision under construction)

Sounds good, hope those are for real, what source is this from exactly

MarvelComics1

[71]Jul 5, 2011

The first one is from Christopher Yost's Twitter account. The others are from this site. (Click on the "Season Two" link.) This seems like a reliable source, as the information is incomplete. I usually notice that fake episode lists include much more detailed information, more of it, and the episodes are usually in order. For example, if this site had like the first ten episodes listed with complete (or semi-complete) summaries, I would suspect that the list was fake. Also, the first two episode titles are based on comic titles. ("The Private War of Doctor Doom" is based on The Avengers#156and "Alone Against A.I.M." is based on The Invincible Iron Man#1.) "Who Do You Trust" is based on some kind of Secret Invasion storlyine or slogan, although a Google search yielded no results pertaining to comic issues of that name. Fake-episode makers usually make up their own episode names, or at least that's what I've noticed.

Furthermore, the owner of the site seems like a true Avengers fan. It doesn't seem like he'd make up episodes just for the fun of it to get people's hopes up like the guys who "hacked" imdb and wikipedia towards the end of the first season.

Although it does seem a little hard to belive that we'd already be receiving episode titles for Season 2, considering The Ultimate Spider-Man is slated for release in September (I think) and we've barely heard a thing about it, this does seem like a credible source.

Edited on 07/05/2011 8:41am
    Edited 4 total times.

edmasterchaos

[72]Jul 5, 2011
    Oh my god! O.o Ultimate spider-man comes out this September? I thought it was next year. Oh, and yay avengers.

MarvelComics1

[73]Jul 6, 2011

It'll be sometime this fall. I guess I just assumed that the article I read meant September, as that's when most series premiere. However, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes premiered in October. Nonetheless, it'll be sometime this fall.

neoyamato_pi

[74]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 26

Sounds great to me. Can't wait.

Edited on 07/08/2011 12:53pm

edmasterchaos

[75]Jul 9, 2011

Hmm. I think. In two weeks i will be doing something.

IDK WHAT.

OH WAIT, I KNOW WHAT I WILL BE DOING IN EXACTLY TWO WEEKS (and then minutes)

10:30-11:30 Marvel Televisionâ€" Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb brings the inside scoop on Marvel's latest series that take your favorite heroes from page to screen. Get a first look at the premiere of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season two, a sneak peek at a certain ultimate webslinger, and a few other surprises from Marvel Television. Room 6BCF

Will post all relevant stuff when it's over.

VazTek

[76]Jul 11, 2011
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Oh my god! O.o Ultimate spider-man comes out this September? I thought it was next year. Oh, and yay avengers.

I truly hope "Ultimate" lives up to it, because it would be a damn shame to have cancelled "Spectacular" for a failure, but I definitely will be watching it!

MajLorne

[77]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 21
    Agreed. I also hope that also applies to the movies. It's such a shame they couldn't just continue after Spiderman 3. I hate it when they have to reboot a show/movie especially when it did fairly well. Fingers crossed on both.

MarvelComics1

[78]Jul 12, 2011

Episode #30 will be called Welcome to the Kree Empire and will introduce Ms. Marvel (which makes me wonder what my source meant when it said that Who Do You Trustfeatures Carol Danvers).Also, Code Red apparently features the Red Hulk (a.k.a. General Ross). I've also gotten word of several characters to be introduced this season, including Crossfire, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Scott Lang (who will steal Ant-Man's costume).

By the way, I don't mean to be be the big bad forum mod or anything, but try to only post anything related to Ultimate Spider-Manif you include it in a post that also contains content relevant to The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It's okay to get a little off-topic, but I don't want this thread to become centered on a different show. Thanks!

Edited on 07/13/2011 4:53am

edmasterchaos

[79]Jul 13, 2011

MajLorne wrote:
    Agreed. I also hope that also applies to the movies. It's such a shame they couldn't just continue after Spiderman 3. I hate it when they have to reboot a show/movie especially when it did fairly well. Fingers crossed on both.
    To be fair, the first one was rather lame... the second was an improvement but still had lame moments, and the third one was pretty much a teasing, joking take at Alien Suit Spider-man. A new movie with a separate continuity altogether sounds neat =v=; though idk why Proto-Goblin is in it.

MarvelComics1 wrote:

Episode #30 will be called Welcome to the Kree Empire and will introduce Ms. Marvel (which makes me wonder what my source meant when it said that Who Do You Trustfeatures Carol Danvers).Also, Code Red apparently features the Red Hulk (a.k.a. General Ross). I've also gotten word of several characters to be introduced this season, including Crossfire, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Scott Lang (who will steal Ant-Man's costume).

It could be that Carol Danvers doesn't become Ms. Marvel until the 30th episode? And on Who Do You Trust just has her powers but tries to be a standard soldier.

*checks Scott Lang* ooooooooh awesome

RaizenYusuke

[80]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 28

On topic: Ms. Marvel makes her official in costume debut in episode 30/4 of season 2. The Red Hulk is coming in. I don't read Hulk, so I'm limited to wikipedia info. The Red Hulk is basically General Ross finally going totally overboard becoming a Hulk to torture Bruce and the Hulk personas right? Any word if he will have a different origin or be someone else?

Off topic: The Ultimate Spider-Man series and the new movie are going to have big shoes to fill. Spectacular Spider-Man was an excellent series and it was cancelled before its time. Here is hoping the story is well written like the last one. The previous Spider-Man movies did well. I am glad that script for the fourth one with the Vulture and Black Cat being his side kick was killed, but I wish the first franchise got to end strong. The first two weresolid, so it sad to see the third one brought the entireseries down.