Season 2+ - Official Discussion

  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [81]Jul 17, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    You've got Red Hulk's story right. It seems like a pretty similar story is used in this show. Apparently, Ross thinks the Avengers need "a soldier, not a monster" on their team. Not sure about the details, though. Somehow I didn't catch wind of storyboards for the second season that were released online at the beginning of the month. I didn't hear about them until they were already removed, but toonzone forum posts have revealed a lot of the info that the storyboards provided. I forgot to post this in my last post, but it looks like the Scott Lang story is about Crossfire kidnapping Cassie (Lang's daughter), so he steals Ant-Man's costume - which is probably to use when he delivers ransom money to Crossfire. This is pretty similar to his story in the comics, which involves him using Ant-Man's armor to help an ill Cassie. There's also a scene where all the Avengers battle their Skrull counterparts at some point in the season.


    Unfortunately, it looks like Ultimate Spider-Man is delayed until 2012. On the bright side, at least we'll be getting a 26 episode first season. That's a first for a cartoon about the web-slinger. It seems like that's the trend with cartoons nowadays, which I'm certainly in favor of. Perhaps this show will be intended to promote the upcoming film, although I doubt they'll have any continuity. The cartoon will probably be the same quality as this series, not quite as awesome as some of the DCAU cartoons, but still great. It'll be nice to see a twist to the classic Spider-Man and a series featuring many team-ups. I'd prefer to see this in a Spider-Man series than Avengers, as we've already had many Spider-Man cartoons, and this is our first faithful Avengers adaptation.


    The film seems to be making the foolish mistake of retelling Spidey's origin. You just don't do an origin on the silver screen twice. It gets old. Personally, I'm a big fan of all three of the old Spidey films, but I'm glad they cancelled the fourth one. I didn't know Black Cat was planned to be in it. Putting two heroes in a live action film is another big mistake. It just seems...wrong. When you spend thousands of dollars on a 2 hour live action threatrical release and you only get one film every 2-4 years, you shouldn't be taking the spotlight off of the main heroes. That was a mistake Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfermade. Nonetheless, I don't expect to be disappointed with the film.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [82]Jul 23, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    At the panel~ i will post stuff when its done


    *way after it's done*


    okay got too involved in other stuff.


    ANYWHO, iirc there wasn't much information about the new season, Marvel Television was mostly about the other shows coming, including live action (for ABC) Hulk and Jessica Jones, live action (for ABC Family) Mocking Bird and Cloak & Dagger, then also animated shows were Hulk & The Agents of SMASH (she hulk, red hulk, and two more i can't really recall) and i think there was another animated one coming, or i'm thinking Ultimate Spider-man
    (for next year, yes. Trailer was pretty cool, that whole sudden thing of focusing on Spider-man and having the background get dramatic will be prominent it seems. Drake Bell is Peter Parker/Spider-man, that agent from the movies is also showing up same actor giving the voice and he will be undercover as Peter's principal, there's gonna be a lot of fourth-wall gags, like villain says "You're toast!" and lands a hit on Peter then he becomes a chibi toaster whose limbs are attached to the toaster, then it pops up the bread and his head is on top of said bread, followed by going normal and saying "Hey! These costumes don't sue themselves!" cut to Peter sewing the costume and going "....what?" to the audience. And there's confirmed to be a special episode where Peter becomes Spider-ham and a musical episode.)


    BUT, Avengers! The first episode is indeed about Dr. Doom and the new costumes are there immediately, though tbh i didn't really notice them at first lol



    ***SPOILER***


    Edited on 07/24/2011 6:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [83]Jul 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    Thanks, edmasterchaos! The episode sounds great. I just can't believe how many of my predictions about this ep came true. I predicted Thor would have stayed in Asgard, Panther just wouldn't be in the episode for an unexplained reason, and the heroes would be grouped the way they were (Tony/Reed, Janet/Sue, Clint/Johnny, Hulk/Thing). However, I will admit I didn't predict Sue would be a Skrull. It seems like the Skrulls are capturing one member of each team (Viper from HYDRA/Serpent Society, Cap from Avengers, Sue from the FF). Maybe we'll see the X-Men guest star and turn out to have a Skrull imposter!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [84]Jul 24, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    Oh Panther was there being his awesome self. In fact the poker game was Johnny, Ben, Steve, Hawkeye, Panther and Hulk
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [85]Jul 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    I'm pleasantly surprised about Panther's appearance! He's usually very underdeveloped and made the least number of appearances in the first season out of all the Avengers. Actually, I believe there were only twelve episodes out of the first twenty-six in which he had dialogue.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bluecatcinema

    bluecatcinema

    [86]Jul 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 1,031
    I wonder how long it'll be before the Skrull Cap is "outed" as an imposter.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [87]Jul 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    It'll probably be revealed to the team in episode 208, "Who Do You Trust" (hence the title).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Marvelfan8

    Marvelfan8

    [88]Jul 26, 2011
    • member since: 07/26/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5
    I just recently started watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix, and i think it is a very good show. I've been watching this thread to learn more about season 2 and i'm really looking forward to it coming out sometime this fall. I do have a few questions though, and i wanted to see if anyone here could answer them.

    In the episode "Hail, Hydra!", after Cap touches the Cosmic Cube, they show Bucky at the end of the episode. Do you think that Bucky will be in season 2 at all? I just thought it was interesting that they showed him at the end of that one episode and he was never shown again in season 1.

    About Bruce Banner and the Hulk: Do you think that they'll include Banner in more episodes in season 2? I think it kind of stinks that Banner never gets a chance to help as a scientist, that he's always the Hulk. And after seeing that the Hulk will be getting stretchy pants for season 2, i thought that maybe that meant that Banner would be included in more episodes, but i wanted to see what other people thought.

    Please feel free to post any answers or thoughts to these questions. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of syrusfan

    syrusfan

    [89]Jul 26, 2011
    • member since: 04/25/07
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 14,310

    Question 1: In the comics, Bucky comes back as a villain named the Winter Soldier, so it is possible since the show seems to follow many of the comic storylines.


    Question 2: Not sure. Hulk seems to be the dominant side this time around.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [90]Jul 26, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    Marvelfan8 wrote:
    I just recently started watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix, and i think it is a very good show. I've been watching this thread to learn more about season 2 and i'm really looking forward to it coming out sometime this fall. I do have a few questions though, and i wanted to see if anyone here could answer them. In the episode "Hail, Hydra!", after Cap touches the Cosmic Cube, they show Bucky at the end of the episode. Do you think that Bucky will be in season 2 at all? I just thought it was interesting that they showed him at the end of that one episode and he was never shown again in season 1. About Bruce Banner and the Hulk: Do you think that they'll include Banner in more episodes in season 2? I think it kind of stinks that Banner never gets a chance to help as a scientist, that he's always the Hulk. And after seeing that the Hulk will be getting stretchy pants for season 2, i thought that maybe that meant that Banner would be included in more episodes, but i wanted to see what other people thought. Please feel free to post any answers or thoughts to these questions. Thanks!


    Well, Red Skull is confirmed to be in the second season, which means we're likely to see a reunion of characters from Cap's WWII days. Also, I think either Chris Yost or Josh Fine stated in an interview that Red Skull was the cause of Bucky's "death" in the show (as opposed to Baron Zemo, who was responsible for it in the comics) for a reason that he refused to say, so I have a feeling that Red Skull's appearance will be connected to Bucky's return. I'm sure that the creators wouldn't have made Cap "revive" Bucky if they didn't plan to make him return. He'll most likely become the Winter Soldier when Red Skull finds him and brainwashes him into becoming a villain.


    I don't think Iron Man would have made Hulk stretchable pants if he was always the Hulk. There would simply not be a need for them if he never transforms back into Bruce Banner, so Banner and Hulk probably make some sort of agreement. However, there is one episode in the first season (Gamma World (2)) when Hulk transforms back into Banner for a brief part of the episode, so you won't have to wait until the second season to see Banner.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [91]Jul 26, 2011
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071
    I would love to see Bruce more. Maybe he and the Hulk will work on a new deal that allows both of them some time in the outside world. The Red Skull is coming freaking awesome! I wonder if he will be the one to figure out the Skrull Capt is a fake. You know they get in a fight and the Skull notices some subtle differences that the team misses. The type of differences two enemies would notice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of syrusfan

    syrusfan

    [92]Jul 28, 2011
    • member since: 04/25/07
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 14,310

    Fantastic 4 and Doctor Doom huh? It'll be interesting seeing them. Wonder if this means other Marvel heroes will pop up every now and again.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Marvelfan8

    Marvelfan8

    [93]Jul 28, 2011
    • member since: 07/26/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5
    Thanks for some great thoughts. I didn't know much about what happens to Bucky in the comics, so thanks for filling me in. And i also hope that Bruce and the Hulk come up with some kind of agreement to where they can both live some time in the outside world. I'm so ready for season 2!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [94]Jul 28, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    Marvelfan8 wrote:
    Thanks for some great thoughts. I didn't know much about what happens to Bucky in the comics, so thanks for filling me in. And i also hope that Bruce and the Hulk come up with some kind of agreement to where they can both live some time in the outside world. I'm so ready for season 2!
    I didn't know about Bucky much either, that's what's great with these kind of team series, it shows enough of characters with huge stories so you get interested and look up more on them, get their stories.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Marvelfan8

    Marvelfan8

    [95]Jul 28, 2011
    • member since: 07/26/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5
    Yeah. I like team series too. You end up learning more about characters, like their stories and what they're like that you didn't know much about before
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [96]Jul 30, 2011
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,458
    MarvelComics1 wrote:

    Unfortunately, it looks like Ultimate Spider-Man is delayed until 2012. On the bright side, at least we'll be getting a 26 episode first season. That's a first for a cartoon about the web-slinger. It seems like that's the trend with cartoons nowadays, which I'm certainly in favor of. Perhaps this show will be intended to promote the upcoming film, although I doubt they'll have any continuity. The cartoon will probably be the same quality as this series, not quite as awesome as some of the DCAU cartoons, but still great. It'll be nice to see a twist to the classic Spider-Man and a series featuring many team-ups. I'd prefer to see this in a Spider-Man series than Avengers, as we've already had many Spider-Man cartoons, and this is our first faithful Avengers adaptation.


    The film seems to be making the foolish mistake of retelling Spidey's origin. You just don't do an origin on the silver screen twice. It gets old. Personally, I'm a big fan of all three of the old Spidey films, but I'm glad they cancelled the fourth one. I didn't know Black Cat was planned to be in it. Putting two heroes in a live action film is another big mistake. It just seems...wrong. When you spend thousands of dollars on a 2 hour live action threatrical release and you only get one film every 2-4 years, you shouldn't be taking the spotlight off of the main heroes. That was a mistake Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfermade. Nonetheless, I don't expect to be disappointed with the film.


    I liked the animation of the 90s show since the characters looked older. Spectacular Spiderman was great because at least they didn't go cheap by recycling scenes and the storyline was just as good.

    Totally agreed. I don't care what anyone says: the first 2 spiderman films were great, the 3rd tried to have too much and they totally blew it with Venom. How could they sqaunder such an awesome character? They need to do a Venom movie.

    Also if they are going the reboot route, why go thru with the origin of gaining his powers that was covered in the other series? If so then it should be quick and not take up most of the first half. Something like what the Incredible Hulk did. They can do a reboot, but it doesn't have to ignore the other movies totally.

    I'm not really against a Black Cat appearance, she'd be more like a sidekick or something.

    The mistake of FF: rise of the Silver Surfer was they brought in Doom when he wasn't really needed and the turning of Galactus into some cloud monster. Overall it was a slight improvement over the first Fantastic Four movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [97]Jul 31, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    Well. Seeing how Peter is using webshooters instead of the ridiculous organic web (i like the fact that spidey needs to make his resources, that his webbing is limited, specially early on when it's harder on him since he just invented/discovered and perfected the formula) it will be a bit necessary to go through the origin story again, though i would really enjoy if it was a bit of a recap, sure it's a bit deeper than this but just going for ten minutes about how he got power and lost everyone for not going through the path of good should be good enough since it's spider-man, everyone knows his story. It better take nods from the ultimate universe at least.
    Though, using the Lizard right away is always good, so, i got some faith for this movie.


    Anyway. uh.... i got nothing. I'll just go read my Spider-man Vs Venom tradepaper *looks at pile of tradepapers to read* @_@

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neoyamato_pi

    neoyamato_pi

    [98]Aug 1, 2011
    • member since: 08/26/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 8,905

    Marvelfan8 wrote:
    Yeah. I like team series too. You end up learning more about characters, like their stories and what they're like that you didn't know much about before


    Yep, that's basically how I expand my knowledge about most of the characters.


    New episode sounds great though. Too bad Skrull!Cap doesn't have a role in it. I can't wait to see how that character interacts with the others.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [99]Aug 1, 2011
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    MajLorne wrote:
    Also if they are going the reboot route, why go thru with the origin of gaining his powers that was covered in the other series? If so then it should be quick and not take up most of the first half. Something like what the Incredible Hulk did.


    I'll start out by saying that I think Spider-Man's film franchise is too young for a reboot. Batman, OK. Superman, sure. But Tobey only become Spiderman in 2002, still under a decade ago.



    It may sound silly, but otherwise people will get confused.


    Not comic fans, or those that understand the term "reboot" or "retcon."


    But the average viewer.


    Even with a different actor, some people will just assume that it's a continuation and thus get confused.



    So by starting from scratch, they assure everyone, even those that have NO clue, "WE ARE STARTING FROM SCRATCH, TOBY'S VERSION HAS NO PLACE HERE" And thus later if they want another Venom match, people won't be wondering "didn't they fight already?"



    Meanwhile, there's the whole web-shooter thing. They want to go back to mechanical, which would confuse the people (mentioned earlier). I gaurantee you some parents will be like "what, did the holes on his hand scab over?"


    Edited on 08/01/2011 1:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [100]Aug 1, 2011
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,458

    @kanniballl Exactly, the trilogy was a financial success. It's not like any of them 'bombed' like Batman and Robin or Superman 3 and 4 did. There's no point in making a reboot.


    If they wanted to go in a new direction, they could've maybe kept some of the elements from the series and use a different villain. I just hope they don't reuse Goblin, Doc Oc, Sandman again. The only reason Doc Oc and Sandman should return is if they are part of the sinister 6. Some villains that should be concidered for the future movies [besides the Lizard]: Vulture, Scorpion, Electro, etc.


    =


    @edmasterchaos I wasn't too bothered about the part where Spidey shot webs from his wrist. That was one oversight I was willing to let pass since the rest of the movies were done well. But I too hope it is something like a 10min recap since the first movie covered most of his origins already. I'd be in favor of the Ultimate universe as well. But if it remains the same 'tone' as the previous 3 movies, then I'm happy.

    Edited on 08/01/2011 8:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.