Season 2+ - Official Discussion

  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [161]Apr 11, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    Not sure where to post it, but, just read the Avengers tie-in comic, basically there's a 11 page story of the Avengers beating up Mandarin and a dragon (Thor and Giant man not there, Captain America has his normal shield) and then it's another story that just recaps the entire first season, with Agent Coulson there.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [162]Apr 18, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjRYvRaP5g0&feature=channel&list=UL


    One of those Marvel Universe live action thingies, basically they tell how one would make the closest thing to Captain America's shield, but, there are a few animated clips there, and it has two little spoilers:



    ***SPOILER***



    Also, i lied. Those are big spoilers. One of them made me choke over how big it is. Like, you won't believe your damn eyes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [163]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,521
    Yeah, I just can't see this energy sheild as being the replacement. I prefer the original circular physical shield better. I just couldn't figure why the original couldn't have been forged back together by the dwarf king. I mean if he and Stark can craft a suit of armor out of the same metal as THor's hammer, what's forging a broken shield?*

    * meant as sarcasm, obviously probably not as simple as I'm making it sound, but still gotta wonder what the big problem is for the shield.

    As for the other spoiler, wow, I know they have to bring him back eventually especially with the 2 main leaders of Hydra back in prison, but that would be a cool way to reveal him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [164]Apr 22, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    Well, it's a throwback at the replacement shield from the comics. No idea what the story is on it, but it exists. Moon Knight's using a knock-off even (which reminds me, there's just one issue left...) actually, i have no idea when i'll get to see the episode so wikipedia/tvtropes time!


    Well, first off the original triangle-like shield was retconned ten years ago as a gift from Captain America to Black Panther's father, representing peace between the countries and in exchange BP's dad gave Cap vibranium which would be used for the new, circular, shield.
    Before the circular shield was made, a second triangle shield was made and kept in storage after the trademark one was finished.


    Then in 2010 it was ret-retconned that the original triangle shield was destroyed by Red Skull and that Black Panther's grandfather gave the material of the new one, while also lending Cap a circular vibranium thing to fight off Red Skull.


    Now, the energy thingy... not that much history. At some point Cap got exiled and used a photon shield thing. After Steve Rogers came back to life (He died in Civil War for a while) Bucky was still the acting Captain America, so Steve let Bucky keep the shield while an improved version of the Photon Shield was given to him which acts exactly as we see it on the show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [165]Apr 22, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,521
    Interesting, thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [167]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    Loeb ruins everything forever. Like always.


    So, yeah. New Avengers show in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., it makes sense wanting to make a new animated universe... but still... if it's all as goofy as Spider-man, ugh... i mean, i can deal with Ultimate Spider-man being goofy, it's the seventh or eight Spider-man cartoon, if i want something serious/cool i can just rewatch some 90s Spidey or Spectacular, hell MTV Spidey is really cool in a more serious way, too. I can even give Spider-man Unlimited a watch if i feel like it and no regrets, it's an interesting and huge history of the character in animated form. But Avengers have this and 12 (or 22?) episodes of a horrible cartoon. I can't deal with a silly Avengers when this is so good.


    Ant-man... =(

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Flashheat

    Flashheat

    [168]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,104
    Wow, I never thought Beta Ray Bill would make an animated appearance(Planet Hulk movie aside)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of syrusfan

    syrusfan

    [169]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 04/25/07
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 14,310

    As long as the current show stays untouched, I'm pretty to indifferent to this right now.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [170]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,521
    edmasterchaos wrote:

    Loeb ruins everything forever. Like always.


    So, yeah. New Avengers show in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., it makes sense wanting to make a new animated universe... but still... if it's all as goofy as Spider-man, ugh... i mean, i can deal with Ultimate Spider-man being goofy, it's the seventh or eight Spider-man cartoon, if i want something serious/cool i can just rewatch some 90s Spidey or Spectacular, hell MTV Spidey is really cool in a more serious way, too. I can even give Spider-man Unlimited a watch if i feel like it and no regrets, it's an interesting and huge history of the character in animated form. But Avengers have this and 12 (or 22?) episodes of a horrible cartoon. I can't deal with a silly Avengers when this is so good.


    Ant-man... =(

    Damn, this is so friggin stupid. Why would they cancel a show that has 52 episodes? Is it so hard for people to realize that maybe continuing something that isn't broken is better than scrapping and starting over again? Such a dumb stupid move. I only wished this was April 1st and this being a very bad joke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [171]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,127
    Most cartoon shows end with 52 episodes, some get 65. For some reason networks end shows at 52 or 65 if the show s lucky. It is rare for cartoons to go beyond 52 even rarer to go beyond 65. We don't know if this Avengers is cancelled yet, so until it is I will hope this series will get another season. I am not excited about this new series. Ultimate Spider-Man is alright, but cancelling this series for a more comedy based Avangers after the crappy 99/00 one is horrible.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [172]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    MajLorne wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:


    Loeb ruins everything forever. Like always.


    So, yeah. New Avengers show in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., it makes sense wanting to make a new animated universe... but still... if it's all as goofy as Spider-man, ugh... i mean, i can deal with Ultimate Spider-man being goofy, it's the seventh or eight Spider-man cartoon, if i want something serious/cool i can just rewatch some 90s Spidey or Spectacular, hell MTV Spidey is really cool in a more serious way, too. I can even give Spider-man Unlimited a watch if i feel like it and no regrets, it's an interesting and huge history of the character in animated form. But Avengers have this and 12 (or 22?) episodes of a horrible cartoon. I can't deal with a silly Avengers when this is so good.


    Ant-man... =(


    Damn, this is so friggin stupid. Why would they cancel a show that has 52 episodes? Is it so hard for people to realize that maybe continuing something that isn't broken is better than scrapping and starting over again? Such a dumb stupid move. I only wished this was April 1st and this being a very bad joke.
    I don't think it's stupid in most senses. I mean, the whole idea is "okay, by the time we run out of episodes we'll have two shows set-up in the same universe, should we keep this one with these lower production values going (AND CONFUZE TEH KIDz) or just make another one in the same universe as the rest?"


    For us as consumers, yeah, it's lame that Avengers is going to continue but as another series that might not be as good. But the logic is kinda sound... and, who knows, maybe it'll lead to something bigger down the line.


    Still, the show isn't cancelled, there are 21 episodes left and this decision was likely made a long time ago, so we're almost sure that the big invasion plot will be resolved by the end of the season at least and that this series will get a proper and awesome send-off.


    @Syrus: Yeah, this one will probably not get affected

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [173]May 4, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,521
    If this new Avengers show keeps the same relatively serious tone of this one, then fine. I actually like the animation of Ultimate Spiderman. But if they make it 'campy' like Ultimate Spiderman has been, then I've got very bad feelings about it and will just skip it. They better not 'kidify' the show too much. The 90s shows for the most part were pretty good for older fans as well as being aimed at kids.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [174]May 5, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    When we speak of 90s shows in this context, we're talking about the Avengers show in particular. If you haven't heard of it... that's how bad it was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neoyamato_pi

    neoyamato_pi

    [175]May 5, 2012
    • member since: 08/26/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 8,905

    Bummer man. It makes sense that they want to compile their shows into one universe. But, before USM's premier, I thought they would do that with that show and this one instead of starting up a new Avengers cartoon. Hopefully, the new cartoon will have a serious tone to it at least. Or, on the slight chance, hope TA: EMH continues with another season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [176]May 5, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,521
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    When we speak of 90s shows in this context, we're talking about the Avengers show in particular. If you haven't heard of it... that's how bad it was.
    Of course there were flops, Avengers united they stand, Hulk season 2, Ironman/FF season1. But to me the 90s was XMen, Spiderman TAS, Ironman/FF s2 and Hulk s1.

    I still stand by what I said about it being a mistake to end this show for a reboot given how 'well treated' Ultimate Spiderman is. If the new avengers show decends to that level of crap comedy segments, then it's a big fail for Marvel. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarvelComics1

    MarvelComics1

    [177]May 6, 2012
    • member since: 02/01/11
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 152

    I personally didn't dislike a single 90's Marvel cartoon. I can easily see and understand other viewers' complaints, but I believe that a true Marvel fan will find something to like in just about any Marvel series. Even season 1 of Fantastic Four was able to capture the "feel" of the Fantastic Four established by the comics. They got all the characters' personalities right and the interactions and chemistry between the four heroes seemed just like the chemistry in the comics.


    In the interest of time, I will avoid a lengthy discourse on my feelings regarding the cancellation of AEMH. All I will say is this: I am NOT happy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [178]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,127

    Well we still aren't sure this show will be canceled. It is doing well. It is still entirely possible that its popularity will allow it to be renewed for another season. Dinsney is strict on ter 65 episode (limit) or sometimes 52 (also standard # of episodes cartoons get), but with really popular shows they have made exceptions. Maybe this will get like Kim Possible big (especially now that the Avengrs movie is making a killing and kiddies will no doubt be watching all things Avengers) and Disney will renew it for a third season with 26 episodes.


    The promo for the upcoming episode showed Captain America in classic wear and the new Captain America Skrull outfit. I am not sure if this means the real Captain America escapes from the Skrulls and returns to the team. It seems too soon. The other promos show Skrull Captain America being revealed to the team when the Skrulls actually invade with Hawkeye and other captured members realizing he is not the real Capt. I don't think this will happen in tomorrow's episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [179]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    Well we still aren't sure this show will be canceled. It is doing well. It is still entirely possible that its popularity will allow it to be renewed for another season. Dinsney is strict on ter 65 episode (limit) or sometimes 52 (also standard # of episodes cartoons get), but with really popular shows they have made exceptions. Maybe this will get like Kim Possible big (especially now that the Avengrs movie is making a killing and kiddies will no doubt be watching all things Avengers) and Disney will renew it for a third season with 26 episodes.


    The promo for the upcoming episode showed Captain America in classic wear and the new Captain America Skrull outfit. I am not sure if this means the real Captain America escapes from the Skrulls and returns to the team. It seems too soon. The other promos show Skrull Captain America being revealed to the team when the Skrulls actually invade with Hawkeye and other captured members realizing he is not the real Capt. I don't think this will happen in tomorrow's episode.


    No, but that's the issue. It's confirmed that it'll end on episode 52 exclusively to make a new Avengers show with Thanos as a villain AND to be set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tansniper

    tansniper

    [180]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 11/04/03
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 312
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    Well we still aren't sure this show will be canceled. It is doing well. It is still entirely possible that its popularity will allow it to be renewed for another season. Dinsney is strict on ter 65 episode (limit) or sometimes 52 (also standard # of episodes cartoons get), but with really popular shows they have made exceptions. Maybe this will get like Kim Possible big (especially now that the Avengrs movie is making a killing and kiddies will no doubt be watching all things Avengers) and Disney will renew it for a third season with 26 episodes.


    The promo for the upcoming episode showed Captain America in classic wear and the new Captain America Skrull outfit. I am not sure if this means the real Captain America escapes from the Skrulls and returns to the team. It seems too soon. The other promos show Skrull Captain America being revealed to the team when the Skrulls actually invade with Hawkeye and other captured members realizing he is not the real Capt. I don't think this will happen in tomorrow's episode.



    ah cool a promo is out.. i have to look for that. but yeah..they are canceling it..its not Disney episode policy. it is not longer in play since E step down as much.

    yeah they are pushing into the u world, as edmaster has said

    yeah i can see why..to promote the movies, and U world comics and so on. though it said..i am not happy.. the show had a good flow going with teen/older fan base theme. with it.. but i am looking forward with this season 2 going out with a BANG!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.