Thoughts so far.

scottd2242

[1]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 14

After seeing all the minis I'm impressed. They havent glossed over the darker parts of the show (SHIELD weaponizing gamma monsters, T'Chakas death, WW2) Im not putting Buckys "death" in the category because Im convinved the winter soldier will pop up at some point. The Easter Eggs have been great (The Punisher on the front page of the paper, Agent Morse, Hawkeye starting out as a "bad guy") I cant wait to see what happens next.

Does anyone know how many eposodes in the first season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Batman395

[2]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 20

I know. This show has been pretty good so far. I was expecting to see another dumb Disney show filled with kiddie-style plots and lame jokes throughout. I am impressed. I believe there are twenty-six episodes in the first season.

MajLorne

[3]Oct 22, 2010
    • level: 21
    As long as it remains mostly serious and little on the campiness, I think Marvel will finally have an answer to DC's Justice Leauge. There's so many neat villains and groups like Hydra, aim, etc. No need to resort to space aliens like in the Ultimate Avengers movies.
    I hope that if the series does well, it can run past 52 eps or 2 seasons.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 28

I like it so far it seems like another great Marvel show. I agree this definitely seems like this will be Marvel's equivalent to the DCAU Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. My only real complaint is that WWII seems like Nazi were erased and replaced by Hydra soldiers, but that probably has to do with broadcasting not wanting to put Nazi/Hitler thing rather than the writers and producers themselves. I hope this escapes the Marvel curse of 26 episodes like X-Men, Spider-Man 94, and X-Men Evolution did.

Avearia

[5]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 14

I am also liking what I see so far. I'm a newcomer--I'm not a big comic-follower, I only knew loosely of all the characters beforehand. But they introduced the characters very well, and where everything 'stands' on the good/bad/inbetween/? factions. I'm betting a lot of people who don't read the comics will still like this, it's very accessable to a new crowd. That's always a plus for new shows, since more viewership=longer run.

I also like that they introduced a white/grey/black morality, few people on the show are a shining example of 'goodness'. I know they had different viewpoints in the comics, lots of grey areas, but sometimes in cartoons the writers tend to flatten the complexity. Most shows nowdays like giving clearcut morality. But this is more complex and interesting, I'm glad they kept it.

I'm also liking the character's personalities. Again, I don't follow the comics (so I don't know if they were in character with their counter parts or not,) but they all seemed very colorful and distinct. It's nice to see a cartoon show that doesn't flatten characters to cardboard cutouts. I'm definately tuning in to the next episode.

MajLorne

[6]Oct 25, 2010
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I like it so far it seems like another great Marvel show. I agree this definitely seems like this will be Marvel's equivalent to the DCAU Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. My only real complaint is that WWII seems like Nazi were erased and replaced by Hydra soldiers, but that probably has to do with broadcasting not wanting to put Nazi/Hitler thing rather than the writers and producers themselves. I hope this escapes the Marvel curse of 26 episodes like X-Men, Spider-Man 94, and X-Men Evolution did.

I am not surprised about the Nazi thing being erased. Actually those shows you mentioned lasted at least 52+ episodes. It was Iron Man, FF, Hulk that had less than 26 eps. 1st half of the Hulk and 2nd half of IM and FF were really good, but they are still lumped in with their lamer halves.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Oct 25, 2010
    MajLorne wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I am not surprised about the Nazi thing being erased. Actually those shows you mentioned lasted at least 52+ episodes. It was Iron Man, FF, Hulk that had less than 26 eps. 1st half of the Hulk and 2nd half of IM and FF were really good, but they are still lumped in with their lamer halves.
    I know they lasted longer than 26 episodes, that's why I said I hope this lasts longer than 26 episodes like X-Men shows and Spider-Man lasted longer than 26 episodes silly.

ANF1990

[8]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 3

Excellent! This show has everything a Marvel fan could dream of! This show has great action, awesome characters, very good drama & suspense, and the animation & voice cast are just perfect. This show makes JLA & JLU seem lame & boring by comparrison (but that's my opinion, for I just don't really like DC Comics or most of their characters... with the exception of Batman & his villains)! So far, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has just been pure excellence! I'm sure it will continue, giving us more great episodes to watch.

WicthBalder

[9]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 4

So far, I think that this show is really good. I likehow they made this show a little bit more serious and still manages to make thisshow enjoyable for both children and adults.It makes up for all of the silliness and crappynessfrom thatsuperhero squad show. I just have one little problem with this show. I find that some of the characters of this showare annoying sometimes. The action, the story telling everything else is more than good. But me personally, I'm a little disappointed with some of the character development of a few marvel characters (except for Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Loki whom i think have great character development). Besides my own criticism aboutcertain characters, i have nothing bad to say about this show. I think it will do very well and i hope that it will have a second season or more.

XGalt

[10]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 13

I'm loving how they just dive head first into Marvel Continuity. I mean how easy would it have been to have the Red Skull or "random snake guy" sitting in that chair instead of Baron Strucker? Also, the characters actually seem to have some depth. Right off hand Hulk and Thor are really getting some good character development that doesn't revolve around smashing things. Lastly, enough cannot be said about the rocking opening to this show. From the moment the title music started I knew I was in for the long haul.

Edited on 10/29/2010 11:17pm

briggott

[11]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 5

So far I am loving the show. I am glad we have finally gotten a full powered depiction of the Hulk (I felt he was too weak in the two recent films), Iparticularlyliked the fight with Graviton. My only qualm about the show is the voice actor doing Tonk Stark and his terrible RDJimpersonation!

MajLorne

[12]Nov 4, 2010
    Yeah, I personally would prefer the guy that voiced Ironman in season 2 of the 90s show. He was great. But eh, the movies did very well and I don't really mind the 'RDJ' impersonation. He could tone it down, but otherwise, I'll tolerate it.

Batman395

[13]Nov 5, 2010

RaizenYusuke wrote:

You won't have to worry about this series only having 26 episodes. According to an interview with Phil LaMarr before the show's premiere, Marvel is already working on the second season. The first has 26 episodes, so they have already surpassed 26. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Season 2 is also scheduled to have 26 episodes.

Edited on 11/05/2010 5:34pm

MajLorne

[14]Nov 5, 2010
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I know they lasted longer than 26 episodes, that's why I said I hope this lasts longer than 26 episodes like X-Men shows and Spider-Man lasted longer than 26 episodes silly.
    My bad, speed read your post and missed that detail. You are correct.

CrochetOwl

[15]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    Just found this show over the weekend and really like the look and feel of the show (jave already set to DVR to hunt for the other eppies I've missed to date). In addition, they have not been de-aged (as with the recent teen-aged Iron Man which I refused to tune in) or placed in a high school setting. Since the undeserved cancellation of Justice League, this seems to be a good replacement after all these years.

Batman395

[16]Nov 7, 2010

This show is off to a pretty good start. It has not been adjusted for a much younger audience (like Batman: the Brave and the Bold, The Super Hero Squad Show!, etc.) and has stayed on the same path as the comics. However, I do agree with WicthBalder that some of the characters are a bit annoying (mainly Wasp). Nonetheless, the show is still off to a good start. So far, the main focus was to get the team started off and get all of the members together. I think we'll be getting to see some interesting stories in the future. The next episode will focus on Wonder Man, then I think we'll be seeing an episode about the Black Panther followed by a two-part episode focusing on Hulk. I look forward to seeing these.

RaizenYusuke

[17]Nov 7, 2010
    I am glad to hear this will last longer than 26 episodes.

BenGirl16

[18]Dec 20, 2010

Did anyone else see/hear the name and person James Howlett in the first Captian America mini episode?! James Howlett a.k.a. James Logan a.k.a. Logan a.k.a. Wolverine!!! I cannot believe that was in there!!!

RaizenYusuke

[19]Dec 20, 2010
    I heard that, but I wasn't surprised. Captain America works with Logan during WW II era a few times, so it made sense that Wolverine would be in there.

BenGirl16

[20]Dec 22, 2010

I know he did but I'm just so surprised that was there.