We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Thoughts so far.

MajLorne

[21]Dec 28, 2010
    • level: 21
    Dunno if you saw the 90s X-men show, but the last season had a flashback of Logan working with Cap against the Nazis. And in the Meet Captain america mini ep, you can see Logan in a quick clip when the heroes were beating up the Hydra soldiers. So not a surprise, plus Wolverine's powers is fast healing, so he won't age as much as most other people will.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BenGirl16

[23]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 5

Yeah I saw it. And I know in full extent what his powers are, he's my fav superhero of all time.

StromileSwiftee

[24]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 8

The cool thing with animation, unlike motion pictures, Marvel has full control over all its animated licenses and can crossover and intertwine all their characters together in one Marvel Universe. So we can see Cap and Wolverine together, or Mister Fantastic working with Ant-man or newspaper references to the Punisher, things we won't see in the movies.

So far they've made many references to different storylines, so there is plenty of material to go around for many seasons. Looking forward to see what episodes are up and coming.

MovieMark

[25]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 31
    Yep, I'm loving this show! The action is truly awesome (altho nothing has beaten The Breakout (2)). I have a feeling they'll introduce the likes of Xavier and on later on in the series, considering the newspaper clippings we get.

atlonglast

[26]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 2

Why in the world are people comparing The avengers to DC's Justice League? The Justice League was a phenomenal show and after its airing of season one there was no hoping at all there was going to be a season two. I mean seriously think about it, Batman's popularity alone is greater than any and all of the avengers put together. The Avengers: earths mightiest heroes is a good show and all but its not going to last as long as five seasons of justice league...and there really hasn't been many memorable events so far other than the fight with graviton.

Semantix

[27]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 10

I beg to differ. It has the grounds to develop. DC has been around longer so yeah, people put more trust in what they produce. However, I'm getting tired of hearing the same story over and over and over and over from DC again and again. With Avengers now it's time to break into something different from the Marvel Universe. A chance to see lots of characters that haven't been animated as yet and bring them into perspective.

I'm looking forward to see storyboards develop and the introduction of other Marvel Superheroes and villians get involved in the series. I believe there are so much stories you can revolve around this base and premises. I've watched every episode of Justice League to Justice League Unlimited. It was really good, don't get me wrong but yeah how much stories can you possibly come up with?

I just think instead of assuming whether or not it will last, we should focus on how it develops in the long run. 19 episodes have been air and 52 have been produced. It shows that the series has potential and Disney is confident about that and so am I. I've seen all the episodes and have enjoyed them all. Really excited on what the other episodes have to offer and what to expect!

atlonglast

[28]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 2

Semantix wrote:

I beg to differ. It has the grounds to develop. DC has been around longer so yeah, people put more trust in what they produce. However, I'm getting tired of hearing the same story over and over and over and over from DC again and again. With Avengers now it's time to break into something different from the Marvel Universe. A chance to see lots of characters that haven't been animated as yet and bring them into perspective.

I'm looking forward to see storyboards develop and the introduction of other Marvel Superheroes and villians get involved in the series. I believe there are so much stories you can revolve around this base and premises. I've watched every episode of Justice League to Justice League Unlimited. It was really good, don't get me wrong but yeah how much stories can you possibly come up with?

I just think instead of assuming whether or not it will last, we should focus on how it develops in the long run. 19 episodes have been air and 52 have been produced. It shows that the series has potential and Disney is confident about that and so am I. I've seen all the episodes and have enjoyed them all. Really excited on what the other episodes have to offer and what to expect!

The same is easily said of marvel or any other universe in fact. Seen one episode and its like you've seen them all. You can guess what happens next. I'm agreeing with you that original episodes are rare in long run series, but its what the viewers want to see that keeps them interested such as since im a big fan of the hulk and tis the only reason im watching this show, even though i think they added him to the team to draw in his fans (was he seriously an avenger?) so it sucks for me when they don't have him appear in an episode. My point is that some people called this show the avengers marvel's answer to dc's justice league, and i seriously don't think it even comes close being as popular as justice league was and the avengers will not last as long as justice league did.

edmasterchaos

[29]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 41

atlonglast wrote:

Semantix wrote:

The same is easily said of marvel or any other universe in fact. Seen one episode and its like you've seen them all. You can guess what happens next. I'm agreeing with you that original episodes are rare in long run series, but its what the viewers want to see that keeps them interested such as since im a big fan of the hulk and tis the only reason im watching this show, even though i think they added him to the team to draw in his fans (was he seriously an avenger?) so it sucks for me when they don't have him appear in an episode. My point is that some people called this show the avengers marvel's answer to dc's justice league, and i seriously don't think it even comes close being as popular as justice league was and the avengers will not last as long as justice league did.

...wow.

Anyway, YES. Hulk was an avenger, a constant team member even if there were many times when the avengers fight the Hulk while on a rampage in his Non-Avenger periods.

And the show itself was originally going to be a Hulk series but was changed during the development.

And lastly, it might not be popular enough yet, but it has a lot going on, a lot of nods and plot lines with lesser known characters. You have no way of knowing if it will end soon or not. And very lastly, The Avengers have ALWAYS been Marvel's answer to DC's Justice League. If this animated series is not on JL/JLU's animated level who knows, but from the start The Avenger's are Marvel's Justice League.

Edited on 02/03/2011 8:00pm

MajLorne

[30]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    atlonglast wrote:

Why in the world are people comparing The avengers to DC's Justice League? The Justice League was a phenomenal show and after its airing of season one there was no hoping at all there was going to be a season two. I mean seriously think about it, Batman's popularity alone is greater than any and all of the avengers put together. The Avengers: earths mightiest heroes is a good show and all but its not going to last as long as five seasons of justice league...and there really hasn't been many memorable events so far other than the fight with graviton.

Comparison in the sense you have a group of the most well known marvel heroes against pretty well known villains. That's where this is similar to Justice League. Plus the early seasons of JL were soso. It got better when the roster expanded in JLU. That show was canned way too early. To me Avengers kinda fills that void now.

Of course Batman would be the most recognizible, he's only had a few tv shows [since the 60s] and movies made about him compared to just recently with the 90s and Marvel having some movies about their comic book characters. DC got more exposure and history.

RaizenYusuke

[31]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 28

The Avengers were specifically made to counter DC's Justice League so it's why people are calling this show Marvel's answer to Justice League. Combined JL/JLU is over 90 episodes and most shows rarely go beyond 52 or 65, so I can see why someone would not see the Avengers going that long. I have a hard time believing that will happen myself considering what happened to the Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men. I like both series, but you are comparing season 1 of Avengers to all 5 seasons of JL/JLU. The first season of JL started out as rough as the Avengers IMO. The biggest flaw season 1 JL had was that most of their stories were not one hour plots and they had to stretch them out which made some episode weaker than other ones. Season 2 fixes that problem, but my point is saying the only memorable thing the Avengers have is Graviton fight when JL/JLU have five seasons of memorial events is a bit unfair. The popularity may be true since more people had access to CN than Disney XD and with the economy being what it is less people have cable and thus less people see the show. I don't think JL/JLU was so good that A: EMH can't compare to it. The League was an awesome show, but it had its faults as well.

DrkMgcn399

[32]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 26

I'm just glad that Marvel's finally doingan Avengers TV showright this time. Sure, it may have have taken 'em 11 years to do another Avengers series, after the '90s series on Foxcrashed and burned afteronly 13 episodes. Ofcourse, the only the thing they seemed to have takenfrom that series is that Hank Pymcan easily alter between his Ant-Man and Giant-Man forms. And,unlike the other series, they actually have the founding Avengers as regular cast members instead of guest stars. Not to mention, the animation is much better and the action scenes rock! Hopefully season 2 will bring in more of the classic characters, like Scarlett Witch (since Wolverine and the X-Men got cancelled) and She-Hulk.

RaizenYusuke

[34]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 28

Great series that ended before its time. I wish it could have had one more season to wrap up everything. Now thatthe series is done I feel better about comparingit to Justice League/JLU. I will start withFirst season of JL vs first season of Avengers I am going to say I prefered Avengers season 1.

Justice League 1 season pros:

Good season preimere. It introduced a big enough threat that brought together seven heroes to stop it. There was a nice refrence to the DCAU's Superman with miltary still mistrustful of Superman for his actions in the finale of his show. It safely escaped the campness of Superfriends legacy by having the Leaguers not instantly working well together or even liking each other.

Constantly rotating roster of heroes for each episode, only having few episodes where all 7 members worked together. It didn't feel like I was just watching Superman or Batman do everything, while everyone else watched.

Developed lesser known characters like Hawkgirl, John Stewart, and Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter and Flash to lesser extents.

Good finale that introduced some old DC elements like the Black Hawks and Steve Travor.

Justice League season 1 cons:

Not every episode needed to be a hour long (or 40 minutes I should say). A lot of the episodes in season 1 could have been one episode and that it dragged trying to make them all one hour.

Superman felt really down powered to the point where he felt like a punching bag.

Some glaring plotholes. It was established the JL only had one ship to leave and go to the Watch Tower. How some of them got or left the Watch Tower when the ship was gone was confusing.

Avengers season 1 pros:

Good preimere like with JL. The first part is a slow start, but the second is where the fight with Gravitorn starts and it was a big one that had all 5 of the founding members play a big part in taking him down.

Like with JL there was a rough start and not everyone was friends. There was the friction between Hulk and Thor and Iron Man and Ant Man.

It had multiple story arcs already in the first season that could string together the entire season. Loki causing the breakout that lead to the team even forming and Enchantress bringing together the Masters of Evil. Kang the Conqueror three parter that planted the seeds for a second season that also served as stepping stones for Ultron.

Good amount of character development for everyone. It explored and gave us a good insight of the Marvel Universe right from the start.

Great finale that finished a brillant story arc that had been set since the series started and a shocking finale.

Avengers season 1 cons:

Not every story arc can be explored to its full extent unfortunately. Captain America's a man out of time subplot was dropped fast. It is up to the fan if that was a good or not. Hulk and Banner alliance was toned down and not, but again it is good or bad thing depending on the fan.

Maria Hill fellowed the sterotype of by the books to the point of plot induced stupidity. Really, she is going to waste the resources of Shield to stop the Avengers and force them to register now and not stop Hydra and A.I.M first than make them register?

Iron Man was leader no questions asked. I thought it was strange how only Hawkeye questioned his leadership skills. I thought they accepted it a little too fast. I could understand Captain America and Wasp not having problems with Iron Man as leader, but Black Panther seemed to not think highly of Stark in the Wakanda episode and Ant Man's problems he never really questioned his leadership either.

What puts Avenger's first season over JL for me is the story arcs and how the team build up.