"To Steal an Ant-Man" - Official Discussion

MarvelComics1

[1]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 15

Discuss the 4/29/12 episode "To Steal an Ant-Man" here. Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PNest

[2]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 10

Not the episode i expected. i expected wasp to have a bigger role. Still this episode was VERY good. just watched it.
    loved the introduction of

Lucky Cage and Iron Fist!!! =D

scott lang? niice use of the 2nd ant man. yellow jacket must be coming soon cause i know for sure Hank will return to the avengers

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 28

One scene focused on a yellow jacket bee a bit o foreshadowing. Luke Cage and Iron Fist make an appearance in two Marvel shows today, Ultimate Spider-Man (were they are regulr cast members) and the Avengers. It was good to see Hank after the last four episodes. It seems Hank wil be gone for a while longer. The second Ant-Man arrives. What caught my eye most of this episode is how they focused on how things look from Ant-Man's persepctive when he is small itwas the first time they did that.

They really showed how useful shrinking can be. I don't know much about Ant-Man, so I always wondered how his shrinking to such small sizes could fight crime. This episode helped me see how he can fight. It was funny to see a minature Scott kick Cage in his chest and push him backward. I felt bad for Hank though. Ultron deal is really affecting him. Jan feels abadoned after she revealed how much his leaving hurt her and how he kind of rejected her feelings. I have liked all the episodes so far.

edmasterchaos

[4]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 41

One of the best so far.

I like Hank, i like him a lot. There's just something different with him that most superheroes don't get, and this episode just takes it a step further. And that's really a lot of what the episode is about, something different. Heroes for Hire, Scott becoming a superhero, a demonstration of why Ant-man is awesome and Hank's early steps into whatever the hell you call the phase he'll go through while being Yellow Jacket.

Also, Luke's dialog was awesome. Him, Spider-man and Hulk need to make a stand-up routine.

MajLorne

[5]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 21
    I 2nd that idea. Who'd have thought Powerman could be so humorous. Also one of the best part was when the 'jaws' villain tried to chomp on his arm and the teeth broke. When Hank was leaving with his hands in his pockets, it almost resembled Banner's lone walk alone on the old live action Hulk show. All that scene was missing was the piano theme.

Flashheat

[6]May 2, 2012
    • level: 13
    One thing bugs me (lolcwatididthere).

When "Ant-Man" punched Luke Cage over....Hank said the suit has the person retain their normal sized strength and speed.....I kinda doutbt fullsize Scott could have knocked Luke Cage on his ass.

edmasterchaos

[7]May 2, 2012
    • level: 41

Flashheat wrote:
    One thing bugs me (lolcwatididthere). When "Ant-Man" punched Luke Cage over....Hank said the suit has the person retain their normal sized strength and speed.....I kinda doutbt fullsize Scott could have knocked Luke Cage on his ass.
    Gravity and pressure points! Think of it as a pinch with the force and push of a grown man's punch, and said man has been falling the equivalent of a bunch of floors.
    It's super focused and it has an extra kick to it thanks to our friend, gravity.

kanniballl

[8]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 18

edmasterchaos wrote:

Flashheat wrote:
    One thing bugs me (lolcwatididthere). When "Ant-Man" punched Luke Cage over....Hank said the suit has the person retain their normal sized strength and speed.....I kinda doutbt fullsize Scott could have knocked Luke Cage on his ass.
    Gravity and pressure points! Think of it as a pinch with the force and push of a grown man's punch, and said man has been falling the equivalent of a bunch of floors.
    It's super focused and it has an extra kick to it thanks to our friend, gravity.

Actually, take that a step forward. Pressure.

Imagine the force (or kinetic energy) of a punch... all condensed down to something the size of a solid pen-cap.

Seriously, it only takes a couple pounds of pressure to puncture human flesh.

If Ant Man's punch was enough to hurt someone... then the size of his fist would mean that he be punching through skin. And if he hit the skull, I bet it would be enough to fracture it as well.

bluecatcinema

[9]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 61
    That was actually brought up in the Irredeemable Ant-Man series. Eric O'Grady punched a wifebeater in the neck while shrunk, and wound up puncturing his jugular.