Why are good cartoons cancelled?

WicthBalder

[1]Jan 21, 2013
    • level: 4

They cancel this show for a new one just so that they cancapitalizeon the success of the Avengers Movie?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LordGrievous

[2]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 13

Sadly yes.

Unfortunately even if they weren't replacing Avenger:EMH they would still end up cancelling it,I've noticed that cartoons on Disney XD only last 2 seasons, if the Avengers:EMH was on the main channel like Phineas& Ferb and Fish Hooks(which is the only reason fish hooks isn't cancelled yet)I think it would've gotten more seasons as well as the other cartoons on Disney XD.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 28
    Avengers only had 2 seasons, but it had 52 episodes though. Most cartoons end at 52 or 65. Avengers got more episodes than Marvel shows usually get. It is lucky if a Marvel cartoon even gets 26 episodes let alone 52. It sucks it got cancelled with storyline unresolved it at least got better than other Marvel shows.

LordGrievous

[4]Feb 14, 2013

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Avengers only had 2 seasons, but it had 52 episodes though. Most cartoons end at 52 or 65. Avengers got more episodes than Marvel shows usually get. It is lucky if a Marvel cartoon even gets 26 episodes let alone 52. It sucks it got cancelled with storyline unresolved it at least got better than other Marvel shows.

It is sad though that Disney barely aired the second season.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Mar 1, 2013

Well that's not exactly true. They are still currently reshowing season 2 episodes. They aired them quite a bit, just not as much as Ultimate Spider-Man unfortunately.

I was certain the only reason Marvel made this show was to cash in on the Avengers movie that came out last year. I assumed when the movie came out and was a big success that it would ensure another season of EMH, instead it ensured it was canned for another Avengers cartoon that is more like the movie (Yet Ultimate Spider-Man is canned for making a show closer to Amazing Spider-Man movie?). After Ultimate Spider-Man I am a little afraid Marvel Animation is going to go backwards and make more one dimensional cartoons and stop focusing on storylines and character development.

LordGrievous

[6]Mar 2, 2013

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Well that's not exactly true. They are still currently reshowing season 2 episodes. They aired them quite a bit, just not as much as Ultimate Spider-Man unfortunately.

I was certain the only reason Marvel made this show was to cash in on the Avengers movie that came out last year. I assumed when the movie came out and was a big success that it would ensure another season of EMH, instead it ensured it was canned for another Avengers cartoon that is more like the movie (Yet Ultimate Spider-Man is canned for making a show closer to Amazing Spider-Man movie?). After Ultimate Spider-Man I am a little afraid Marvel Animation is going to go backwards and make more one dimensional cartoons and stop focusing on storylines and character development.

What channel are you looking at? I've only see re-airings of A:EMH scheduled about once a week past midnight now.

Disney treats their cartoons (whether Marvel or not) like garbage and seems to rely on the stupid live action shows(the real garbage).

It seems the Avengers movie cameout just in time for Disney to make an excuse to create a new Avengers cartoon andend A:EMH at season 2 (like all XD their cartoons). Now watch when the Avengers 2 movie comes out they'll cancel Avengers assemble for another Avengers or something like it.

After my favorite shows stop airing I'm taking Disney XD off my to watch list because it's just not worth to get into their shows just for Disney to cancel them too soon.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Mar 2, 2013
    Currently they only air on the weekends, but they did show Avengers second season quite a bit before it went into limbo months ago when Marvel Universe block still existed. I wouldn't say they barely showed season 2 though. Disney and a lot of networks for reason like to stop cartoons at 65 episodes or lower 52. Disney has been doing it for decades. It is pretty rare for a cartoon to go beyond 65 here in the states. Avengers had almost no merchandise outside of DVDs. Toys sell. I mean when I was a kid they used to have toys for shows that helped its income and could sway networks to keep cartoons going. Network television sucks for cartoon shows. Unfortunately the era where networks gave chances to cartoons and gave them leeway that lead us to cartoons like Batman the Animated Series, Disney's Gargoyles, and our own A: EMH has ended.

MajLorne

[8]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 21

RaizenYusuke wrote:

you mean spectacular Spider-Man was canned. If they did can ultimate Spider-Man, that would be great! But other than the better animation, yeah I do fear the show will be one dimensional and have too many one off eps without some overreaching arc. It's terrible serious stuff doesn't cut it anymore and execs feel they have to pander to the lowest common denominator just for the ratings and sales. I have no hope for the cartoons anymore. At least we still have the live action movies.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Mar 19, 2013
    MajLorne wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

you mean spectacular Spider-Man was canned. If they did can ultimate Spider-Man, that would be great! But other than the better animation, yeah I do fear the show will be one dimensional and have too many one off eps without some overreaching arc. It's terrible serious stuff doesn't cut it anymore and execs feel they have to pander to the lowest common denominator just for the ratings and sales. I have no hope for the cartoons anymore. At least we still have the live action movies.

Sorry. I meant despite the Amazing Spider-Man movie doing well that Marvel Studios didn't cancel Ultimate Spider-Man to make a new series that resembled the Amazing Spidey movie like they A: EMH for the new Avengers Assemble series coming out. I would think Marvel Studios would want to try and cash in on that success and make a Spider-Man series with a similar setting as the movie. But I guess when Ultimate Spidey hits 52 episodes though they'll can it and make a new series for Spidey, just in time to come out for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

MajLorne

[10]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 21

Well, if they pull the plug on ultimate Spider-Man after 52 eps, I won't be crying for it. I would hope for a full reboot in the vein of spectacular spiderman. Ultimate Spider-Man is totally the opposite of the seriousness of the amazing Spider-Man movie. They can try to make ultimate Spider-Man less slapstick, but the damage is already done. Spider-Man should be solo with occasional team ups. It's what made the 90s show so good.

Edited on 03/23/2013 11:59am