The Avengers

Look- (stop me if you've heard this one) But There Were These Two Fellers...

Aired Unknown Dec 04, 1968 on ITV

• Managers of several buildings are being murdered by strange clowns and nobody knows why. Steed and his partner Tara King are sent to investigate.

Im not a big Tara King fan, but you have to like this fun episode of clowns and weird people. This episode also features John Cleese as the rather strange clown expert that Steed visits. I guess to come down to it, what makes this episode stand out is the wacky characters you meet throughout. The killer clown and his mime partner, the evil punch and judy, fiery frederick and many others are just a few of the ones you will meet. The story is cleverly done, and the characters are well fleshed out. This episode probably has one of the most entertaining fight scenes in any episode of the Avengers. I still dont particulary like Tara King because she is kind of dipsy, but she has some real beauty and likeness in this episode. I prefer Mrs Peel almost everytime but this episode is one of the very few episodes that is worth watching and seeing more than once.