A The Awesomes Community
Hulu (ended 2015)

Hulu announced this morning that it has renewed its original animated comedy The Awesomes for a 10-episode second season. Since the show's debut on August 1, the superhero series from Seth Meyers and Mike Shoemaker has consistently been one of Hulu's most watched series, according to the streaming service. Cory gave it a look-see when if first launched, and said it was a solid, enjoyable series worth checking out. See? We do know what we're talking about over here! Sometimes. Okay, maybe like half the time. 

The first half of the show's two-part finale is available to watch today, with the finale airing September 26. Season 2 is set to feature new supervillains and superheroes, and maybe some lovin', too.

Are you excited about this awesome (oh yeah, I went there) renewal? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/3/2015

Season 3 : Episode 10

17 Comments
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The show keeps getting better every episode. I especially liked the alternate universe episode and the two part finale. Hooray for a season 2!
Flag
I didn't really like the pilot but it has grown on me since then.
Flag
It must be nice to have one's nose buried so deeply up NBC's anus the way Seth Meyers obviously does. Just one of those perks of selling out, folks, you could do it too if you knew (read: "blew") the right people.
Flag
I thought that was Sean Hayes. I tend to get the two confused.

I'm not sure that getting renewed on a low-profile animated cartoon demonstrates one has an in with the powers that be... Maybe if he gets an Emmy nomination for it next time...
Flag
Sean Hayes feels like his connection to NBC is holding him back.

Renewing Awesomes may not have seemed like much, but look at how few projects get picked up for a second run when they're web-only.
Flag
The show has been a steady performer. Pageant was probably the worst episode, the opening two-parter was probably the best. When the show remembers that it's a superhero parody, it seems to work best. Like today when took shot at Christan Bales' "Batman voice."
Flag
I might have to check out a free trial to and give the show a shot. I LOVE the super hero genre, and parodies (if done well) are great.

If they have more exclusive content I might make the plunge and re-sub.
Flag
One of my favorites, from the main villain:

"Wonderful. I'm going to need a Tom Ford suit, some tuna carpaccio, three hookers, and one of those smartphones. A really, really smart phone. Wonderful, let's hop to it. Evil to be done!"
Flag
And of course, if you want to check out the quotes and recaps, you can start here.
Flag
As far as I know of, you can get it on regular Hulu. That's what I've been watching it on every week. I haven't even had to log in, much less pay anything.

Now, maybe the older ones are only on HuluPlus. But today's episode is available, and it looks to me like 5-8 are available as well.
Flag
Sorry, I meant Paternity, not Pageant. Once King Gopher showed up, Pageant was pretty funny.
Flag
I cancelled my Hulu sub last year... at that point there just didn't seem like a need. I recorded most of my current TV content on my DVR's and even the paid Hulu service comes with ads; in fact it seems like it was continuing to grow or add more since I started with them a while back.

Add Netflix to the mix and I'm covered. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE replacing my TV subscription with simply OnDemand offerings from the Internet... but too much of the content I watch isn't available yet without paying extra (like iTunes or Amazon).
Flag
Follow this Show
Members