The Baby Borrowers Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

Poor Babies!

sponge_bob14

[21]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    it is nothing like that Baby sitters tend to like kids and no have to handle them not we mad as soon as the baby wont eat of starts to cry!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TVAddict1987

[22]Jul 3, 2008

sponge_bob14 wrote:
    it is nothing like that Baby sitters tend to like kids and no have to handle them not we mad as soon as the baby wont eat of starts to cry!

I can't even understand what you are saying. All I am saying is that these teens are being watched more carefully than I ever was, and I have been babysitting since I was 12. If these teens truly don't like babies, they should not have taken part of this experiment.

My concern after watching last night's show is that one of the babies had a pillow in his crib! NO WAY SHOULD THAT PILLOW BE THERE!

KP1935

[23]Jul 3, 2008

TVAddict1987 wrote:
    My concern after watching last night's show is that one of the babies had a pillow in his crib! NO WAY SHOULD THAT PILLOW BE THERE!

My wife noticed that, too. For all the supervising 'on-set' that is troubling. I'm not against the show, I think it is a very interesting experience, but it IS just a show. However, a blatant safety hazard like that is unacceptable.

TVAddict1987

[24]Jul 3, 2008
    KP1935 wrote:

TVAddict1987 wrote:

My wife noticed that, too. For all the supervising 'on-set' that is troubling. I'm not against the show, I think it is a very interesting experience, but it IS just a show. However, a blatant safety hazard like that is unacceptable.

I am just shocked that the parents allowed that, unless they put their son to bed with the pillow. Some parents do the craziest things.

Renea55

[25]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    I think its a great idea. Im a young adult myself & find myself wanting kids early in life. This show really brought to my attention the realities of having a baby, it also helped me to realize the financial burden as well as the stress that comes along with being a new parent. I've been around many kids growing up & have involved myself in baby sitting & still have never fully comprehended everything that goes with having a baby. Whether or not young adults watching this show will also come to this conclusion should be interesting. Also while watching the first 2 episodes I questioned the participants capabilities & it seemed unreal to me how clueless they were, one can only sit here & say to themselves, I could do it wayyy better. I like how the couples brought out how this experience can help them to bond with eachother & become closer as partners, thats probably one of the most important aspects of becoming a family. I also was curious about the childrens well being as far as leaving the babies with total stangers, but i feel that if the parents are willing to do that for NBC then what the hell. If they felt that their kids couldn't handle it then they certainly wouldn't have gotten involved in the experience. Its only 5 days. The shows great (:

championking

[26]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 19
    sponge_bob14 wrote:
    This is nothing like that. Baby sitters tend to like kids and know how to handle them, also they don't get mad as soon as the baby wont eat of starts to cry!

FIXED

I disagree though, the kids are a lot more safer than in real life. To have a show like this, NBC knows the kids have to have 24/7 supervision so the baby isn't in any real harm. Also the parents are watching the teens take care of the babies, so if they feel something is wrong in the situation, they can step in to take care of their baby.

Helostwin

[27]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    I think they did not pick typical teens for this. I'm a 17 year old guy with nephews that are 6, 2 & 1. If you've read my blogs for the last 2 years on here you know I babysit them at least once a week, sometimes for the entire weekend. I've watched the younger two since they were born with no real problems. I think I (or most ordinary teens) do a better job than some of these couples. All of the guys except Dayton seemed clueless. Most of the girls were just as bad; one girl didn't even know to wipe the kids butt. I think NBC (even though I saw it on WE) went out of their way to pick the worst teen babysitters that they could find.

TVAddict1987

[28]Jul 11, 2008

Helostwin wrote:
    I think they did not pick typical teens for this. I'm a 17 year old guy with nephews that are 6, 2 & 1. If you've read my blogs for the last 2 years on here you know I babysit them at least once a week, sometimes for the entire weekend. I've watched the younger two since they were born with no real problems. I think I (or most ordinary teens) do a better job than some of these couples. All of the guys except Dayton seemed clueless. Most of the girls were just as bad; one girl didn't even know to wipe the kids butt. I think NBC (even though I saw it on WE) went out of their way to pick the worst teen babysitters that they could find.

I agree.Kudos to you for taking care of your nephews, you are a great uncle I am sure!

maliyaha

[29]Jul 14, 2008
    I have seen the show and that girl Alicia is the worst person on the show and if she treated my baby like she treats the baby on the show, I would come over and beat her down

timberleejoy

[30]Jul 17, 2008

toolatesmart you are right on!!!

I can't believe what the network and the parents are willing to put their babies and especially toddlers through! It absolutely broke my heart to see the little toddler boy crying that he just wanted to go home! at that point I turned the show off and it will not be watched in my home ever again!