The Bachelor Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

the worst show on tv

fairytalefun

[1]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    i'm sure this has been covered previously (hopefully), but i'm here for the first time, haven't read anything; this show i'm sure appeals to those women who loved "officer and a gentleman", and other fantasies where the girl meets the prince and they ride into the sunset; unfortunately, though that may actually happen here, it's the "collateral damage"that is the real story; first, the women;how low does one's self esteem have to be that make you essentially "prostitute" yourself to gain the affections of a guy essentially dating a bunch of women besides you?..these ladies forego all pride to enter a "competition" where all but one will get their ego's shattered, some worse than others, even allowing themselves to "fall in love", knowing full well that the odds are never in their favor that this love will be returned; she says "i'm falling in love"..he says, "you mean that?", with the hoped for "me too" remaining a dream; the last women standing act as if the guy only has eyes for them, apparently in denial over the fact that in a matter of a few days, he will sleep with all of them as part of the "judging" process", kinda like the talent competition in the ms america contest, only more demeaning; and so it goes, the needy, obsessed victims fall deeper into la la land with smooth talk (based on the producer's directives to give the giddy subjects of the ruse just enough to keep their emotions in the addictive state, but never saying too much to rule the others out), and "some version of the truth" vagaries as to reciprocal feelings;another sad part is that most of the women are smart, pretty--no need to reduce themselves to awestruck teens, willing to do ANYTHING to win the affections of casanova; as forthe guy, interesting gig; he gets to date a bunch of pretty women, sleep with the best of the bunch, then break the hearts of the also rans, the sacrificial lambswho's crushed feelings are used one final time to garner the empathies of sympathetic viewers; not to mention the role of the producers here, from heavily editing all interaction/conversation, to focusing on the behaviorof theweakest, mostdamaged losers (good for ratings), to making certain that our batchelor reveals just enough, but not too much; those of us that are oblivious to having our emotions manipulated in such obvious ways, and can overlookthe depressing"pseudo-realities" that we are carefully fed, might actually enjoy this--as for me, i'll wait til the "raw" version appears, where the lovestruck ladies are forced to live in a pen, naked,havefights to the death to eliminate one another,thenthe finale's "fellatiothrowdown contest" determines the big winner.....ji
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 22
    So, if you hate the show so much why did you take all that time to write a really long quote that no one really cares about? If people like the show so what? Is it better to watch shows filled with violence? Get off your high horse...People can watch what they want to watch, and they shouldn't be put down for it

fairytalefun

[3]Nov 19, 2007
    it would have been nice if you had allowed for my opinion without getting so disrespectful/defensive, or made a rational attempt at disputing anything i said, but then again, your of the mentality that thinks it's great..
    .enjoy...

alirk

[4]Nov 20, 2007
    I was simply saying that you have no right to criticize a show that people like. And it makes no sense whatsoever to come on a Bachelor board to criticize the Bachelor.

blondiehsm

[5]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    I totally agree with you. why even go to the forum if yu hate the show so much. it must be a pretty good show because i am only 12 and as you know 12 year olds dont get entertained very easy . but this show i just love it!!!!!

fairytalefun

[6]Nov 20, 2007
    gee, i must have missed the paragraph where it says "only positive comments allowed.."...foolish me, how DARE i criticize such a GREAT show...maybe i should be tarred/feathered....i didn't know the freedom of speech right applied everywhere else in the country but here...as to last nite's joke, the jerk essentially manipulates the emotions of these way too vulnerable/gullible females, sleeps with them, leads them into thinking he ALSO cares, then jobs them both...soon these girls will hopefully realize that a) it's pretty dumb to fall in love on the tv with a guy that's dating other women, and b), that he did you both a FAVORby opting out.....okay, now you cansend out the forum police to arrest me for making suchOUTRAGEOUS comments.....

alirk

[7]Nov 20, 2007
    So you watched it last night? Even though you hate it so much? )

EJamison

[8]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 17
    blondiehsm wrote:
    i am only 12
    Are you using someone else's id? If so, that's not allowed. If you are using your own id, then you must have lied about your age because you have to be 14 to get on this site, unless they've changed the rules.

To everyone: I am of the opinion that someone has the right to express their negative opinion of any show even if it seems odd to everyone else. Fans should not need to be protected from negative opinions. And if a fan can't tolerate reading negative things about the show, they should certainly not enter a thread whose title makes it clear that they will find negativity there.

fairytalefun

[9]Nov 20, 2007
    well said...thanks..i watched the show as i'm fascinated as to how manipulative it i
    s...

alirk

[10]Nov 21, 2007
    Pretty lame excuse for watching "the worst show on tv"

fairytalefun

[11]Nov 21, 2007
    my reasons for watching it are irrevelant; what i observed/shared, is more the point; viewers are so taken up with "how dare he criticize my show?", that they lose all ability to consider/evaluate the points made; as to last nite's debacle, the real question is, why are these lovely girls' self-esteems so low that they still are "hoping" this guy is gonna have some change of heart, after he essentially jobbed them?..they wonderin disbelief why he said what he did to obviously lead them on--do they not realize that the show's producers had a hand in that??...the bottom line was the jerk wasn't that into them, but made it APPEAR he was, for the sake of the show; that's why when hetries to express a thought, it's just contradictory babble.....as for the last 2 ladies, the guy did u a FAVOR....stop pining, consider it HIS loss, seek counseling for low self esteem, move on...

alirk

[12]Nov 21, 2007
    Just saying it's very stupid to come on the Bachelor board and complain about how dumb the show is. Pretty pointless if you ask me

EJamison

[13]Nov 21, 2007
    • level: 17
    alirk wrote:
    Just saying it's very stupid to come on the Bachelor board and complain about how dumb the show is. Pretty pointless if you ask me
    The point is that this is The Bachelor board. It is NOT the Bachelor Fan Club. If the opinion is sincere he or she has a right to express it. However, criticizing someone for expressing their opinion is what is pointless. It is not necessary for you to see the point. Fairytale explained the reason for posting. Why do you feel the need to criticize it? Think about that. Get in touch with that feeling. When you understand your own need to criticize then you will understand Fairytalefun.

fairytalefun

[14]Nov 23, 2007
    well said--if one doesn't like/understand the message, he/she tends to blame the messenger and remain in denial as to the obvious "realities" brought to light; most people don't understand that the only "reality" of these shows is that they're not very real at all, instead a hyped up product of orchestrated manipulations of the show's producers, that gullible viewers buy into.....