The Bachelor

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 25, 2002 In Season

javnah

The Bachelor Fan Reviews (94)

5.3
  • Yucky Nick

I'm giving this show a bad rating. Nick is a stalker, showing up on someone else's time is a nasty move. With ABC trying to make him likable all of a sudden didn't work for me, which means I stood by my conviction and didn't watch Dancing With The Stars. Didn't watch DWTS the season before with Ryan Locte, apparently ABC rewards asshole behaviors. What Locte did during the Olympics was an embarrassment.

Which brings me to my decision to forego the next bachelorette. Apparently the creator of the show was strong-armed into the diversity campaign.

Watched since 2001, I was loyal! Make it political and I'm outta there.....
  • The Bachelor 2017

This show is getting worse and worse ever season. Girls are getting more slutty and now they are getting political and announced what was going to happen in this last episode before it showed on TV , why ? so they can tap into a more diverse viewers out there. Really?! what a complete joke. I will not continue watching this show base on the word "diversity " why can't we just enjoy a show with out getting Political ! Its just a dam TV show . If you dont like it change the channel
  • Do they know?!

Does Nick know what Corrine even wants? It's crucial at this point to talk about what this girl wants for her life and why she likes him... To be put on the spot like that really brings out some good colors! But boy, that booty is a game changer. But srsly, let's get real!
  • Way too scripted, all for ratings

Just like when Ben kept Lacey on, when it was clearly time for her to go (and he looked totally disgusted by her), now JoJo keeps Chad on and it's clear that it's all for ratings! Nothing natural about this, far cry from the Ryan and Trista sad that the producers decided they had to revert to scripts on a so called reality show. Fabricated Drama, just tune in to Y & R or GH. They've ruined this show.
  • Expecting?

Is Lauren B pregnant? Sure looks she has a baby bump going on AND has anyone noticed how she "waddles"?
  • robot

What is the attraction to this bachelor?$ He's like a robot .Strange.

Hey Girls ..... be careful what you wish for.
  • Poor Ben!

Unbelievable that these women are more concerned about their time with Ben than his sharing of his loss this evening. AND they are so judgmental of Jubilee when she is giving him a massage because of his situation. Poor Ben!! I wish him hope he has his head on straight. am ready to stop watching when these women are only concerned about themselves. Yucko
  • more!

derivative shit
  • Please ditch the villians!

I really really hate the fact that they feature an obligatory villian every season. It was an interesting twist the first time (Trish)-- but that should have been the only time, and yet they do this every season. It is boring, it is contrived, and it destroys the show's integrity, causing it to appear suspiciously FAKE. Do you recall how they kept mentioning Tierra's EYEBROW? I could not believe they devoted a split-second of airtime to such nonsense! Please spare us the villainous family members also( Desiree's brother). Charlie O'Connell was a terrible Bachelor. I wish I had kept count of how many times he said the phrase "having fun" every episode! He acted goofy, silly, immature-- very very unappealing. The venues he chose for dates were so boring-- like forays into neighborhood bars. He also got vulgar talking about bodily functions. Some seasons are much better than others, depending largely on the charisma of the Bachelor at the time.
  • Pet Peeve

After watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette over the years, I simply must express my disgust with a typical behavior which has become so noticeable this season that I can no longer "let it go".

When a person cries and wipes her nose with her bare hand, it is disgusting enough without then wiping her hand through her hair or wiping their tears from their eyes with nasty hands.

What is wrong with these young women that they have such habits?

Surely, if these people can afford the cost of the gowns, accessories an other expenses, they could afford a box of tissues to have handy!

It's terrible hygiene. This pet peeve is secondary to the "slobber swapping" that goes on. Good heavens! Have these women NO PRIDE at all? Does anyone think this is acceptable? Could someone PLEASE clean up this program and do some teaching about health habits for the cast?
  • Beware!! Fake manipulative show!!!

Note that there are 18 finished seasons so far. Many of the seasons couple ends up breaking up within several weeks (at least 3 season couples do), and many others breaking up within a year. Know why? It's fake and not real as they try to make it seems so.

On March 26, 2009, Megan Parris says that not only is the show scripted, but the producers even bullied the contestants into saying stuff to the camera that they did not want to say. I quote from her,"They basically will call you names, berate you, curse at you until they get you to say what they want you to Both ABC and Warner the studio that produces The Bachelor, had no comment.

On March 15, 2010, creator Mike Fleiss appeared on 20/20 and said that he developed contestants into characters that will cater to his audience's tastes and that they "need fair share of villains every Fleiss has come under fire for admitting that The Bachelor has less to do with reality than it does making good television.

Just do your research and you'll find more facts given to you. During the "tell all" episodes, they would coach the girls into expressing fake emotions and say certain things that they did not want to say/do as well. Not fair to the girls with real tragic background stories of divorce, widows, abuse, etc. and exploiting them for more views and leaving them scarred for life or traumatized as they let down their walls to be crushed and kicked off the show.
  • THE BACHELOR

PLEASE Chris Harrison's suits are perfect - they fit him. The bachelors however look as if they have outgrown their suits or cannot afford to buy one! The jackets are too short & too tight - both Juan Pablo & Josh Murray. What is the problem? Seriously
  • The Bachelor: 18 Seasons in Search of Love

Who remembers the last 18 seasons of The Bachelor? In case you've forgotten, here's a visualization of the winners, runner-ups, and the results:

532837f6e4b0b1ce3a66e1da
  • JP Jerk

Never found why this guy was attractive and why everyone was so enamored with him as being The Bachelor in the first place. Glad I didn't tune in to watch his season, only snippets when he was with Sherleen. Guys a creeper, hypocrite, and jerk. He should own up to his jerkiness, not act like I don't kiss because I have a daughter but then sucks on the other girls faces. Best Bachelor was Sean L.
  • Hometown Visit and beyond

I'm not sure who reads these, producers, or Jaun himself or an assistant. I have watched every episode and my personal opinion is Renee and her son are beyond the best pick there is nothing fake about her or her circumstances and they seem to accept you and Camilla into their family, please make the right choice.
  • viet nam

how dare you show a show going to viet HAVE INSULTED ALL MY BROTHERS IN WAR, WITH THAT PUNK ASS IN VIET NAM. MY DAUGHTER WAS IN AW, OF ALL THE PLACES YOU COULD HAVE GONE TO, YOU DID A SHOW IN THE NAM....... FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHOW
  • YOU REALLY MESSED UP JUAN PABLO!

I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU, Jaun Pablo, re your sexual episode with Claire and the way you handled it with her afterwards. If you were really so concerned about Camilla & have such great morals when it comes to her --!-- you should have told Claire "No" and that you were too concerned about Camilla seeing the episode on TV --- (exactly the way you explained it to Claire You are a real "CAD" in my book and not so much the sweet guy you portray yourself to be. You made Claire feel absolutely awful -- when it was ALL YOUR FAULT to start with for going through with it,. Your comment that you didn't want to hurt Claire and inhibit her expression of freedom is a bunch of Bullshit and doesn't hold water with me and I suspect with more viewers than you can count. --- when all you had to do was say "No" and give her the same explanation you gave her afterwards!
  • Can You Speak English?

I can't get over that this bachelor always has his parents on the show showing that they are his support and at the same time allowing him quality time with his daughter. Juan is a very shallow and the girls on the show are not any better. I'm so sorry to see young women who are so desparate to be on this show.
  • Got Mannequins?

One of the most Boring shows ever. No Real people on it. Just a Bunch of living Mannequins trying to get e Rose from what I've seen, Everyone on it is very Shallow just like Mannequins.
  • Returning to The Bachelor 2014 for Lily Sparks' per episode commentary

Hell to the yeah! She's the best thing that ever happened to this "reality" TV show.
  • Why are there never any black men on this show....

This show airs season after season and I have never yet seen a BLACK man on this show. Did I miss it.

A lot of white ladies with one BLACK lady thrown in there from time to time. I think it's awlful. So again, I ask "Where is a BLACK man" Why doesn't he ever get an opportunity". A question that I am sure people wonder about but never have the guts to ask. Come on now this is 2014. I am talking to all f the producers of this show .I anxiously wait for a response.
  • Drama

Really know its reality TV, but the new twist should see how these girls act around each is who they truely are.... Then he could call them out on it and see how she faces up to know....

Like she cried and then he said to wait a minute while he walked off and got the was just these kind of stuff keeps up, I may not finish waching it....

Get a .... really..
  • Horror show.

Use to watch but now it is just plan stupid. Also no one stays together anymore so whats the point.
  • the bachelor - Jake

australia is so behind in the bachelor and its 2012... u america has already seen it i wish we werent so far behind in tv shows and the season we are up to is the women tell all and then its the season finale but i hope Jake picks the right woman for him i was sad when ali left
  • This is my favorite show lately

Even my husband can't help watching. Through the ages people have fallen in love with love stories- some romantic, some sordid, some more sordid. If you enjoy Greek tragedies, Shakespearean tragedy and comedy, or a Renaissance Romance, do not be ashamed to watch The Bachelor. Sure it's partially staged and you don't want to idolize the contestants or take it too seriously, it's just plain fun to watch. The definition of entertainment. We love it.
  • clarabell

don't think lesbians should be on a bachelor episode. worst season so far - all the crying - going skinny dipping when you hardly know someone. don't know if I will continue through the season
  • Anyone could think they are "in love" in glamorous surroundings! Try ordinary& no kissing rules!

I find it an insult to lasting, healthy love to watch a show based on flying people to exotic, exciting locations,given comfort and catering. As anyone within any healthy relationship will tell you, it's easy to "feel love" (as in romantic excitement)while cruising the world without a worry, without spending your own dime for it. Being free to THINK kissing every other person, every other minute, is ok and moral, and/or good for the beginning of a relationship based on truth, trust and genuine caring, is ludicrous! Imagine if those seekers were not allowed the physical kissing, touching until choosing one to "date", get to know more intimately. Perhaps they would then look at ACTUAL values and REAL behavior which would outlast and outlive that initial physical attraction. Imagine if the "dates" were ordinary, possibly having bad table service, long lines, cheap meals, and even canceled. Do you think the REAL people would show up and discover what to appreciate and what would become a problem? The genuine core people might get to base longer term commitment on actual values matching rather than their excitement level and play appreciation! While sometimes fun to watch people try to be real while televised to millions, it can also be sad to witness inappropriate behavior and jockeying to "win" the "prize". People aren't prizes, aren't property, yet this show tends to lead people into ego posturing and competition. Love cannot grow from a competition, and few people are confident enough to not lead with their ego in such situations.
  • Week 6 When Ali leaves to go back home for her job Jake is still playing the game....

I was beginning to like the show until week 6 when Jake met the four familes of the women he wants to potentially marry. Ali tearfully tells him she will have to leave to go home to her job. Jake cant even tell her she IS the one. That's what she wanted to hear. Instead we hear him telling the camera he loves all of them and he has connected with each and every gal left. Ok, obviously he likes something about each woman but hasnt really found the ONE or he wouldnt be so hesitant. When you find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with YOU know. The dating sites arent much different than what he is doing here. I realise this is a game but seriously these are emotions you are playing with and I think Ali made the right decision. She was smart. Jake, you arent. Sorry. The ones you have to choose that are left... good luck. They may have some nice qualities but this is your future. After the game is over you may think straight.
  • Disappointment

Bachelor/Bachelorette always rates a 10 for me, as it's my favorite show, BUT I think a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves for the Jason ending! How can you do that to someone - poor Melissa! A week ago I saw Jason & Molly on an episode of Bachelorette, and they really don't seem to care at all what they did! Shame, Shame! Fortunately for Melissa, I also heard that she is now engaged! I'm sure it's someone much more deserving of her than Jason! You go girl! In hindsight I think Jason & Molly deserve each other - as they both seem quite naive and a bit "geeky".
  • I can't believe...

The look on Jason's face when he sent Molly home said something. Maybe this was in his plan all along....well maybe not his plan, but the situation for which he "signed up". Sure made for ratings! All along we were led to believe Melissa was the one who had really captured his heart. He always seemed to favor her. I can't believe that six weeks later he's all of a sudden so "in love" with Molly. Breaking Melissa's heart for ratings?! Jason should truly be ashamed of himself, as should the show's producers. Melissa....you can do Soooo much better than Jason. Best of luck to you with the dancing gig!
< 1 2 3 4