The Bachelorette

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jan 08, 2003 In Season

javnah

The Bachelorette Fan Reviews (46)

5.4
  • Mediocre. Worse season ever

She is a tacky unprofessional candidate for a group of pretty awesome professional men. Can't think anyone on this show would seriously consider her a catch.
  • Trainwreck

The funniest part of last night's show was the way Kaitlyn went from a sobbing wreck to lighting up like a light bulb when she was told she doesn't have to wait two more weeks for those intimate overnights but can get right to it. HAA!!! Did you see that? It was like telling a kid they can't have candy and then pulling a big sucker from behind your back. This show is the worst ever and I believe that the franchise knows it. She has been so intent with her thoughts that you have to click in intimacy that she has forgotten step one to decide if you even like them enough to get to step 2. Her focus has been on making out instead of getting to know people. Even the franchise knows she is not ready for hometowns even though, by this point, every bachelor and bachelorette before her have been. She is so off course, they should just let her ride into her sunset. The show last night was a total downer with everybody crying and no enjoying at any part of the whole 2 hour episode. Bad choice for a bachelorette! Bad bad bad. Oh, the other funny line of the show by the guy crying at the end ... "my mother would be so proud of a daughter in law like her" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! You might change your tune when you watch the show. Not likely.
  • Great Programme

Bachelorette visited Ireland in April 2015. Drivers paid as little as $2 per hour. Should have went to Cuba where these sort of wages are more acceptable. You won't be forgot in Co Kerry Ireland for all the wrong reasons.
  • The absolute worst ever...

Kaitlyn is the worst bachelorette ever. Never have more guys left the show on their own. I wanted her in the beginning but she is so stupid. She gets played all over the place. Considering letting Nick on the show after she saw what a douche he was shows how base she is. She had macho men does that? She wants someone to protect her, how many times has she said that? All the guys should go home. Very telling that on the first night, they all saw she kissed all of them. This chick has absolutely no brain. If you believe the tabloids and she sleeps with someone before the fantasy suites, then who wants a dirty leg? She deserves gay is making it so I don't even want to watch the series anymore. Nick is playing her after Clint and JJ just hope they all LEAVE !!
  • the bachelorette

This is NOOOOOO doubt the most pitiful,boring,dramatic,abs slutty, espisode. She's got NOOOOOO morals and is using and hurting the guys she should be getting closer to. Please stop. I don't even care if she finds love. Those guys deserve better. Enuff said.

Trista and Ryan got. Me hooked. And every episode after was good, but lately,it's all about status,,,very sad. sure, one of them wants love, but the other wants fame or money. It's time to stop. OR. Put some average people on the show for a change. !
  • Hey ABC, Kaitlyn is embarrASSing

I'll watch the remainder of this season, but only in hopes that Kaitlyn experiences true karma and, just maybe, all the remaining bachelors just get up one day and walk out of the house. Kaitlyn criticizes Ian for calling her out. Guess the truth hurts. Then, like little puppy dogs, the boys come to her rescue. Listen, when she brought Nick into the house, she clearly was screaming to the other guys that she's absolutely, 100% NOT convinced that her future husband is in the house. SHE'S there for the wrong reasons and should be sent home. It's disappointing to watch her try and claim her 5 minutes of fame at the expense of some of the other guys who actually want to find love. I hope next season weeds out the fakes and the phonies....
  • What a Tramp !!

This girl makes me sick. She should be ashamed of herself. That one guy got is right on, she is sooooo shallow. Her and Nick deserve each other. This show went to far this time. This girl is publicly making herself look like trash. This is not a show about love. This girl just wants to be on TV. No one goes on TV and dates 25 guys, hangs all over them, lies to them, and then marries one of them. I would be very disappointed if my son went on a show like this and brought someone one home like this to marry. Shame on you Kaitlyn, you have NO class.
  • Cancel this show!

I am a very open minded person and not a lot shocks me but this girl is a tramp! I think this season has probably the nicest group of guys that have been on and you put HER in the mix. What were you thinking ABC??? I heard her say in an interview that she hopes what she did gives women the power to follow their heart! Gag me. I just hope these guys realize they should be thankful that dirt bag Nick came back and saved them from this crazy tramp. No decent human being would slap these guys in the face by disrespecting them knowing it was all televised. Please don't make people go through a final rose anything! Pull the plug! im done. Put girls like her on the Bachelor Pad, not as a Bacholorette.
  • SHOW PRODUCERS TAKE NOTE YOU ARE RUINING A GREAT SHOW

I too am so disappointed in my favorite show. the start, having 2 women treated like animals being 2 men showing inappropriate actions toward each other, the producers should have removed both of them and then allowing Nick on the show and then to be so low to make a joke out of death, I recently lost my father, I did not find this funny at then to allowing the bachelorette to act so inappropriate by taking this man to get screwed and not leaving anything to the have to hear that take this as a slap in the viewers do not like filth, we do not appreciate your choice of a some new faces, these camera hogs have stolen enough from the show. And I can only hope that this sickening girl gets the final rose soon/ She is disgusting and I hope none of these truly nice guys get mixed up with the likes of her. We didn't like her from the other season, taking off her clothes on ABC slut doesn't always back our loved need all this love romeo and Juliet ... not deep throat.
  • Kaitlyn &Nick

2.5
    Really disappointed. If they had a connection before the show, they should have explored it before she accepted the role of Bachlorette. They could have "found love " on the Bachelor Pad or Paridise. Instead, we are watching a dismal outcome for decent and genuine guys.
  • No Longer A Watcher - Cancel Show

I have been watching the bachelor/bachelorette since the beginning but after last weeks show I will no longer watch. Kaitlyn is a disgusting bachelorette. She is a slut with no morals and attacks the sensibilities of normal moral people. It is not a show this season that families can watch. This season is dragging the show through the mud and filth of the bachelorette and shame on you ABC for allowing this to continue to go on. ABC needs to put a halt to it right now and tell the public due to unforeseen moral issues with the bachelorette the show this season is being cancelled. This will establish honor back to ABC or is it RATINGS(WHICH YOU WILL BE LOSING) that will be the benchmark.
  • Horrible Bachelorette

Kaitlyn is the worst bachelorette ever. All she does is cry and play games. I agree all the way with Ian's comment. I think Ian actually held back a lot of what he planned to say. I agree that she is superficial and she is just not that bright. I was all about Kaitlyn at beginning but her bullshit has just got to go.
  • TRAMP TV!

I have been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette programs for years but tonight I would rather clean toilets than watch K-Tramp take this series to the gutter where she dwells. Shame on ABC, Jimmy Kimmel and Good Morning America for unsuccessfully trying to turn this slut into some kind of pathetic celebrity. Her 2 minutes of fame will have lasted longer than any hope of having a meaningful relationship or, God forbid, marriage in the future. Any man worth anything would never take this tramp for a wife. Shame shame shame.
  • Worst Bachelorette ever

She is so all over the place she can't get it right worse Bachelorette ever

Many people don't even want to watch the show because of her
  • Worst season ever, show is grasping for ideas and failing to provide a good season!

Kaitlin is the worst bachelorette ever, the show is ridiculous. I have been a fan and watched every show of every season and this is worse than Juan Pablo . To make out in a Church and then see Kaitlin and Nick go back to her room to hear what is taking place is very tacky! Nick is such a slime ball and the whole process in which you allowed him to return is not fair. It's like you all are grasping for ideas having 2 girls compete for the show and then allowing people to make there own rules is really sad . A great show has taken a turn downward. I hope the show gets it's act together!
  • the sleeze show

I am done with the nick and Caitlyn show. Not fair for the other guys.
  • Sleezy

3.5
    I have been a Bachelor and Bachelorette fan since it began. I hated the season with Juan Pablo. This season of the Bachelorette is as disgusting as Juan Pablo's season. Maybe they should get together! Neither of them want a relationship. I was so proud of Ian when he told her how shallow she was. Somebody needed to put her in her place. She also creates drama and problems between the men and just sits back and watches the fireworks. The directors of this show need to be careful and get this show back on track or they will lose viewers. I have an idea. Get some fresh contestants and quit trying to pick a fan favorite to be the new contestant. I'm not sure she was the fan favorite either. Many of them are just wanting it to promote themselves and not find love.
  • Episode 4 -- Kaitlyn "Meets" Nick

Thank you Lauren Weigle (Heavy dot com) for exposing the truth about Kaitlyn Bristowe. I have no interest or desire to watch the show any more. Evidently, she is dishonest; she is emotionally-manipulative; she has no morals; and she is a total tramp.

If I were a contestant, I would not trust her; I would not waste my time or energy; and I would leave the show immediately. How ironic that she ends up as a conflicted, confused, and unhappy single woman.
  • Kick Nick to the curb, not the guys!

Kaitlyn is a drama queen. She says she does not want drama but she creates it. I cannot even believe she would consider bringing Nick into the picture. This tells me she cannot be serious about the whole process and really is not looking for a husband but just wants to have a good time. There are alot of good guys on the show and she just kicks the to the curb. Worst season ever but, is okay if you know what I mean!!
  • Big joke !

I can't believe the phoney girl Kaitlyn if you could view yourself you would say what the heck! The giving our of roses please! Every time in the rose ceremony she is total reading a tag on the rose so staged! And this last episode - is this fear factor or the bachelorette? And then teaching children sex education?? Really Just saying, I want it know what happened more with Brit and her man honestly!
  • The WORST yet!

1.5
    This has to be the worst bachelorette ever! Kaitlyn is one sick, twisted freak! She needs to be sent home and back to white trash land where she came from. Her sense of humor is rather disgusting and it totally crossed the line this week when she sent the guys to teach sex education to a bunch of little kids who were said to have been actors. It was uncomfortable to watch and I was appauled Chris Harrison would allow this type of date to be planned. It was humiliating for the guys but down right disgusting to watch. Kaityn needs her head examined to think this was funny. Also her idea of these violent dates being funny is absurd! It's also very disturbing that her idea of a fun date is turning the guys loose on each other like wild animals and watching them beat the crap out of each other. I'm sure they didn't sign up to end up in the ER or with concussions and black eyes. Kaitlyn even went as far as to make a comment that one of the guys looked sexier with the black eye and she might punch him again so the black eye didn't heal.

What is wrong with this girl? She is not attractive and her disgusting sense of humor makes her even uglier. Also, the two guys acting gay is pretty hokie. Nice way to boost ratings but its been uncovered that this was just a promo that the show went with. It was definitely the lowest the show has sank and I won't be watchig the rest of this season. Britt may have been a cry baby but she was a good hearted person and would have enjoyed getting to know these guys on actual dates. She was also so much easier on the eyes unlike crazy Kaitlyn! I hope all she ends up with no one like she deserves!
  • Wrong to drop either girl again!Cant watch this year now.

I was excited to see both both deserved was not right the way they thought they had a chance at love to get dropped way they voted one off Spoiled the entire season for it started off with Kaitlin I would have accepted it & watched way Britt went home made me delete it on my dvr for the will be the first season i'm not watching hope it was worth it ABC how you did this hope more boycott it this season.
  • Dumb show

Why do we have shows like this?
  • Bachelorette is boring now

3.5
    This lastest Bachelorette andi is not very interesting I am starting to feel like this show is just turning into who wants to be the next actor or actress when you first started it was real good with real people who where really looking for they soulmates I have really lost interest in watching it.
  • Andi is a horror show

I am a fan of the franchise, but I have to say if they don't start putting REAL people on the show instead of wanna be actresses our group of fans is done. It's been down hill since Deanna!! She was bad but Alli and Andi take the cake! They are obviously in it for the fame and both will never make it! YUCK! Get real Bachelorette! Literally !!

Like it very much... <3
  • That Diary...

I was in shock when Des opened that diary and read the inscription. My name is Cara and I have never met my father, so reading those words brought tears to my eyes. Had to share that emotion
  • CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH DES

DES , YOU WERE MY FAVORITE ON THE BACHELOR, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON , I AM SO EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU HANDLE THESE MEN , YOU GO GIRL I AM ROUTING FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU FIND LOVE GIRL YOU DESEVER IT ......... 9.5
  • Why not canceled?

Why watch anymore.
  • Till Death Do Us Part, or Till the Cameras Stop Rolling

As a big fan of The Bachelorette, I find this show very entertaining. Others find it dumb, shallow, and not worth their time.

Despite being dramatized by numerous episodes, the process for the bachelorette to choose her spouse seems very brief and random. Although the show does not tell us exactly how much time each contestant spends with the bachelorette, it is likely too short for a marriage partner to be chosen. People likely spend more time choosing their doctor. Not every contestant spends the same amount of time with the bachelorette, giving some of the men unfair advantages. If it is true that the national divorce rate is 50%, then it seems that this show would only worsen the odds of a couple staying together.

Superficial is a good adjective to describe the relationships on this show. One of the first things a viewer will notice about The Bachelorette is that all the contestants are attractive. This is typical Hollywood and part of what makes the show fun to watch. The setting for this show varies and is often very unrealistic. No one I know would go on a second date to the city of London. And on these magnificent dates, most of the contestants say something along the lines of "I could see us having a future together" or "I think I am falling for you." This dialogue seems to be very fake and possibly scripted.

There are at least one and possibly two script writers for The Bachelorette. Although it is not clear how much of it actually is scripted, one has to wonder if this truly is a reality show. On the official ABC Bachelorette website, bloggers debate in great detail over whether the show is scripted. Some suggest that only certain lines and characters are scripted, while others call the whole show manufactured.

How realistic is it that one of the contestants (Sean) ran into the streets of Prague yelling out for Emily. And, of all the times Emily cried, there were only a few during which she produced actual tears.

This show is appealing to viewers of all ages and backgrounds. I often watch episodes with my 63 year old neighbor who is a registered nurse. Perhaps this show is a fun escape from boring middle-class lifestyles, or maybe it is a way to experience romance in a way that never happened for many people. Being a beautiful person who visits beautiful places on a romantic journey is like something straight out of a fairytale.

Being in front of a camera can change the way people act. These contestants are able to show us their best appearances and behavior. The bachelorette does not get a chance to see them when they first get out of bed in the morning, and never has to step over their dirty laundry. More importantly, she never sees them in any bad situations and how they would react to them. These things make it harder to view The Bachelorette as a "reality" show.

Some of the scenarios on the show are just too unrealistic to believe. On the episode aired on July 2nd, the bachelorette met each of the four remaining contestant's families. Three out of the four families seemed fairly typical. On the fourth visit, the contestant revealed his big secret: he still lived with his family. As viewers took a tour of his bedroom, they and the bachelorette were shocked to find clothes everywhere, crumbs on tables, and stuffed animals throughout the room. Most people clean up before any guests arrive, not to mention if they are with a camera crew. Interestingly, that contestant was eliminated on the next episode.

Some of the contestants come on the show hoping to find fame and fortune for themselves. One man stated that if he was not chosen by the bachelorette, he might at least be considered for other shows. The Bachelorette hopefully does not choose individuals who only come on the show with the intention of making it big in Hollywood. Additionally, past contestants have claimed that their reason for joining the show was future opportunities in modeling or acting.

A controversial topic brought up on this blog refers to children being on the show. I agree with PamSmith7's post that Emily should not have been able to bring Ricky on The Bachelorette. Emily received special treatment, which should not have been allowed. Children should not be subjected to meeting adults who may not remain in their lives, and who will obviously try to win them over in various ways.

Despite its faults as a matchmaking process, The Bachelorette is both enchanting and comical to watch. It appeals to that little boy or girl in many of us who wants a fairytale romance with the perfect mate. Although it would not be recommended as a way to choose that person, this show definitely provides entertainment. As for me, I have The Bachelorette recording every Monday night, so I won't miss a single episode.

< 1 2