The Bachelorette

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jan 08, 2003 In Season

javnah

The Bachelorette Fan Reviews (77)

5.1
  • TRAMP TV!

I have been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette programs for years but tonight I would rather clean toilets than watch K-Tramp take this series to the gutter where she dwells. Shame on ABC, Jimmy Kimmel and Good Morning America for unsuccessfully trying to turn this slut into some kind of pathetic celebrity. Her 2 minutes of fame will have lasted longer than any hope of having a meaningful relationship or, God forbid, marriage in the future. Any man worth anything would never take this tramp for a wife. Shame shame shame.

Like it very much... <3
  • That Diary...

I was in shock when Des opened that diary and read the inscription. My name is Cara and I have never met my father, so reading those words brought tears to my eyes. Had to share that emotion
  • The Bachelorette Season Premier: A Review The Gentleman's Journey to Love (and Lemons)

"I'll have a hair cut, a side order of crab dip and a virgin, please!"

While these may not be ordinary choices for you and I, they are exactly what DeAnna Pappas, this season's bachelorette on the ABC reality series 'The Bachelorette' was served up last night during the season's premier episode.

Surprisingly, just like 'The Bachelor', one could see circles of men huddled in a corner whispering about DeAnna like junior high girls talking about Brad Pitt in gym class. I wonder if these men were sent to sensitivity class before taping?

Yes, Spero saved the day, and DeAnna's nipples from freezing over by wrapping a coat around her after someone else suggested it but if you really want to know who will protect DeAnna from harm, I would imagine she would be safe with Jesse as he would, "Kick you in the balls five times" if anything went wrong.

From one gentleman, Chris, who cheated only one time but feels really, really bad about it to Donato, who spoke of Ron as giving DeAnna crabs, it made one wonder if there was a normal guy in the lot of them.

Yet in the beginning montage of all 25 gentlemen leaving home to pursue one woman, we get a tender glimpse between Jason and his six year-old son as he has to tell him goodbye for six weeks and Richard, whose genuine kindness and boyish blush made me believe in chivalry all over again.

Pre-season favorites didn't disappoint as one could almost feel the natural heat circulate during an outside conversation between Graham and DeAnna and Jeremy, a real estate attorney from Dallas, offered up a look of genuine surprise as he received the very first, first impression rose.

Romance is alive and well and filmed for your viewing pleasure this season as one could attest to by the several kisses between DeAnna and a few of the bachelors shown during the upcoming season's previews. But I'm betting the real shenanigans will come from those fun-loving guys just trying to get a little attention from Greek-beauty Pappas. I mean, what would the show be like without a lemon-kicking karate kid or a DeAnna-labeled underwear chump who bared all - or at least most - in freezing temperatures?

It's almost enough to make you forget, at the end of the show, might there not only be one...but two who get down on bended knee?

Of course, this isn't counting anyone Jesse may make buckle under if he does indeed try to drop-kick someone due to ill-behavior.

Written by: Kimberly Gigstad © 2008
  • Rachel is a Beautiful Woman, but Who did her makeup?

When Rachel and Eric sat down to dinner before their overnight, Rachel's makeup was Hideous, blue eye shadow w/pink lipstick and pink blush. What is the name of the makeup artist that let her walk out looking like that! their ass should be thrown in the HALL OF SHAME !
  • CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH DES

DES , YOU WERE MY FAVORITE ON THE BACHELOR, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON , I AM SO EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU HANDLE THESE MEN , YOU GO GIRL I AM ROUTING FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU FIND LOVE GIRL YOU DESEVER IT ......... 9.5
  • Unique things of Bachelorette

The Bachelorette gives opportunity to everyone to find his/her love. It provides the few tasks which help to judge your partner's loyalty, trust and at what level they can sacrifices for you. I think this the only show who make strong bond with people.
  • The Bachelorette blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

The Bachelorette blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.
  • He is sweet/down to earth. I believe his priorities are set & is ready settle down. I thought he was so adorably cute. I know what he is going through,I am a single mother of a two year old. It is hard now days to find a sole mate. Good luck Jason!!!

I really think she should have chosen Jason. I am afraid that Jesse will not be ready to settle down anytime soon, I am afraid he was putting on a show for her. I believe that she was afraid of the pre made family with Jason. He already has a good job, a cute little boy at home, and I believe he really is ready to settle down. I know it is hard now days to find your soul mate. I really hope that Jesse meant everything he said on the show and that the two really do make it work.
  • The next bachelor?

I totally think that the next bachelor should be Jake from The Bachelorette! She thought he was "too perfect" and sent him home - Honey, that's what the rest of us are looking for! What's wrong with "perfect"? Most of us never find it! And he is just so sweet and adorable! The first thing I said when she sent him home was "he should be the next bachelor". Then last week it was suggested on "The Men Tell All" show, and he said he'd be honored. So I sure hope they ask him to be. I for one, would not miss an episode. (Though I usually don't anyway.)And I think any woman who gets him is going to be SOooooo lucky!
  • Picked the Best Man

I am so glad JoJo picked Jordan over Robby. Robby is too serious and seems really boring and dull to me. Jordan is fun and playful. I married a very handsome man that was very serious and went on, and on, and on, when talking. I was miserable and now happily divorced. Their personalities would have never been worked.
  • Till Death Do Us Part, or Till the Cameras Stop Rolling

As a big fan of The Bachelorette, I find this show very entertaining. Others find it dumb, shallow, and not worth their time.

Despite being dramatized by numerous episodes, the process for the bachelorette to choose her spouse seems very brief and random. Although the show does not tell us exactly how much time each contestant spends with the bachelorette, it is likely too short for a marriage partner to be chosen. People likely spend more time choosing their doctor. Not every contestant spends the same amount of time with the bachelorette, giving some of the men unfair advantages. If it is true that the national divorce rate is 50%, then it seems that this show would only worsen the odds of a couple staying together.

Superficial is a good adjective to describe the relationships on this show. One of the first things a viewer will notice about The Bachelorette is that all the contestants are attractive. This is typical Hollywood and part of what makes the show fun to watch. The setting for this show varies and is often very unrealistic. No one I know would go on a second date to the city of London. And on these magnificent dates, most of the contestants say something along the lines of "I could see us having a future together" or "I think I am falling for you." This dialogue seems to be very fake and possibly scripted.

There are at least one and possibly two script writers for The Bachelorette. Although it is not clear how much of it actually is scripted, one has to wonder if this truly is a reality show. On the official ABC Bachelorette website, bloggers debate in great detail over whether the show is scripted. Some suggest that only certain lines and characters are scripted, while others call the whole show manufactured.

How realistic is it that one of the contestants (Sean) ran into the streets of Prague yelling out for Emily. And, of all the times Emily cried, there were only a few during which she produced actual tears.

This show is appealing to viewers of all ages and backgrounds. I often watch episodes with my 63 year old neighbor who is a registered nurse. Perhaps this show is a fun escape from boring middle-class lifestyles, or maybe it is a way to experience romance in a way that never happened for many people. Being a beautiful person who visits beautiful places on a romantic journey is like something straight out of a fairytale.

Being in front of a camera can change the way people act. These contestants are able to show us their best appearances and behavior. The bachelorette does not get a chance to see them when they first get out of bed in the morning, and never has to step over their dirty laundry. More importantly, she never sees them in any bad situations and how they would react to them. These things make it harder to view The Bachelorette as a "reality" show.

Some of the scenarios on the show are just too unrealistic to believe. On the episode aired on July 2nd, the bachelorette met each of the four remaining contestant's families. Three out of the four families seemed fairly typical. On the fourth visit, the contestant revealed his big secret: he still lived with his family. As viewers took a tour of his bedroom, they and the bachelorette were shocked to find clothes everywhere, crumbs on tables, and stuffed animals throughout the room. Most people clean up before any guests arrive, not to mention if they are with a camera crew. Interestingly, that contestant was eliminated on the next episode.

Some of the contestants come on the show hoping to find fame and fortune for themselves. One man stated that if he was not chosen by the bachelorette, he might at least be considered for other shows. The Bachelorette hopefully does not choose individuals who only come on the show with the intention of making it big in Hollywood. Additionally, past contestants have claimed that their reason for joining the show was future opportunities in modeling or acting.

A controversial topic brought up on this blog refers to children being on the show. I agree with PamSmith7's post that Emily should not have been able to bring Ricky on The Bachelorette. Emily received special treatment, which should not have been allowed. Children should not be subjected to meeting adults who may not remain in their lives, and who will obviously try to win them over in various ways.

Despite its faults as a matchmaking process, The Bachelorette is both enchanting and comical to watch. It appeals to that little boy or girl in many of us who wants a fairytale romance with the perfect mate. Although it would not be recommended as a way to choose that person, this show definitely provides entertainment. As for me, I have The Bachelorette recording every Monday night, so I won't miss a single episode.

• Bachelor and bachelorette old contestants

I like watching the bachelor and bachelorette even though I believe a lot of it is fake. What I can't stand is the returning old bachelors and bachelorettes giving advice, they got there 10 minutes of fame go away. We saw them on the show already and don't really care what their life is now, go live your life your minutes of fame are over.
  • I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN AFRICAN AMERICAN BACHELORETTE? MAYBE YOU WILL GET MORE VIEWERS IF YOU SWITCH IT UP SOMETIMES.

5.8
    For once I would like to see reality shows that show the caucasian and african american side. I would be more willing to watch these types of shows. I also think it would be fair and more interesting. More versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please....more versatility please....more versatility please...more versatiltiy please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please...more versatility please. Just a thought...Thank you very much.
  • Best Season...

5.5
    The best season of the Bacheloret was when Trista and Ryan where on it. They really stayed true to each other and they seem like such a great pare!!! Now, I think that it's pretty stupid. The guys don't seem as genuin as they did that season and the girls are just after looks. They really need to start getting better people or it's not going to last very much longer!
  • Canadian

Why does every other man get a job title and where the canadian guys job title should be.... It says "Canadian"? As if his career is not valid because he's Canadian.
  • NEW PEOPLE

The show should do some older men and women, or widower's and widow's. After all they are just as worthy as the young ones
  • Not classy

I watched Good Morning America today. As I watched the series, I was not partial to either finalist. When the couple was asked by the interviewer how they felt about Nick's tossing the wedding ring, the couple responded they thought it was funny. How disappointing to see such insensitivity (and immaturity) toward someone's pain. It would have been so much better had they acknowledged their understanding of another person's disappointment, someone who poured his heart and soul, who was open and sincere in his feelings. . I don't think much of anything about the ring toss because his gesture was that of a person who felt he had been lied to, was hurt and expressed his anger in a simple ring toss. I thought HE was the class act in that he was honest and consistent in expressing his feelings, not fearful of hiding his disappointment and expressing himself honestly and openly, which is a gift in itself (at the end) and then walking with her to the car in spite of it. Nick demonstrated class.

You'll understand as you hopefuly mature.

• I think that it would be COOL to have 2 Bachelorette's on the show at 1 time and have Double the # of Guys and go about the show as usual!!!

4.5
    I really like the show please do something or if I can get the # of the company I can talk to them ? ? ? I think that it would throw a hudge twist if this was at any how possible to make happen. I have enjoyed watching the show in the past, but I have really grown quite tired of the original format and think that it just needs some twiking around with to make more pleasurable and desirible once again to the community and all other avid viewers. Please take this into consideration and I hope that you will take action!!!
  • Mediocre. Worse season ever

She is a tacky unprofessional candidate for a group of pretty awesome professional men. Can't think anyone on this show would seriously consider her a catch.
  • Sleezy

3.5
    I have been a Bachelor and Bachelorette fan since it began. I hated the season with Juan Pablo. This season of the Bachelorette is as disgusting as Juan Pablo's season. Maybe they should get together! Neither of them want a relationship. I was so proud of Ian when he told her how shallow she was. Somebody needed to put her in her place. She also creates drama and problems between the men and just sits back and watches the fireworks. The directors of this show need to be careful and get this show back on track or they will lose viewers. I have an idea. Get some fresh contestants and quit trying to pick a fan favorite to be the new contestant. I'm not sure she was the fan favorite either. Many of them are just wanting it to promote themselves and not find love.
  • Bachelorette is boring now

3.5
    This lastest Bachelorette andi is not very interesting I am starting to feel like this show is just turning into who wants to be the next actor or actress when you first started it was real good with real people who where really looking for they soulmates I have really lost interest in watching it.
  • Episode 4 -- Kaitlyn "Meets" Nick

Thank you Lauren Weigle (Heavy dot com) for exposing the truth about Kaitlyn Bristowe. I have no interest or desire to watch the show any more. Evidently, she is dishonest; she is emotionally-manipulative; she has no morals; and she is a total tramp.

If I were a contestant, I would not trust her; I would not waste my time or energy; and I would leave the show immediately. How ironic that she ends up as a conflicted, confused, and unhappy single woman.
  • Why not canceled?

Why watch anymore.
  • Is it just me or Jesse looks like Robert de Niro in the movie CAPE FEAR ?

Is it just me or Jesse looks like Robert de Niro in the movie CAPE FEAR ? Ugly dude !!! Anyways, I guess ABC played another trick on all the viewers by making DeAnna choose Jesse, the caveman ? You cannot be serious ! I couldn't believe it when I saw Jason coming out of the limo FIRST. That was just soooo wrong... I guess Jason or Jeremy will be the next BACHELORS. What's DeAnna gonna do with a snowboarder for the rest of her life ? She's going to end up in a trailer with a man with no schooling, no job, and a washed-up-hasbeen for the rest of her life.
  • Drop 'em Nick

2.5
    I cannot STAND Nick!! Couldn't stand him the last stand him even more this time. He is so arrogant and I can't believe she has fallen for him. Did she not see him call Andi out for sleeping with him in the fantasy suite? A true gentleman never kisses and tells. And, he showed that he was not a gentleman this season when he didn't stop their off-camera tryst before it went too far!! So what if she is a slut and slept with him knowing that she was still dating all those other guys, HE should not have taken advantage of her stupidity!! NOW to the topic of the dropping his drawers on the golf course!!! I would LOVE to see Nick drop down to his not-so-toned buff and run across the golf course!!! He is so feminine that he probably would not even need to hold HIS package as he ran!!! The lisp gets on my last nerve, but I know he can't help that and I would not want to make fun of something like that. But, I don't mind making fun of his hippy jewelry and those fluffy locks that he piles on top of his head!! My son has beautiful curly hair, but he would never fluff it out like a 60 year old granny!! He is such a disappointment in the man department that I hope Shawn rocked her world in the fantasy suite and made her realize what a lousy lay Nick was and she needs a real man. (Shawn was not one of my favs either, but anyone beats NICKKI)
  • Kaitlyn &Nick

2.5
    Really disappointed. If they had a connection before the show, they should have explored it before she accepted the role of Bachlorette. They could have "found love " on the Bachelor Pad or Paridise. Instead, we are watching a dismal outcome for decent and genuine guys.
  • The bachelorette is black but most of the guys are white

When the bachelorette is white 98% of the guys are white. So why isn't it the same for the black bachelorette. All those white guys on there is ridiculous. I guess abc thinks if they have a black bachelorette who actually likes black guys then nobody will watch. Ofcourse abc would pic a black girl who likes white guy. Should've just kept having a white bachelorette instead of this garbage that's on now. Oh no that's rite all those white guys on the show are genuinely interested in the black girl.
  • Worst Segment Ever

The segment that intercut the singing of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" with the tear-stained, jilted Bach in his minivan was among the worst television I've seen in years. On the flip side, being in the editing shack when this show is cut must be a gas.

• The bad bachelorette

I think that Kailtlyn sucks as a bachelorette. She is slutty, dishonest and a hypocrit and leads guys on. She tells them one thing and then she sends them home. I also think that some of the guys on there are a bunch of trash talking douche bags. I would not want to date people like that. Hopefully the next bachelor/bachelorette is better.
< 1 2 3