The Batman

Batgirl Begins (1)

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Sep 17, 2005 on The CW

• The best introduction of characters so far.

At first I was afraid, I was petrified. I really like this show and the way the characters are re-created in it, but I kept thinking making Poison Ivy so young was an error – even if I’ve loved her new design ever since I saw it.

On the contrary I was not worried about Batgirl, I thought she was not that much older when she began on the previous shows.

When I finally saw this episode I realized that I was wrong for my first statement, right for the second. Poison Ivy, even if she’s too young to be a femme fatale, makes a pretty good Lolita. She has a younger form of seduction that is really effective. The way she acts for the sake of Nature can appear as a form of logical rebellion for a teenager. On the other side Batgirl is exactly how I figured she would be. Her youth serves the development of the relationship she has with her father.

For the episode as itself, it is really good. Temblor brings the action in it. Meanwhile we can discover the motivations of the two new female characters.