The Batman Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Batgirl VS Starfire

zeofan1

[1]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 25
    Okay. This is a discussion forum for all levels, who's a better girlfriend for Robin, Who would win in a fight, who has a better costume, just fire away and let the debating begin!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarthFreeza

[2]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 23

Best for Robin:

Neither

Better Design:

Batgirl (as opposed to Orange Skin?)

Win in Fight:

Batgirl

Agree? Disagree? Etc . . .

zeofan1

[3]Aug 11, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Best for Robin:

Neither

Better Design:

Batgirl (as opposed to Orange Skin?)

Win in Fight:

Batgirl

Agree? Disagree? Etc . . .

Orange skin? I thought she was white?

DarthFreeza

[4]Aug 12, 2008

Looks pretty orange to me . . .

-batmat-

[5]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 22

Best for Robin:

Starfire

Better Design:

Batgirl

Win in Fight:

Batgirl

zeofan1

[6]Aug 12, 2008
    -batmat- wrote:

Best for Robin:

Starfire

Better Design:

Batgirl

Win in Fight:

Batgirl

What does Batgirl have on Starfire in a fight?

And what does Starfire have on Batgirl as a girlfriend?

-batmat-

[7]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 22
    robin and starfire look pretty good toghether in Teen Titans, and Batgirl would kick Starfire ass because she's jealous

RaizenYusuke

[8]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 28

I can only go by Starfire from the Teen Titans t.v. series since I've never read a TT comic. I'm not sure which Batgirl your using

#1. Starfire

Batgirl in DCAU got together with Bruce at one point, IMO takes her out of the running. Batgirl from the TB hasn't shown a interest in Dick.

#2. Batgirl from B: AS & TNAB

Batgirl from TB ties with Starfire of TT for best design

#3. Starfire

Batgirl from DCAU or TB series would lose to Starfire. Star wins hands down.

Two for Starfire one for Batgirl.

TheGreatBishop

[9]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I can only go by Starfire from the Teen Titans t.v. series since I've never read a TT comic. I'm not sure which Batgirl your using

#1. Starfire

Batgirl in DCAU got together with Bruce at one point, IMO takes her out of the running. Batgirl from the TB hasn't shown a interest in Dick.

#3. Starfire

Hands down? I think not, Batgirl was trained by Batman, who's one of the World's Finest, so I don't think Starfire would easily beat Batgirl.

DarthFreeza

[10]Aug 13, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

#1. Starfire

#3. Starfire

Hands down? I think not, Batgirl was trained by Batman, who's one of the World's Finest, so I don't think Starfire would easily beat Batgirl.
    Me neither . . .

Robin4084

[11]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 5

Batgitl all the way!

I hate Starfire!

RaizenYusuke

[12]Aug 13, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

#1. Starfire

#3. Starfire

Me neither . . .

Starfire has had warrior training and has super strength, starbolts, durability, and flight. Starfire wouldn't win easily but I doubt it would be really difficult for her either.

The only way I see Batgirl winning is if she knew she was going to fight Starfire a head of time and prepared gadgets to fight her. If they just met for battle without in preparation time I can't see Batgirl doing any damage.

TheGreatBishop

[13]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    But that's Batgirl strength, preperation. She's human after all, so obviously if you randomly drop her in a dome and tell her to fight an alien warrior, she wouldn't fair to well, but if given time, and not too much either, she could probably beat her.

Batman is capable of beating Martian Manhunter, Superman and well basically the entire league, I'm sure Batgirl could take Starfire. But then again, it all depends on which Batgirl we're referring to.

DarthFreeza

[14]Aug 14, 2008

I'm speaking of DCAU Batgirl and Teen Titans TV series Starfire.

I recall seeing Robin take down Starfire a few times in the tv series (one that comes to mind is when he creats Red X.) I feel that he and Batgirl are pretty equally matched in combat and if he could have taken her down I believe Batgirl could aswell.

zeofan1

[15]Aug 14, 2008
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

#1. Starfire

#3. Starfire

Me neither . . .

Starfire has had warrior training and has super strength, starbolts, durability, and flight. Starfire wouldn't win easily but I doubt it would be really difficult for her either.

The only way I see Batgirl winning is if she knew she was going to fight Starfire a head of time and prepared gadgets to fight her. If they just met for battle without in preparation time I can't see Batgirl doing any damage.

Starfire basically has all the same powers as Firefly, who Batgirl quickly defeated in "Team Penguin"! And we're talking about the Batgirl from TB!

RaizenYusuke

[16]Aug 14, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:

I'm speaking of DCAU Batgirl and Teen Titans TV series Starfire.

I recall seeing Robin take down Starfire a few times in the tv series (one that comes to mind is when he creats Red X.) I feel that he and Batgirl are pretty equally matched in combat and if he could have taken her down I believe Batgirl could aswell.

Robin knew all of the Titans while and figure out their weaknesses he developed specific weapons that could take out each Titan, so when he became Red X he defeated them. The second time when he was Slade apprentice all of the Titans held back when they fought him, Starfire never even fought him that time. In Go the episode were the Titans first became a team Robin fought Starfire for the first time ever. He would have lost if not for Cyborg, Beastboy, and Raven interfered and helped him.

My point is Robin was able to defeat Starfire because he knew her so well and was able to develop weapons to counter her, as Red X. While when the first met(the same factor as Batgirl and Starfire fight) he was at a disadvantage and would have lost if not the rest of the Titans. While Batgirl from the DCAU is probably as skilled as Robin in the Titan universe, she would probably lose due lack of specific weaponry to counter Star's natural advantages.

Edited on 08/14/2008 1:03pm

RaizenYusuke

[17]Aug 14, 2008

[/QUOTE] Starfire basically has all the same powers as Firefly, who Batgirl quickly defeated in "Team Penguin"! And we're talking about the Batgirl from TB![/QUOTE]

You can't compare Firefly to Starfire. Firefly's suit doesn't enhance his strength, he has average strength. I doubt his fire balls are as powerful as Starfire's star bolts, the only thing that's compareable is his flight speed. Firefly's suit hardly makes him equal to Starfire. Just because Batgirl beat Firefly quickly doesn't mean she would defeat Starfire.

theportal

[18]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 26
    Hmm, I prefer DCAU Batgirl. Starfire would very likely win a fight between them, but I'm not 100% convinced by the Starfire/Robin relationship. It's more like puppy love, though I admit that they go through a lot in Teen Titans and their relationship only gets stronger because of it. I prefer DCAU Batgirl's design over Starfire's, but it's a close one.

Link3455

[19]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    I really don't know, because we never saw Batgirl fight much in TB. She was always just there helping solve cases and stuff while Batman and Robin did all the fighting.

zeofan1

[20]Aug 18, 2008
    Link3455 wrote:
    I really don't know, because we never saw Batgirl fight much in TB. She was always just there helping solve cases and stuff while Batman and Robin did all the fighting.
    HELLO! Were you asleep during all season 3!? If you've only seen 4-5 then your response is understandable, considering the way they surpressed her character with the forced Batman-Robin relationship.