The Batman Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Batgirl VS Starfire

Link3455

[21]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 14

zeofan1 wrote:
    Link3455 wrote:
    I really don't know, because we never saw Batgirl fight much in TB. She was always just there helping solve cases and stuff while Batman and Robin did all the fighting.
    HELLO! Were you asleep during all season 3!? If you've only seen 4-5 then your response is understandable, considering the way they surpressed her character with the forced Batman-Robin relationship.

I've seen every single episode of this show. She rarely fought in season three, or any of the three seasons for that matter. She was mainly just there talking to Batman or Batman and Robin, or using other skills to help. I'm not saying she's a bad character - she's one of my favorites, but the fact is still there.

Season five was utter crap that almost completely killed my love for this show. Season four was good though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gohan_Buu19

[22]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    batgirl is not that good of a fighter!

starfire beats batgirl but with difficutlies!

theportal

[23]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 26
    Link3455 wrote:

zeofan1 wrote:
    Link3455 wrote:
    I really don't know, because we never saw Batgirl fight much in TB. She was always just there helping solve cases and stuff while Batman and Robin did all the fighting.
    HELLO! Were you asleep during all season 3!? If you've only seen 4-5 then your response is understandable, considering the way they surpressed her character with the forced Batman-Robin relationship.

I've seen every single episode of this show. She rarely fought in season three, or any of the three seasons for that matter. She was mainly just there talking to Batman or Batman and Robin, or using other skills to help. I'm not saying she's a bad character - she's one of my favorites, but the fact is still there.

Season five was utter crap that almost completely killed my love for this show. Season four was good though.

Huh? Batgirl got involved in the action in all of her appearances! As for Robin, I don't get why people hated him in this show. Considering the approach to this incarnation of Batman, the show just felt 'complete' once Robin showed up. This version of Batman was incredibly boring and uninteresting in seasons 1 and 2 with only Alfred to keep him company (who annoyed me a lot prior to season 3). Batgirl did a satisfactory job of filling the void caused by Robin's absence and when he appeared, I felt he brought out the best in all of them. His character suited this show and out of all of the supporting characters, he was the most interesting one to have at Batman's side. And Batgirl wasn't exactly forgotten - she went off to university in season 5. And don't forget that season 4 is the most beloved season (my favourite, anyway), partially because of Robin! I'm not a hard core Robin fan, but I felt that this show and B:TAS were both consistently more enjoyable when he was around.

Link3455

[24]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 14
    theportal wrote:
    Link3455 wrote:

zeofan1 wrote:
    Link3455 wrote:

Huh? Batgirl got involved in the action in all of her appearances! As for Robin, I don't get why people hated him in this show. Considering the approach to this incarnation of Batman, the show just felt 'complete' once Robin showed up. This version of Batman was incredibly boring and uninteresting in seasons 1 and 2 with only Alfred to keep him company (who annoyed me a lot prior to season 3). Batgirl did a satisfactory job of filling the void caused by Robin's absence and when he appeared, I felt he brought out the best in all of them. His character suited this show and out of all of the supporting characters, he was the most interesting one to have at Batman's side. And Batgirl wasn't exactly forgotten - she went off to university in season 5. And don't forget that season 4 is the most beloved season (my favourite, anyway), partially because of Robin! I'm not a hard core Robin fan, but I felt that this show and B:TAS were both consistently more enjoyable when he was around.

When did I ever say I hated Robin? Yeah, I hated him in season 5, but he was good in season 4.

xylene11

[25]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    Best for Robin:
    BatGirl

Better design:
    BatGirl

Win in a fight:
    BatGirl

stevemagegod

[26]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 17
    I recall seeing Robin take down Starfire a few times in the tv series (one that comes to mind is when he creats Red X.) I feel that he and Batgirl are pretty equally matched in combat and if he could have taken her down I believe Batgirl could aswell.

seto1

[27]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    There have been several incarnations of the batgirl and in my opinion the batman series had the worse representation ever done by animation.Now that have gotten that off my chest allow me to tackle the present ques,assuming we are talking about batgirl from this series there is no doubt in my mind that starfire would win.

Orpheus2017

[28]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 3

xylene11 wrote:
    Best for Robin: BatGirl Better design: BatGirl Win in a fight: BatGirl

Well my opinion has already been said.

JackieMilner

[29]Jan 2, 2013
    • level: 1

What are you guys talking about that batgirl would win against starfire? Starfire has powers, she has star bolts, laser eye beams and brute strength. Yes batgirls is a skilled fighter but I dont think she has what it takes to beat starfire.

Better girlfriend: i think they'd both make a good girlfriend for robin.

Better costume: Batgirl.