TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Batman Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

The Batman officially Cancelled

  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [1]Feb 25, 2008
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388

    yes, its true some of you may of known this or knew this was coming well heres full proof the last season and series finale TB for more info

    http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=72

    Edited on 02/26/2008 1:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JusticeLeaguer

    JusticeLeaguer

    [2]Feb 25, 2008
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 4,902
    Not surprising.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of melbye80

    melbye80

    [3]Feb 26, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 1,074
    I am not surprised. It's been a good run
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [4]Feb 26, 2008
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    It has and I'm sure thankful we got a 5th season to. I'm not sure about LoSH yet I doesn't look like its going to be canned I hope not but I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
    Edited on 02/26/2008 6:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kez1984

    Kez1984

    [5]Mar 3, 2008
    • member since: 03/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 517
    Doubtfull it will be the last time we see him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maxiezeus93

    maxiezeus93

    [6]Mar 3, 2008
    • member since: 10/08/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 263
    i liked the new versions of the villains and im still disapointed int the absence of two face scarecrow mad hatter and ras al ghul
    Edited on 03/03/2008 4:57pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mitsarugii

    Mitsarugii

    [7]Mar 3, 2008
    • member since: 08/20/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 114
    Well i'm not suprised, but this Batman is the most under-rated one. It's pretty good IMO, I liked the design and artwork. It had a good run, and I have nothing else to say. lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ellewoodspower

    ellewoodspower

    [8]Mar 3, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,416
    Good things come from bad ones. The end of a Batman show generally announces the beginning of a new one. Let's hope "The Brave and the Bold" will be good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [9]Mar 4, 2008
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    Well, more news TB will be taken of kids WB after series finale.

    http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=86
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [10]Mar 8, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    ellewoodspower wrote:
    Good things come from bad ones. The end of a Batman show generally announces the beginning of a new one. Let's hope "The Brave and the Bold" will be good.
    Lets hope that a new series will have a few... improvements (I cant think of a proper word). Such as a PG-13 rating, sophisticated storylines, some good mysteries, proper animation, proper music, and wizely catsed actors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dirk13

    Dirk13

    [11]Mar 8, 2008
    • member since: 12/01/04
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,042

    Well i could say i saw this coming since the series began since i was never much a fan (it would be difficult to be after experiencing Dinni's superior and direct batman portrayal), and while i was not proven wrong but it, the series did stick around and improved a little bit.

    I guess my question is, why cancel it now? I mean it survived behind the point i thought it would be cancelled early on, so was there some other reason it's going away now?

    Since, if they cancelled it because it was poor then this would have happened a little bit ago. I guess it could be for the same reason i disliked it, as it was less serious and dark than the previous batman animated series, and less series cartoons often dont stick around as long in general.

    Edited on 03/08/2008 8:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jwgrlrrajn

    jwgrlrrajn

    [12]Mar 16, 2008
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,915
    Well, the series is going to be continuing as "The Brave and the Bold." (On Cartoon Network!)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamerboy190

    gamerboy190

    [13]Mar 17, 2008
    • member since: 05/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,292
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Well, the series is going to be continuing as "The Brave and the Bold." (On Cartoon Network!)


    Hopefully, it can be just as good as Jusdtice League. JLU was too convuluted, IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [14]Mar 17, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Well, the series is going to be continuing as "The Brave and the Bold." (On Cartoon Network!)


    Hopefully, it can be just as good as Jusdtice League. JLU was too convuluted, IMO.


    JLU was fantastic! You're saying you didn't like the Cadmus arc?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jwgrlrrajn

    jwgrlrrajn

    [15]Mar 17, 2008
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,915
    theportal wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Well, the series is going to be continuing as "The Brave and the Bold." (On Cartoon Network!)


    Hopefully, it can be just as good as Jusdtice League. JLU was too convuluted, IMO.


    JLU was fantastic! You're saying you didn't like the Cadmus arc?


    The Cadmus arc was excellent IMO, I didn't really like the series that much before then. (JLU, not JLA)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ellewoodspower

    ellewoodspower

    [16]Mar 17, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,416

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    ellewoodspower wrote:
    Good things come from bad ones. The end of a Batman show generally announces the beginning of a new one. Let's hope "The Brave and the Bold" will be good.
    Lets hope that a new series will have a few... improvements (I cant think of a proper word). Such as a PG-13 rating, sophisticated storylines, some good mysteries, proper animation, proper music, and wizely catsed actors.

    Well, let's just say a better series than this one which was mainly aimed for children... It was really entertaining, and I really liked the new designs, but let's face it: it wasn't that great!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [17]Mar 19, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    ellewoodspower wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    ellewoodspower wrote:
    Good things come from bad ones. The end of a Batman show generally announces the beginning of a new one. Let's hope "The Brave and the Bold" will be good.
    Lets hope that a new series will have a few... improvements (I cant think of a proper word). Such as a PG-13 rating, sophisticated storylines, some good mysteries, proper animation, proper music, and wizely catsed actors.

    Well, let's just say a better series than this one which was mainly aimed for children... It was really entertaining, and I really liked the new designs, but let's face it: it wasn't that great!

    I never implied that this show was great. I find that this show is good for introducing Batman to a knew generation of children. As for entertaining long time fans of Batman, this show lacked the possibility.
    Edited on 03/19/2008 3:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Orpheus2017

    Orpheus2017

    [18]Mar 28, 2008
    • member since: 03/21/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 118
    Not bad, it was a great show for me a 21 year old to watch with my 12 year old cousins. The animation was crisp and the villains, though formulaic were interesting to watch interact with each other and the batman. I think it could do 2 more seasons to satisfy my age group more, but i was satisfied, the only gripe i have is that its gone and LoSH isn't( Bouncing Boy are you Friggin kidding). I think most of us just can't or refuse to get over Batman:TAS and are just happy to live too far in the past to be taken seriously.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JusticeLeaguer

    JusticeLeaguer

    [19]Mar 28, 2008
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 4,902
    Orpheus2017 wrote:
    the only gripe i have is that its gone and LoSH isn't


    Well that show is ending too. Series Finale starts tomorrow at 9:30am (eastern) and continues next week, April 5th.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Orpheus2017

    Orpheus2017

    [20]Mar 29, 2008
    • member since: 03/21/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 118
    Do you think they'll show any batman episodes again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.