The Batman Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Who thinks this show ****

batmanbat

[1]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    I do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spider94

[2]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    i think the show id ok. i am not in love with it like i am with batman the animated series but it is an OK show.

ToniMontana804

[3]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 15
    I wish people lay off the Batman. So what if the series is not good as BatmanTAS and it's not much base on the comics? big deal! Don't expect every Batman cartoon and movie to be perfect.
    Edited on 01/29/2006 12:52pm

Sillicone

[4]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 8
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    Don't expect every Batman cartoon and movie to be perfect.

I have the right to expect that. After all, they embargo'd everyone else, which indicates they have lofty expectations for this series. Plus, they put Batman in it so they HAVE to at least be half as good as they pretend to be.

That being said, I'm extremely disappointed to what they did to Bane, Joker, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Cluemaster, Ragdoll, Alfred, and the Riddler but pleased about Clayface and Batman vs. Dracula. The first season was really pathetic and it really only picked up near the end.

PTACO

[5]Jan 29, 2006
    Sillicone wrote:
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    Don't expect every Batman cartoon and movie to be perfect.

I have the right to expect that. After all, they embargo'd everyone else, which indicates they have lofty expectations for this series. Plus, they put Batman in it so they HAVE to at least be half as good as they pretend to be.

That being said, I'm extremely disappointed to what they did to Bane, Joker, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Cluemaster, Ragdoll, Alfred, and the Riddler but pleased about Clayface and Batman vs. Dracula. The first season was really pathetic and it really only picked up near the end.

Huh? Riddler & Bane were handeled pretty nicely, in my opinion.

Spider94

[6]Jan 30, 2006
    i think bane looks cooler when he isn't all venomed upand stuff i think he looks cool like this http://www.dailyraider.com/tv/batep3/bane.jpg . i think riddler woul look better with a hat.i dig the ong hair though.

Spider94

[7]Jan 30, 2006
    long sorry

Aldrius

[8]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    Are you displeased with what they did to Firefly, Cluemaster, and Ragdoll? Or are you displeased they included them?

Because those are pretty crappy villains.

ToniMontana804

[9]Jan 31, 2006
    Aldrius wrote:
    Are you displeased with what they did to Firefly, Cluemaster, and Ragdoll? Or are you displeased they included them?

Because those are pretty crappy villains.

How can you be displeased with Cluemaster and Ragdoll considering they've never been animated before?

Supermeng

[10]Jan 31, 2006
    I think cluemaster and ragdoll are crappy villains but it has nothing to do with how they were presented on this show. Firefly was alright but I prefer the B:GK version.

Spider94

[11]Jan 31, 2006
    Supermeng wrote:
    I think cluemaster and ragdoll are crappy villains but it has nothing to do with how they were presented on this show. Firefly was alright but I prefer the B:GK version.
    in gotham knights he has a fire light saber or is it fire saber?

Supermeng

[12]Feb 1, 2006
    Spider94 wrote:
    Supermeng wrote:
    in gotham knights he has a fire light saber or is it fire saber?

I guess it's a fire sabre. I don't know for sure though. What's the difference between the two anyway?

Spider94

[13]Feb 1, 2006
    Farttt..........i have to go to the bathroom again.

too much peto bismol.

BCzar

[14]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think the show is good. Not great, but good. I don't like what they did with Bane, they made him TOO big. Cluemaster is a lame character in the comic books, he's no improvement here. Ragdoll, who was more an enemy of the Golden Age Flash, is good here. I think the take on the Joker and Riddler is very interesting. The look of the Penguin is good, but I don't like him having the ability to fight so well. I DO like those Kabuki ninja girls he has, though. I'd like to learn more about them. For the most part, the show is doing well in my opinion. I'm not that wild about them introducing Batgirl before Robin, she seems to be holding her own though. I like the show and hope that it is around for at least two more seasons. And, let us not forget, "Batman: The Animated Series" didn't exactly follow the comic books history neither: Two-Face had a different origin, Bane never broke Batman's back, the Joker neither paralyzed Barbara nor killed Robin (for that matter, there was no Jason Todd as Robin), Rupert Thorne never became Mayor of Gotham City, etc. In other words, let it go already!

LeatherWings

[15]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    I wish people lay off the Batman. So what if the series is not good as BatmanTAS and it's not much base on the comics? big deal! Don't expect every Batman cartoon and movie to be perfect.

So you admit B:TAS is perfect? Thank you, those 85 eps are indeed as close to a perfect show we'll ever get.

85 eps of perfection baby, as for TNBA, ehh, while I am and editor on site for that show, besides Nightwing, well its okay, but characterization-wise its kinda lame(Batgirl becomes slutty too much, little Robin is annoying hlaf the time, and Batman get darker)

Yeah TNBA was not perfect, it was half the time great, half the time not so great, they really shoulda toned down the whole Bruce/Babs thing a bit, that ruined a few of the eps, and the rest just stunk, but TNBA will always have soft-spot in my heart because Nightwing kicked ass and eps like Old Wounds kicked major ass as well.

But B:TAS, come one? Has there ever been a better show? If so name it.

The Batman, well I'll admit it is getting better, but thats not saying much if you've seen how horrible season one is. Atleast its not negative points on the scale anymore.

LeatherWings

[16]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    BCzar wrote:
    I think the show is good. Not great, but good. I don't like what they did with Bane, they made him TOO big. Cluemaster is a lame character in the comic books, he's no improvement here. Ragdoll, who was more an enemy of the Golden Age Flash, is good here. I think the take on the Joker and Riddler is very interesting. The look of the Penguin is good, but I don't like him having the ability to fight so well. I DO like those Kabuki ninja girls he has, though. I'd like to learn more about them. For the most part, the show is doing well in my opinion. I'm not that wild about them introducing Batgirl before Robin, she seems to be holding her own though. I like the show and hope that it is around for at least two more seasons. And, let us not forget, "Batman: The Animated Series" didn't exactly follow the comic books history neither: Two-Face had a different origin, Bane never broke Batman's back, the Joker neither paralyzed Barbara nor killed Robin (for that matter, there was no Jason Todd as Robin), Rupert Thorne never became Mayor of Gotham City, etc. In other words, let it go already!

Um, hmm Bane was in what one ep in B:TAS? Two-Face, yeah so what, they made up for that with characterization. And the origin wasn't so different, read Long Halloween, he was involved with criminal tactics before hand, there's been MANY tweaks in the Two-Face origin overtime as long as he's Harvey Dent, and Bruce Wayne's friend I'll be fine. Um Joker parts, hmm B:TAS ended at 85 episodes, that didn't happen because TNBA came soon after, NEVER include TNBA into B:TAS, that is a crime that will not go unpunished in my book. The last three Barbara/Robin/Rupert Thorne, well as far as B:TAS got they weren't upto that point in time, yet Batgirl had what three appearances. And have you seen TNBA, Robin/Tim Drake is basically Jason Tod, they wanted to make it close to the silver age comics, they didn't want to do all the ****ed up stuff that has happened in Modern comics. But in TNBA, they had to think of something in the few months they actually knew they were getting a spin-off, if I were them I would skipped the whole JT thing, and made him the REAL Tim Drake, not the toned down cheap Jason Todd mixed one.

In think most of us from the multiple boards, will agree that TNBA was not perfect, but B:TAS, thats as perfect as a show gets my friend. Its better than the comics have been recently. I woulda ben fine with a few tweaks from the comics, hald the crap that has happened in the comics suck, I don't expect it to be completely loyal, what do expect is it to be a half way decent show as well though. B:TAS not only was a great adaption of the comics Batman, but it pulled off the comic events at times better than the comics themselves. Face it dude, if they hadn't canceled the show after 85 eps, we'd be sitting here right now watching the 1000th episode of the greatest show on Earth and the show still would rarely dissapoint.

I still swear I'll torture to death the guy who canceled B:TAS, I swear. I swear on Batman's parents grave.

Spider94

[17]Feb 7, 2006
    amen to that ^^^

SupermanNYC

[18]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 45
    The show is great, its showin a young Bruce Wayne, Thats why you see the batwave and not the bat computer, its the start of batman. I love it, and it will get better too.

Supermeng

[19]Feb 14, 2006
    I hated this show at first but I kind of like it now. I just watched the first season again on DVD and actually enjoyed it a lot. It's not as good as the DCAU, but whatever.

PTACO

[20]Feb 14, 2006
    LeatherWings wrote:

...85 eps of perfection baby...

I wouldn't quite say all 85 were perfect...

http://www.tv.com/batman-the-animated-series/ive-got-batman-in-my-basement/episode/68581/summary.html