The Beast

Two Choices

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jan 22, 2009 on A&E

7.8
  • A father's revenge.

Barker and Dove are working on a drug trafficking case. Problem is, the main way in is in Chicago Police Department custody. As they focus on Casserly, Barker deals with the carnage left behind. They are met with roadblocks in getting not only the information they need but also the people they are after. Barker methods are definitely questionable but we'll have to see if there is a method to his madness. Ellis is still being pulled and is still learning, but he's at least trying to find his needed answers on his own and not depending on what he's been told all the while he's finding his own way of doing things.
  • Another UC operation leads Ellis and Barker to a drug dealer and a heartbroken cop. Meanwhile, Ellis's new pal from IA gives him evidence to prove that Barker IS a little dirty…but will Ellis take a look at the evidence?

Another UC operation leads Ellis and Barker to a drug dealer and a heartbroken cop. Meanwhile, Ellis's new pal from IA gives him evidence to prove that Barker IS a little dirty. By episodes end Ellis discovers that Barker does have the DIA device, and decides not to tell him about the IA investigation or the dvd of evidence. Instead he decides to watch it. Of course we don't get to see what's on it, and that bums me out because I think they're being far too vague about what Barker's dirty dealings may be. More Thoughts on 'Two Choices': - I like Larry Gilliard Jr. as the man trying to flip Ellis.
    - Pretty decent story line even though I would like to see longer arc-like undercover operations
    Bottom Line: Not a bad second episode, although I do find the show a tad slow at times. There's a difference between deliberate and slow, and this one walks a fine line.
    Next week: Barker and Ellis take on one of the nastiest and sleaziest rackets in the world--human trafficking. More at www.theplurp.com