The Beautiful Life: TBL Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

TBL X'ed: Sara Paxton Hates the CW & We Should Too

toxic_boy21

[1]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 13

You were effervescent and marvelous as the star of TBL. How do you feel about the CW's decision to cancel your show so quickly?
    We're so shocked! I definitely think it's unfair. The CW didn't give our show a chance to succeed or fail. We had some amazing episodes coming up that we were all proud of, and the story lines were about to get really interesting, so we're sad that no one will ever even see those! It's unbelievable the way that they told us—we were all in the middle of work. I was sitting in the hair and makeup chair, and I'm getting my hair done just like a normal Friday—we were all excited for Friday. And all of a sudden, they got the call, and the producers had to make an announcement on set that we were done—that we were over! And I was sitting there in shock. I couldn't believe that in the middle of work, the rug was pulled out beneath our feet. Immediately, I run over to Corbin's [Bleu] room, and I'm like, 'oh my God, oh my God!' I was freaking out! And Corbin was shocked. Everyone was just devastated. It was horrible. Terrible.

You didn't see this coming at all?
    We were worried because our show didn't get as much marketing as other shows. Everywhere you go in New York City, you see Melrose Place posters everywhere—I see Vampire Diaries everywhere. And CW, they just didn't put any money into advertising for our show whatsoever. It was up to the cast to keep the show going, so we went to every red carpet, we talked about the show, we publicized, we did twitter, we did everything we could possibly do to get the word out about the show. We thought it was really worth it because we care about the show—we care about each other and we wanted to make it work. But if people don't know that the show even exists, they're not going to watch it.

Why do you feel they weren't behind the show?
    I have no idea. We wanted the same thing. We did the pilot, and when we saw the pilot, we were all so proud of it, and we really thought we had made something special. We're a really talented group, and most of us have been working for a long time and have really good projects under our belts, and I just don't understand why they would do this.

How do you feel about the CW's decision not to air the five other episodes you've already filmed?
    It's a slap in the face! It's almost like we were part of this family and now suddenly we're dropped. I couldn't even call the CW because they probably have my number on their caller ID and they're like, 'no don't pick up, don't pick up.' It's crazy. And oh my God, episodes three, four and five were going to beamazing. That's what really sucks. You've got to have time to let a show get its legs and find an audience, especially when they're putting zero dollars into advertising. And we were slowly going in that direction. Everyday I was getting emails from Japan and Brazil and the U.K from people who were buying the show on iTunes and were going nuts over it. And if they had just given it more time to really catch a fan base I think it could've been huge for the CW. I really think they missed out, and I really think they're missing out on a huge opportunity for themselves.

http://www.latina.com/blogs/vivo-por-tivo/exclusive-beautiful-life-star-sara-paxton-blasts-cw-over-shows-cancellation

I for one and INFURIATED. Godadfasdfjlksd I'm so mad, mostly because Corbin was JUST heating up in the last episode and I fell for Nico as well. So many gorgeous people, so many interesting stories, so much potential. I HATE YOU CW.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnilThornberry

[2]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    OMG I love her...she talks so good. F**K CWW!!
    They really didn't advertise it. I see Vampire Diaries and Melrose Place posters everywhere too. So unfair.
    I feel so sad for this fantastic crew.

thec0mebackman

[3]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 15
    dude.. i'm getting angry as i read. LOL, man F*CK THE CW. i hope a worker of the CW reads our complaints. Sara Paxton & the rest of the cast really are amazing & talented ...& the CW didn't give them a chance not at all.

tazzzje

[4]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think TBL is way better than the weak ripoff of Melrose Place.
    That show is lame and has a lame story. This one is fresh and exiting!
    The CW should have advertised more for TBL instead of Melrose Hurl..

MobjeTV

[5]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 4
    I totally feel for the entire cats! The CW are **** I dunno what it is, but seriously i'm so pissed about cancelling this show....i REALLY loved it. Normally when a show would get axed i'd be disappointed, but now...wow...it's really getting to me! Isn't there something we could come up with? I've been reading stories on IMDB about a possible pick up by My Lifetime or The N? I'm dutch, so don't really know these networks, but i really believe TBL should be saved! Man this sucks big time!!
    Edited on 09/30/2009 3:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

AnilThornberry

[6]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 19
    It would fit so perfect on THE N.

thec0mebackman

[7]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 15
    i just got home ...did they show TBL at 8 or what? was it Melrose Place that took over?

sasha_oth

[8]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 2
    TBL is so much more original to compare with Melrose Place.
    why oh why?!?!?! TBL was going good.

danejarus

[9]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    It's absolutely outrageous to cancel as how so early in its season Without being given half a chance to grow. I already loved the show and it was only 2 episodes old this is just outrageous

toxic_boy21

[10]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    danejarus wrote:
    It's absolutely outrageous to cancel as how so early in its season Without being given half a chance to grow.

Exactly especially when you're THE FRIGGIN' CW!!!! Who do they think they are???? Plenty of their season-long shows have had ratings like that for their episode airings.. The CW thinks that just because they have ONE new hit show and a two relatively successful returning ones, they're big shots now. No, sorry. And now they just lost the last thing they had that the other stations never did: a soul. And me as a watcher

MobjeTV

[11]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 4

They've been such fools!! They should have aired more episodes....there would have been more viewers! Just look at all that would have happened. It' such a shame....no words. I'm still pissed!!!

DisNick

[12]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 33
    i really hate CW for cancelling TBL, V Mars, & Privileged

Loralee_jk

[13]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 38

BBBBAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I love the title of this!