The Bernie Mac Show

FOX (ended 2006)

kikindoonoots

The Bernie Mac Show Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• The humor splits my sides.

The Bernie Mac Show is probably the only show on the WB that i watch. The show has comedy that will keep you laughing for a long time. I wasn't intrested in it at first but after i saw the commercials, i watched it, & now i watch it everyday.
  • About durn time, you tweak that script to be more real. I know you can only do certain things in TV but can we say surreal. Don't insult our intelligence writers, this is 2005, not 1968. Be real with yours, this show brought my interest back to watching,

I'm glad to see Bernie Mac show in sindication.
    The cast has finally mesh together and growing up with some sense. The begining shows looked a like a oreo's, until somebody stated are you "for real", that an'it go play to the average audience. Not in todays kids life, time out left with time up OK.
  • Great series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color and nearly depicts the turbulence and triumphs in many families . The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken familes and the positive things they can accompli

Great family series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color line and nearly depicts the turbulence in many families (along with the great victories). One major plus - The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken homes or familes and the positive things they can accomplish if someone believes in them (Bernie Mac & Wanda). This series is a modern version of the Brady Bunch.
  • When I watch Bernie Mac I feel like he isn't acting I feel like he is an uncle that's just talking to "America". I'm happy it's in syndication.

The Bernie Mac show is one of the best family shows on T.V. since Cosby. It's diffrent. He shows that a black family can go through normal things and I'm proud that it does that for people of color. I think FOX needs to respect it more. It is one of the best Friday night shows. I am glad that it wasn't canceled. Watch Bernie every Friday night!
  • A Great show

Another run of 1 of the kings of comedy. At first it was steve harvey,cedric the entertainer, and D.L. hughley. Now it's Bernie's turn. His show is still going strong. I looks forward to watching it. Him and his wife and the kids especially the boy. He's so much of a nerd. It's funny because bernie is trying to make him a man. It's a good show to watch
  • This show is not what it is hyped up to be.

3.1
    I went in watching this show with an open mind. Even though I do not like Bernie Mac as a comedian personally, I wanted to give his show a shot. I saw him in the Kings of Comedy and he was funny. But this show sucks. It is not funny. He shows fathers what not to be. How many "these kids are driving me crazy" statements can one man make. It is retarded to believe this show is loved by so many people. Obiviously, I am out of the loop. The same people who think this show is good also thought My Wife and Kids was good. I disgress. This crap makes me wonder why the Andy Richter Show was canceled. Bring him back and drop this show.
  • Awesome Show

Bernie Mac, a stand-up comedian both on the show and in real life, is on his way to becoming a memorable TV dad, combining traits of both Archie Bunker and Bill Cosby. He's a lovable grouch who’s just trying to maintain some control over his environment, which has become decidedly more difficult since he began raising three children. Bernie and his wife Wanda, a business executive, didn’t plan on being parents, but took in Bernie’s sister’s kids when she could no longer care for them.

Bernie and Wanda have succeeded in creating a loving family environment, but the kids constantly pose new challenges. Parenting issues, many of them highly relatable and funny, are the fodder of most episodes. Viewers and critics alike have responded well to this series: it won the Peabody Award, an Emmy for outstanding writing, and an NAACP Image Award, among numerous other honors.

The Bernie Mac Show is similar to Everybody Loves Raymond in that the dad’s foibles and complaints are a main focus of the show, except in this series the children emerge as full-fledged characters. Oldest daughter Vanessa is learning to drive and scaring her Uncle Bernie to death with her teenage interests. Pre-pubescent Jordan confuses his uncle with his peculiar ways and intelligence. And precocious Bryanna no longer wants to be called “baby girl,” in fact she wants her own room.

If you don't like Bernie Mac's comic style, you probably won't like this show. But many parents, teens, and older tweens will appreciate that this family of smart individuals teaches Bernie Mac as much as he tries to teach them.
  • this show is ok.

The Bernie Mack show needs to come back with a good season premier because last season wasnt the good. Probabaly because no 1 watched it. The episodes were scattered apart. The advertising for the episodes wasnt too good either. I hope the show doesnt get cancelled or end next season. But i dont know. This show is good minus the bad promotion.
  • A funny show about an ncke who adopts his two neices and nephews.

A man named Bernie Mac and his wife, Wanda tkae in their two neices, Vanessa and Bryanna, and their nephew Jordon. Their mother is a drunk addict and they either dont know their dad or he's dead, i think its that he os dead. This show funny. Bernie Mac always goes into his speacial room and talks to "America" on tv its funny because people recognize him when they see him and his family doesnt know about it. i like to watch it whenever it shows.I think that it is a show for people of all ages to watch for a giid laugh.
  • A new type of show.

The Bernie Mac show is about the Bernie Mac, a man who has taken three kids from his sister. The show is truley original with the way it's presented. I have never seen this on television in my life. The way Bernie Mac gives us his opinions and such inbetween the scenes is simply brilliant. Not only that, but the writers and the actors are truley a talented bunch of people who always find a way to make me laugh. I recommend this show to anyone who likes comedy, a good story, and just something entertaining. I hope the show continues for long.
  • I like it

I liek this show and think it will go on strong for a couple more years. It isn't the best show I have ever seen but it does have many funny moments and Bernie Mac being one of the Kings of Comedy is very funny in his show. The kids are a nice addition even though Jordan does get pretty annoying after watching the show for a little while but overall a pretty good show.
1 2 >