The Bernie Mac Show

FOX (ended 2006)

kikindoonoots

The Bernie Mac Show Fan Reviews (41)

• One of the worst shows I have ever seen. Sorry but it's the truth.

0.2
    First of all, i can't understand a word they are saying, im not being racist but they need to speak properly or ennunciate o_O.

When I do understand, im not laughing.
    I have nothign against Bernie Mac, hes a cool guy just the show isn't funny at all.

The son is a really annoying character. For a smart kid he is really stupid...and that isn't funny.

I don't reccomend this show to anyone i know, since it probably isn't for my age group, that would explain why I hate it.
  • This show stinks.

Sitcoms are all the same. Only this is one of the worse sitcom on the air. Berne Mac is annoying, ugly, and cannot act to save his life. The plot of this series stinks and they have some of the worst gimmicks yet. It is amazing to see what can go on the air. Please remove it and replace it something... else. Anything else.
  • This show is not what it is hyped up to be.

3.1
    I went in watching this show with an open mind. Even though I do not like Bernie Mac as a comedian personally, I wanted to give his show a shot. I saw him in the Kings of Comedy and he was funny. But this show sucks. It is not funny. He shows fathers what not to be. How many "these kids are driving me crazy" statements can one man make. It is retarded to believe this show is loved by so many people. Obiviously, I am out of the loop. The same people who think this show is good also thought My Wife and Kids was good. I disgress. This crap makes me wonder why the Andy Richter Show was canceled. Bring him back and drop this show.
  • its allrite

6.7
    i dont really enjoy but i'll watch it if the mood strikes yknow its not bad he can be funny at times like whn hes beatin the hell outta that little kid i like how he talks to the camera in those little parts they are the funniest parts

EROK
  • who u wit

the bernie mac show is about bernie and his wife wanda taking care of his sisters kids named bryanna,jordan and vannessa.for starters i would beat all three of them kids asses if they were my kids.bernie took them into his custody in californa from chicago so they can have better lives.jordan and bryanna cause destruction to the house.vannessa is a stuck up, disobeying, loud mouth, have it your way, kid.she acts like that she raised her siblings for a few years that she deserves everything she desire.But most of the time bernie do be tripping.vannessa cant never go no where of have friends over...well male friends.if it wasnt for wanda letting the kids get loose they'll be bored. most of the time the storyline is about how vannessa feels and how she gets treated like a baby but this show is worth the watch
  • a really good funny tv show and its sad that bernie is no longer here in the world he was really funny

the bernie mac show it stared out with them taking in the 3 kids and bernie would always have trouble dealing with them and venessa would always give him problems becasue she did not like him that much and was always inbarest by him and the son had some issues like he like the ribben sport instead of basketball and other things that bernie felt imbarest by him too. berie would always kinda do the typical things a tv dad would do make bad desions and the wife would have to go fix them and other things the show was hiliorious on alot of acations.which is why i gave it a 8
  • It was always funny.

The Bernie Mac show was just hilarious. I couldn't imagine how much I thought it was funny, because usually I don't like too many comedies. But this show was funny. Bernie Mac was a great lead for this series and the entire cast played off oneo another so well. They had really good chemistry. Jordan had to be the funniest character aside from B-Mac. Wow, he just cracks me up with all of his whining and complaining. He also isn't the brightest kid on the block, but that makes him funnier. Whenever I need a good laugh, I watch the Bernie Mac show because of its ability to be funny without trying too hard. Thank you.
  • Great show

I have always been a fan of Bernie Mac's stand up comedy. But when I found out he was going to be given a sitcom of his own, I did not know how well it was going to work.

After all some of his act is not what most would consider family friendly. But I was suprised to see that his show turned out great. I loved the way he interacted with the children in the show and the way his character tried to intimidate them.

It was very interesting to see what kind of trouble Bernie or the kids would find themselves in every week. Too bad the show did not last longer. At least it lives on in syndication.
  • The Mac-Man Cometh!

I may have never watched 'The Bernie Mac Show' if not for the block of shows played when I get off of work. To be honest, I was not impressed upon my first few viewings. Bernie Mac was just the show in between two of my other favorites, 'King of Queens' and 'That 70's Show'.. However, Mac has grown on me and I am now a religious viewer of one of the Original Kings of Comedy. I think the show is so enjoyable to me because it is based off of Mac's standup comedy routine and much of it from his personal experiences. There's no doubt Bernie Mac is the King of Comedy, which explains the longevity of this successful show. If at first you don't like this show, give it a few tries, you'll grow to love it..I promise ~KD
  • A new type of show.

The Bernie Mac show is about the Bernie Mac, a man who has taken three kids from his sister. The show is truley original with the way it's presented. I have never seen this on television in my life. The way Bernie Mac gives us his opinions and such inbetween the scenes is simply brilliant. Not only that, but the writers and the actors are truley a talented bunch of people who always find a way to make me laugh. I recommend this show to anyone who likes comedy, a good story, and just something entertaining. I hope the show continues for long.
  • Good show about a good comedian.

I'm glad this shows still on the air, I've heard many rumors about it getting cancelled.
    The Bernie Mac show is a funny show. It's great
    when Bernie talks to America, it usually brings a couple of good laughs, and it's hilarious when Bernie threatens to whoop, and yells at the kids. The show is about Bernie Mac having to take care of his sisters kids who's in prison for drug-use. The kids Jordan, Vanessa, and Bryanna, the kids bring good stories to the show, and often rise Bernie's blood pressure. The Bernie Mac show is a good show, I hope it lasts for at least a couple more seasons.
  • Funny but Underrated!!

This is a funny show
    Though a bit underrated
    I love Bernie Mac and after this show is done
    I predict he will be even a bigger star
    Following in the footsteps of his counterpart
    Cedric the Entertainer
    Great show about a family
    As well as moving in after their parents die
    Wonderful writing and acting
    Makes this show a treat to watch
    Glad that the show is on and hope that it will be on for many seasons to come!
  • A funny show about an ncke who adopts his two neices and nephews.

A man named Bernie Mac and his wife, Wanda tkae in their two neices, Vanessa and Bryanna, and their nephew Jordon. Their mother is a drunk addict and they either dont know their dad or he's dead, i think its that he os dead. This show funny. Bernie Mac always goes into his speacial room and talks to "America" on tv its funny because people recognize him when they see him and his family doesnt know about it. i like to watch it whenever it shows.I think that it is a show for people of all ages to watch for a giid laugh.
  • Cool show

It was a funny show, but not LOL funny. Bernie Mac , to me, is only mildly humorous a a comedian. He's a bit too abrasive for my taste, but not in a good way!

I liked the Vanessa and Jordan charcters. Bernie and fam were a strong family unit, and the love they had was genuine. Beyond that, there was nothing remarkable about the Mac man's show. I hope that the actors on this show (ALL) go on to very successful futures. Even the youngest child was quite effective in this roll. I think the show would've worked more if we could've gotten used to Wanda and Bernie's characters as a married couple without the kids, and also seen where the kids come from. That would've made the blending of the two families much more glaring.
  • this show is ok.

The Bernie Mack show needs to come back with a good season premier because last season wasnt the good. Probabaly because no 1 watched it. The episodes were scattered apart. The advertising for the episodes wasnt too good either. I hope the show doesnt get cancelled or end next season. But i dont know. This show is good minus the bad promotion.
  • I like it

I liek this show and think it will go on strong for a couple more years. It isn't the best show I have ever seen but it does have many funny moments and Bernie Mac being one of the Kings of Comedy is very funny in his show. The kids are a nice addition even though Jordan does get pretty annoying after watching the show for a little while but overall a pretty good show.
  • Solid show, I think it should be brought back.

The Bernie Mack show was a good show, featuring an uncle taking care of three children, one young, one middle aged,and one a teenager. I just think that some of the plots are repeated though, like for instance Jordan does something wrong and uncle Bernie goes irate, and later the problem is resolved. I just thin there should be other plots, like family vacations or something a bit different. I thin Bernie Mack is great and so are all the other characters, it is just that the show was not played enough in order to achieve and maintain good ratings. The show is however enjoyable and good for the family.
  • A great show about a black man.

I am always glad when the race barrier can be torn down and someone other than an annoying steryotipical honkey [I am white] gets a show that people watch. Bernie Mac is a great comedian and the show is great to. Also there is a intresting concept where Bernie talks to "America" which usualy delivers good laughs. Far more deserving than to be killed thei year, keep Bernie Mac going!
  • JORDAN. that makes me laugh so much.

Ah the Bernie mac show. i love this show so much. Your a top comedian. Then you take in your sister's kids. One bratty, one annoyiing and one being...well being a teen. I like this show because it shows the hardship and fun of being a father figure. And the negatives of once living a ghetto live. i love to see Jordan cringe when Bernie yells his name. Those three cause so much misheif. And Wanda representing as the mother figure. This show is a classic. Maybe as good as the Cosby show. good comedian+kids= good show that I'll watch over and over again.
  • I Miss This Show

Absolutely Hilarious!
  • Gives me hope for sitcoms.

The Bernie Mac Show is just a great show. Plain and simple, the cast is great, and the stories are better. The fact that the show doesn't take itself too seriously is what gets me...there are no "Very Special Episodes" or episodes that are blatantly obvious to get the viewer to cry...just good humor.

That's all i ever ask for in a sitcom...and if you do too, check this one out.

The best part of this show is that fact that race does not play a part of it. Any person, male, female, black, white anyone can watch and enjoy this show, that seems to be the problem with more sitcoms that are headed by black actors.

Great show.
  • A happy successful AfRIcAN AMErIcAn but not perfect family. I love them, since the Cosby show, I\'ve hoped that more positive portrayals would be available to our kids and network executives should know that we care for our children and some of us employ

I Love It. I Love The Characters and the plot lines. Give me something that I can relate to. Something that makes sense and not some of the crazy mess that\'s on tv today. Bernie Mac makes me laugh and so do the kids. And we want more Black Positive characters portrayed on television.
  • Awesome Show

Bernie Mac, a stand-up comedian both on the show and in real life, is on his way to becoming a memorable TV dad, combining traits of both Archie Bunker and Bill Cosby. He's a lovable grouch who’s just trying to maintain some control over his environment, which has become decidedly more difficult since he began raising three children. Bernie and his wife Wanda, a business executive, didn’t plan on being parents, but took in Bernie’s sister’s kids when she could no longer care for them.

Bernie and Wanda have succeeded in creating a loving family environment, but the kids constantly pose new challenges. Parenting issues, many of them highly relatable and funny, are the fodder of most episodes. Viewers and critics alike have responded well to this series: it won the Peabody Award, an Emmy for outstanding writing, and an NAACP Image Award, among numerous other honors.

The Bernie Mac Show is similar to Everybody Loves Raymond in that the dad’s foibles and complaints are a main focus of the show, except in this series the children emerge as full-fledged characters. Oldest daughter Vanessa is learning to drive and scaring her Uncle Bernie to death with her teenage interests. Pre-pubescent Jordan confuses his uncle with his peculiar ways and intelligence. And precocious Bryanna no longer wants to be called “baby girl,” in fact she wants her own room.

If you don't like Bernie Mac's comic style, you probably won't like this show. But many parents, teens, and older tweens will appreciate that this family of smart individuals teaches Bernie Mac as much as he tries to teach them.
  • This show is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bernie Mac Show is about Bernie and his wife, Wanda, raising three of sisters three kids.The oldest, Vanessa, that can't stand Bernie and vs. The middle child, Jordan, the nerd. And finally, Bernie's favorite,the youngest, Bryanna(baby girl). Wanda is Bernie's smart and booshy wife.Bernie talks from his den, to America. It is so funny. I especially like the little yellow arrows pointing to everything.I also like when Bernie and Nessa fight. That is so funny when they do. And baby girl gets away with anything. I wish this show still had new episodes.
  • Great series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color and nearly depicts the turbulence and triumphs in many families . The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken familes and the positive things they can accompli

Great family series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color line and nearly depicts the turbulence in many families (along with the great victories). One major plus - The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken homes or familes and the positive things they can accomplish if someone believes in them (Bernie Mac & Wanda). This series is a modern version of the Brady Bunch.
  • A Great show

Another run of 1 of the kings of comedy. At first it was steve harvey,cedric the entertainer, and D.L. hughley. Now it's Bernie's turn. His show is still going strong. I looks forward to watching it. Him and his wife and the kids especially the boy. He's so much of a nerd. It's funny because bernie is trying to make him a man. It's a good show to watch
  • Oh LORD!!

I love this show and am so glad that they have it in syndication. I actually started watching it after it was cancelled. Bernie Mac is hilarious as the guardian of his three trouble making nieces and nephew. I love his old Southern country approach to the children. Jordan is my favorite character! That little boy was a mess. I love when he goes into his asthma attack or throws a tantrum. Lol, my favorite ep is when Bernie Mac tried to teach him to stand up for himself and he started bullying people.\"I don\'t play, I don\'t play!\" and then Briana Bslapped him. Classic!Lol.
  • I love Burnie Mac. This show has every thing. A great lesson, comedy and some serious moments. The kids are great they all have there little personality\'s and the love that Barnie and his wife have for each other is great.

Every show is up to date with what is going on in the world today. Nessa as Burnie calls her is going though thing that we see young people going through today. The show about his birthday and her remembering not to ride with some one that had been drinking was heart touching.
  • Talk about a family show! This should certainly awaken and inspire your funny-bone. Bernie Mac has his own unique style, like no other. You may even see it as a modernized Bill Cosby family, in Bernie Mac style. Magnificent!

Bernie Mac's style is so unique. He makes me laugh everyday, watching reruns of the BM Show. He comes across so gruff and crusty but it always comes out with a thoughtful and caring lesson in loving and guiding your children and family through this uncertain world. And many of his skits are developed from his own life's story-line. He actually did take in his sister's three children. And his grandmother was a big force in his growing up. I believe the reference he made regarding the time was talking with his grandmother, who was very ill. And out of her tears, he saw her joy as she was turing her focus to a Bill Cosby episode. It was then and their that Bernie Mac decided he would become a comedian and bring such joy and relief to others. This is what I get and feel with every episode of the Bernie Mac Show. And it is the force that drives his TV series. And such a wonderful escape.
  • This was one of the last good shows that there was on TV. Now there is nothing but teenage gossip shows.

I miss this show so much, I am buying all the DVDs. What is great about this show, is I only have Season 1 DVD, but so far, I can't watch this season enough!
    His humor is way more than a step over any similar show and the character dynamic has never grown old. The hate-love-hate between Uncle Bernie and 'Nessa is priceless, but the squeaky voices from Bryanna and Jordan are the better part of why Bernie's attitude is hilarious, since they are only little kids.
    One can never seem to choose one episode to be their favorite, especially when they can barely choose one favorite on a single DVD disc.
< 1 2