The Bernie Mac Show

FOX (ended 2006)

kikindoonoots

The Bernie Mac Show Fan Reviews (41)

• This show stinks.

Sitcoms are all the same. Only this is one of the worse sitcom on the air. Berne Mac is annoying, ugly, and cannot act to save his life. The plot of this series stinks and they have some of the worst gimmicks yet. It is amazing to see what can go on the air. Please remove it and replace it something... else. Anything else.
  • This show is not what it is hyped up to be.

3.1
    I went in watching this show with an open mind. Even though I do not like Bernie Mac as a comedian personally, I wanted to give his show a shot. I saw him in the Kings of Comedy and he was funny. But this show sucks. It is not funny. He shows fathers what not to be. How many "these kids are driving me crazy" statements can one man make. It is retarded to believe this show is loved by so many people. Obiviously, I am out of the loop. The same people who think this show is good also thought My Wife and Kids was good. I disgress. This crap makes me wonder why the Andy Richter Show was canceled. Bring him back and drop this show.
  • who u wit

the bernie mac show is about bernie and his wife wanda taking care of his sisters kids named bryanna,jordan and vannessa.for starters i would beat all three of them kids asses if they were my kids.bernie took them into his custody in californa from chicago so they can have better lives.jordan and bryanna cause destruction to the house.vannessa is a stuck up, disobeying, loud mouth, have it your way, kid.she acts like that she raised her siblings for a few years that she deserves everything she desire.But most of the time bernie do be tripping.vannessa cant never go no where of have friends over...well male friends.if it wasnt for wanda letting the kids get loose they'll be bored. most of the time the storyline is about how vannessa feels and how she gets treated like a baby but this show is worth the watch
  • One of the worst shows I have ever seen. Sorry but it's the truth.

0.2
    First of all, i can't understand a word they are saying, im not being racist but they need to speak properly or ennunciate o_O.

When I do understand, im not laughing.
    I have nothign against Bernie Mac, hes a cool guy just the show isn't funny at all.

The son is a really annoying character. For a smart kid he is really stupid...and that isn't funny.

I don't reccomend this show to anyone i know, since it probably isn't for my age group, that would explain why I hate it.
  • its allrite

6.7
    i dont really enjoy but i'll watch it if the mood strikes yknow its not bad he can be funny at times like whn hes beatin the hell outta that little kid i like how he talks to the camera in those little parts they are the funniest parts

EROK
  • a really good funny tv show and its sad that bernie is no longer here in the world he was really funny

the bernie mac show it stared out with them taking in the 3 kids and bernie would always have trouble dealing with them and venessa would always give him problems becasue she did not like him that much and was always inbarest by him and the son had some issues like he like the ribben sport instead of basketball and other things that bernie felt imbarest by him too. berie would always kinda do the typical things a tv dad would do make bad desions and the wife would have to go fix them and other things the show was hiliorious on alot of acations.which is why i gave it a 8
  • Great show

I have always been a fan of Bernie Mac's stand up comedy. But when I found out he was going to be given a sitcom of his own, I did not know how well it was going to work.

After all some of his act is not what most would consider family friendly. But I was suprised to see that his show turned out great. I loved the way he interacted with the children in the show and the way his character tried to intimidate them.

It was very interesting to see what kind of trouble Bernie or the kids would find themselves in every week. Too bad the show did not last longer. At least it lives on in syndication.
  • The Mac-Man Cometh!

I may have never watched 'The Bernie Mac Show' if not for the block of shows played when I get off of work. To be honest, I was not impressed upon my first few viewings. Bernie Mac was just the show in between two of my other favorites, 'King of Queens' and 'That 70's Show'.. However, Mac has grown on me and I am now a religious viewer of one of the Original Kings of Comedy. I think the show is so enjoyable to me because it is based off of Mac's standup comedy routine and much of it from his personal experiences. There's no doubt Bernie Mac is the King of Comedy, which explains the longevity of this successful show. If at first you don't like this show, give it a few tries, you'll grow to love it..I promise ~KD
  • A new type of show.

The Bernie Mac show is about the Bernie Mac, a man who has taken three kids from his sister. The show is truley original with the way it's presented. I have never seen this on television in my life. The way Bernie Mac gives us his opinions and such inbetween the scenes is simply brilliant. Not only that, but the writers and the actors are truley a talented bunch of people who always find a way to make me laugh. I recommend this show to anyone who likes comedy, a good story, and just something entertaining. I hope the show continues for long.
  • Good show about a good comedian.

I'm glad this shows still on the air, I've heard many rumors about it getting cancelled.
    The Bernie Mac show is a funny show. It's great
    when Bernie talks to America, it usually brings a couple of good laughs, and it's hilarious when Bernie threatens to whoop, and yells at the kids. The show is about Bernie Mac having to take care of his sisters kids who's in prison for drug-use. The kids Jordan, Vanessa, and Bryanna, the kids bring good stories to the show, and often rise Bernie's blood pressure. The Bernie Mac show is a good show, I hope it lasts for at least a couple more seasons.
  • Funny but Underrated!!

This is a funny show
    Though a bit underrated
    I love Bernie Mac and after this show is done
    I predict he will be even a bigger star
    Following in the footsteps of his counterpart
    Cedric the Entertainer
    Great show about a family
    As well as moving in after their parents die
    Wonderful writing and acting
    Makes this show a treat to watch
    Glad that the show is on and hope that it will be on for many seasons to come!
  • A funny show about an ncke who adopts his two neices and nephews.

A man named Bernie Mac and his wife, Wanda tkae in their two neices, Vanessa and Bryanna, and their nephew Jordon. Their mother is a drunk addict and they either dont know their dad or he's dead, i think its that he os dead. This show funny. Bernie Mac always goes into his speacial room and talks to "America" on tv its funny because people recognize him when they see him and his family doesnt know about it. i like to watch it whenever it shows.I think that it is a show for people of all ages to watch for a giid laugh.
  • Cool show

It was a funny show, but not LOL funny. Bernie Mac , to me, is only mildly humorous a a comedian. He's a bit too abrasive for my taste, but not in a good way!

I liked the Vanessa and Jordan charcters. Bernie and fam were a strong family unit, and the love they had was genuine. Beyond that, there was nothing remarkable about the Mac man's show. I hope that the actors on this show (ALL) go on to very successful futures. Even the youngest child was quite effective in this roll. I think the show would've worked more if we could've gotten used to Wanda and Bernie's characters as a married couple without the kids, and also seen where the kids come from. That would've made the blending of the two families much more glaring.
  • Solid show, I think it should be brought back.

The Bernie Mack show was a good show, featuring an uncle taking care of three children, one young, one middle aged,and one a teenager. I just think that some of the plots are repeated though, like for instance Jordan does something wrong and uncle Bernie goes irate, and later the problem is resolved. I just thin there should be other plots, like family vacations or something a bit different. I thin Bernie Mack is great and so are all the other characters, it is just that the show was not played enough in order to achieve and maintain good ratings. The show is however enjoyable and good for the family.
  • Gives me hope for sitcoms.

The Bernie Mac Show is just a great show. Plain and simple, the cast is great, and the stories are better. The fact that the show doesn't take itself too seriously is what gets me...there are no "Very Special Episodes" or episodes that are blatantly obvious to get the viewer to cry...just good humor.

That's all i ever ask for in a sitcom...and if you do too, check this one out.

The best part of this show is that fact that race does not play a part of it. Any person, male, female, black, white anyone can watch and enjoy this show, that seems to be the problem with more sitcoms that are headed by black actors.

Great show.
  • A happy successful AfRIcAN AMErIcAn but not perfect family. I love them, since the Cosby show, I\'ve hoped that more positive portrayals would be available to our kids and network executives should know that we care for our children and some of us employ

I Love It. I Love The Characters and the plot lines. Give me something that I can relate to. Something that makes sense and not some of the crazy mess that\'s on tv today. Bernie Mac makes me laugh and so do the kids. And we want more Black Positive characters portrayed on television.
  • Awesome Show

Bernie Mac, a stand-up comedian both on the show and in real life, is on his way to becoming a memorable TV dad, combining traits of both Archie Bunker and Bill Cosby. He's a lovable grouch who’s just trying to maintain some control over his environment, which has become decidedly more difficult since he began raising three children. Bernie and his wife Wanda, a business executive, didn’t plan on being parents, but took in Bernie’s sister’s kids when she could no longer care for them.

Bernie and Wanda have succeeded in creating a loving family environment, but the kids constantly pose new challenges. Parenting issues, many of them highly relatable and funny, are the fodder of most episodes. Viewers and critics alike have responded well to this series: it won the Peabody Award, an Emmy for outstanding writing, and an NAACP Image Award, among numerous other honors.

The Bernie Mac Show is similar to Everybody Loves Raymond in that the dad’s foibles and complaints are a main focus of the show, except in this series the children emerge as full-fledged characters. Oldest daughter Vanessa is learning to drive and scaring her Uncle Bernie to death with her teenage interests. Pre-pubescent Jordan confuses his uncle with his peculiar ways and intelligence. And precocious Bryanna no longer wants to be called “baby girl,” in fact she wants her own room.

If you don't like Bernie Mac's comic style, you probably won't like this show. But many parents, teens, and older tweens will appreciate that this family of smart individuals teaches Bernie Mac as much as he tries to teach them.
  • Great series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color and nearly depicts the turbulence and triumphs in many families . The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken familes and the positive things they can accompli

Great family series that depicts many family settings. This series goes beyond the color line and nearly depicts the turbulence in many families (along with the great victories). One major plus - The Bernie Mac Show really hihlights children from broken homes or familes and the positive things they can accomplish if someone believes in them (Bernie Mac & Wanda). This series is a modern version of the Brady Bunch.
  • A Great show

Another run of 1 of the kings of comedy. At first it was steve harvey,cedric the entertainer, and D.L. hughley. Now it's Bernie's turn. His show is still going strong. I looks forward to watching it. Him and his wife and the kids especially the boy. He's so much of a nerd. It's funny because bernie is trying to make him a man. It's a good show to watch
  • Oh LORD!!

I love this show and am so glad that they have it in syndication. I actually started watching it after it was cancelled. Bernie Mac is hilarious as the guardian of his three trouble making nieces and nephew. I love his old Southern country approach to the children. Jordan is my favorite character! That little boy was a mess. I love when he goes into his asthma attack or throws a tantrum. Lol, my favorite ep is when Bernie Mac tried to teach him to stand up for himself and he started bullying people.\"I don\'t play, I don\'t play!\" and then Briana Bslapped him. Classic!Lol.
  • I need this show for my night to go right. I can relate to it so well. I have a child (and niece's and nephew's too)and it feels good to know that even celebrity parents can get fed up with their kids every now and again.

I recently found out that "The Bernie Mac Show" was getting pulled and Tyra's show was in its place. I am utterly and completely devastated. Bernie is hilarious, he was and still is the king of comedy. I was elated when he finally got his own show. I also like the way he slips in a few old jams. If I knew that lame ol' Tyra show was taking his show's place I would've commented long time ago. Please tell me what to do in order to stop this madness. I enjoy watching Bernie even when he was on "Def Comedy Jam" and I want to continue watching (even if it is in syndication) at 5:00 and 5:30 Monday-Fridays on the formerly WB soon to be CW. Thank You.
  • Please Bring this show Back!!! It is a show that makes you laugh when you are down!!! I love this show, why did they have to take it off!!! Bring it Back! Bring it Back!! Bring it BACK!

This show is definitely underated, it is a classic. I don't think this show should have been canceled. I didn't watch T.V., until I caught a glimpse of the show! I became addicted. I think they should bring it back, There is no reson it should have been canceled. If you want families to start back watching T.V. Bring back this good clean Comedy.
    Bring The Mac Clan Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • To bad they cut the show it was very interesting and funny like hell. I used to never watch comedy but The Bernie Mac Show made me watch comedy. I didnt even see the series finale I hope it was good.

Great show i hope they bring another show like this one. Sometimes i hated the kids. Its a shame they cut the show wish they didnt. i hope bernie makes a movie or something. I think the way they had a lot of celebrity guest apperiences was a great idea.
  • A segment based loosely on his life, comedian Bernie Mac brings his comedy to family t.v. - and succeeds.

The Bernie Mac Show is belly aching laughter and entertainment for the entire family. When you hear the name 'Bernie Mac' you might have an instant flashback of the edgy comedian busting thru censorship limits as an Original King of Comedy. And with such flashback you wonder - "How can HE possibly do family t.v.?"

But if you know Bernie Mac, you know he's not only a talented comedian but actor who birthed his family style of entertainment with a regular guest role on UPN's Moesha. So being family-friendly isn't that difficult of a task.

The Bernie Mac Show has a great cast lineup. The children are lovable, entertaining and easy to relate to and Bernie's partner in parenting the lovely Wanda Mac (played by Kellita Smith) holds her own weight on the show as well.

There's much potential for the show. It rarely disappoints and provides easy to relate to story lines for both the parent and non parent to laugh to.

If you're searching for a good show with lots of laughs that you and the family can enjoy - give "The Bernia Mac Show" a quick look. Afterall America Bernie Mac says what you're scared to say! :-)
  • Bernie Mac is funny, funny, funny. I am hooked, and glad I stumbled on the show's reruns, thank you WB.

This is one fantastic show. Bernie Mac is convincing as a Dad, although he's the kids uncle, he has taken on the role of Dad in lieu of his sisters inability to parent her children due to personal addictions. In comes Bernie Mac who takes on the responsibility along with his wife Wanda, (played by Kellita Smith). The shows ensemble cast is perfectly matched, and the children played by; Camille Winbush .... Vanessa "Nessa", Jeremy Suarez .... Jordan Thomkins, Dee Dee Davis .... Bryana "Baby Girl" Thomkins, listed oldest to youngest, are fantastic match to challenge Bernie. Truly a wonderful show filled with laughs as well as manages to touch on serious subject matter. The beauty of it is that Bernie even having been saddled with the responsibility that he hadn't planned on rather opting for a life without children where he and his wife are more free to focus on their careers takes on the children as a matter of family obligation and responsibility in doing what's best, and right for the children. Yet, even as awkward as it may be for the children to up and move from Chicago to Los Angeles to live with their uncle as it is for Bernie to raise children having had no experience nor ever planning on ever raising children, Bernie takes on the responsibility. Things manage to fall right into place fine, although at times along the way Bernie fumbles up a little, yet he always manages to recover fine. The children albeit an adjustment for sure, manage to adapt to Bernie's parental role rather well although the oldest is the one to challenge him as a parent the most from the beginning, but even so she comes to accept him as a parental figure. Bernie manages to father the children without assuming the role of father rather to keep himself as Uncle Bernie, in title only, so that the children will see their Mother one day again and know that is their Mother. Touching on that subject only rarely as the Mother is considered in Chicago and has no regular physical contact with her children though it's assumed contact is periodically maintained by phone. On various trips to Chicago the show doesn't bring the Mother into the show as she is struggling with her addictions, and in rehabs. All throughout the show Bernie Mac manages to convincingly maintain one very important theme that is always powerful, and that is "Family Sticks Together No Matter What". No matter his and Wanda's career, nor whatever situation that arises with the kids, nor any inconveniences that is imposed, family comes first and foremost, and that is theme we can never get too much of. Great job to the writers, producers, and cast for a great family comedy show, great job Bernie Mac.
  • The humor splits my sides.

The Bernie Mac Show is probably the only show on the WB that i watch. The show has comedy that will keep you laughing for a long time. I wasn't intrested in it at first but after i saw the commercials, i watched it, & now i watch it everyday.
  • About durn time, you tweak that script to be more real. I know you can only do certain things in TV but can we say surreal. Don't insult our intelligence writers, this is 2005, not 1968. Be real with yours, this show brought my interest back to watching,

I'm glad to see Bernie Mac show in sindication.
    The cast has finally mesh together and growing up with some sense. The begining shows looked a like a oreo's, until somebody stated are you "for real", that an'it go play to the average audience. Not in todays kids life, time out left with time up OK.
  • this show is ok.

The Bernie Mack show needs to come back with a good season premier because last season wasnt the good. Probabaly because no 1 watched it. The episodes were scattered apart. The advertising for the episodes wasnt too good either. I hope the show doesnt get cancelled or end next season. But i dont know. This show is good minus the bad promotion.
  • I like it

I liek this show and think it will go on strong for a couple more years. It isn't the best show I have ever seen but it does have many funny moments and Bernie Mac being one of the Kings of Comedy is very funny in his show. The kids are a nice addition even though Jordan does get pretty annoying after watching the show for a little while but overall a pretty good show.
  • A great show about a black man.

I am always glad when the race barrier can be torn down and someone other than an annoying steryotipical honkey [I am white] gets a show that people watch. Bernie Mac is a great comedian and the show is great to. Also there is a intresting concept where Bernie talks to "America" which usualy delivers good laughs. Far more deserving than to be killed thei year, keep Bernie Mac going!
< 1 2