The Beverly Hillbillies

Back to the Hills

Aired Unknown Sep 24, 1969 on CBS

• Let The Man Have A Bowl Of Cereal Already!

This is one of my favorite episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies. Because the ugliest, once called the prettiest, girl in the hills is getting married, Elverna Bradshaw's daughter Bigmouth, who is two days younger than Elly May, Granny is set on going to the hills to find Elly May a man. During all this, Jethro is becoming a college man. He has joined a group of hippies and is protesting the school. Granny was afraid that a mountain lion, a new pet of Elly, ate Jethro. And the best part, my favorite part, is Jed trying to eat a simple bowl of cereal. But every time he does, something happens and he has no success. To me, that was what made this show so funny. That and Jethro saying college will be more fun when he can tell the boys and girls apart. Jed trying to eat the cereal each time and being caught by someone, mostly Granny, who believes he is stuffing his face when in reality he has only had a few spoon fulls here and there. This is one of the silliest episodes of the entire season!