If Jethro is so STUPID how can he drive the truck???

vidking

[1]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 5

In ONE episode Ellie CANT learn to drive she goes when its red and stops when it green. I thought JETHRO was supposed to be the STUPID one.

ALSO in the 90's movie the Hillbillies don't know what the middle finger means and thinks its a greeting. But when that lady

says "Happiness is hard to find" Jed says WHAT did you say??? OH Happiness! That don't MAKE since DOES it ? IF the

Hillbillies knew WHAT that ***** word means WOULDN'T they know WHAT the middle finger means??? and You would think

Hillbillies invented the middle finger.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aesgaard41

[2]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 34
    Jethro isn't stupid. He's just sort of got a one-track mind. He thinks... just "differently." I played him in a high school play

TheDiamondDog

[3]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 61

aesgaard41 wrote:
    Jethro isn't stupid. He's just sort of got a one-track mind. He thinks... just "differently." I played him in a high school play

A Beverly Hillbillies play? That's cool.

But I agree, Jethro isn't stupid. He just isn't as smart as he believes he is. And he lacks common sense.

aesgaard41

[4]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 34
    It was probably more of a boy scout skit. All I recall is going "gosh Uncle Jed" and getting wacked with a hat and kicked. Frankly, I'd rather play Jed. He got the better lines in the series.

TheDiamondDog

[5]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 61

As a girl, I'd wanna play Granny. She too has better lines, and more physical comedy than Elly May. Granted it'd be a lot of make-up to look like Granny, but her character would be fun.

revbucky

[6]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 22
    aesgaard41 wrote:

You're right on the money.

vidking

[7]Jan 12, 2010
    remember in one jethro says marijana sause meaning somthing ealse and jethro saying hail to the king and granny telling him don't cuss the king...... or granny with hippie telling them to smoke crawdads and telling the cops first i need a little pot SHE means a pot to smoke the crawdads in the cops think she mean the drug!........ i'v noticed the stuff done for laughs then would not be as funny today would it?? I mean Granny's cooking right today you caould buy the stuff granny cooked and used for medicane at a new age store probly.... and the hillbilles would not be kooks there are probly worse kooks then that living in califorina right NOW in this age......these hiillbillies would fit in today....or would be normal there now......or boring.....

BurtonRhodes

[8]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 1

yes it did make sine stuppid head he thougt she said a penace is hard to find if you lisend close enough you wold know that

vidking

[9]Aug 6, 2011
    What I meant is Jed thinks she's saying a penis is hard too find right? If he knows what a penis means he's surly would know what sticking the middle finger up means wouldn't he?? That part did not make any sence in this movie. That's what I was talking about. That's why was pg13 I believe.

vidking

[10]Aug 6, 2011

I mean if Jed knew what the word penis meant he would more than likely know be smart enough to also know that sticking up your middle finger was not a greeting at all. See what I mean.

vidking

[11]Aug 6, 2011
    I am talking about in the movie from the 90's.

BlackTulip009

[12]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 12
    Why in the world would you assume that just because someone knows what the word penis means, that he would also be aware of what the middle finger means? o.O They're kind of related, sure, but there's no reason he'd have to know both...

RoySummers

[13]Feb 24, 2013
    In a new episode Jethro runs for president of the USA on the possem party ticket and get's elected!!!..... Jethro has everbody eating crow....literally.hee haw that would be funny!!!!!.....

RoySummers

[14]Feb 24, 2013
    oh .... what i ment to say is that southern people usually cuss and swear and tell dirty jokes... ones i see do anyway... and more than likely they would know what the middle finger sticking up meant..... but some would problly not know what penis ment they would probly call that something ealse...... because they don't have much education.... hillbillies are problly the ones who origanted the middle finger thing..... you know.....

RoySummers

[15]Feb 24, 2013

Hey if they ever do another remake of this show i hope they don't turn it into another dukes of hazard that's not what this show was about it was different than that......

archangelwho

[16]Jan 3, 2015
    • level: 18

I grew up in the south in the 1960s on a mill hilland most people late 20s and older did not know what the middle finger stood for. If you take the fact of them being from the hills and cut off chances they never seen the middle finger being used that way until they came to the city. The middle finger used was started by the hippies was notused as much in the 60s as movies and TV was lead one to believe. Yes, you see little old ladies using it today but that does not mean it was in great used in the 60s. Also we did not set around cussing and tellingdirty jokes either. That was more of a north east Yankee thing.

As for Jethro he had his limitations but was more of a victim of his childhood environment not transferring into the big city environment. If he has stayed in the hills he most likely had done okay for himself and his family within the norm there.