The Beverly Hillbillies

CBS (ended 1971)

MacDeacon

The Beverly Hillbillies Fan Reviews (29)

• The irony of this show is that it is just so literal! If you listen to the lines of the characters, you can see how literal they interpret everything. Do country folk really interprete things this way? Who knows! But lots of fun anyhow.

I loved watching this show every Friday night in prime time back in the day. I enjoy catching the Saturday mini marathons when they are on. I do enjoy the honesty of the characters and how the Clampets were portrayed as so very unpretentious. Even though they were living in the "Hills" of Beverly, they held fast and true to their old fashioned, down home morals and values. That is something to say for a family who has gone from rags to riches - then or now. I do enjoy the literal content of the script and am constantly surprised each time I watch an episode how the comedy was mixed with literal references for adults. This wonderful writing combination made the show entertaining for children and for adults, resulting in a great all around family show.