The Bible Forums

The History Channel (Mini-Series 2013)

Are you watching The Epic Show "The Bible" on The History Channel?

Are You Watching "The Bible" on The History Channel?

ekim726

[1]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 9

Lets see if the Fans at TV.com are aware of this Epic Series or did the Staff here at TV.com Drop the ball with this show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lady_catseyes

[2]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 10

I just finished the first episode and may I just say this is a delightful romp through the Bible. As someone who grew up as a fair-weather church goer (IE whenever I stayed at Grandma's house) its been a long time since the Bible and I had a sit-down chat. Now, seriously, if they'd read the Bible like this show does, I'd have been butt-in-pew every week. Kick-butt ninja angels, sword fighting, superstar Moses, the Angel of Death, heck yeah. EVERYONE should be watching this. You don't even need to be Christian to enjoy this. I too, am surprised TV.com gave voice to Vikings (same channel, same premiere-- which I'm watching too) and gave little voice to The Bible.

orentini

[3]Mar 8, 2013
    • level: 12

I don't like the fact that "The Bible" is portrayinga Jesus-esque character as the biblical GOD, kinda offensive for non-Christians..

MatthewRaiche

[4]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 5

As an atheist who has read the first two books of the bible, word for word (I'm reading all of it. I'm not cherry-picking as you apologists who believe in this stuff do.). I'm dissappointed in this show, but I do find it entertaining. I like some of it, but if it skips over the story of thatDB known as Jacob, then I will have to give up.

I do agree with lady_catseyes about the ninja angel, though. That guy was badass!

Edited on 03/22/2013 7:05am

stanking

[5]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 10

orentini wrote:

I don't like the fact that "The Bible" is portrayinga Jesus-esque character as the biblical GOD, kinda offensive for non-Christians..

Well, considering that the Bible portrays Jesus that way, wouldn't you expect "The Bible" to do so? It's a telling of the story, not a documentary. And Jesus himself said that he would be a stumbling block and an offense. No real surprises here.

goldtop2007

[6]May 2, 2013
    • level: 14

What a wonderful idea and production, it's just what I've been looking for: an easily understandable summary of the biblical texts.

Although I don't belong to any church, so much of the theology speaks to my heart. We are spiritual beings first and full most, and I think God is too great to be contained in any one religion. Each has its own piece of the puzzle. What matters is that you open your heart to let God's love and healing through and be a loving person in this life.

In these difficult times that is where we have to turn.

Great job by the History Channel - spread the word!

antdude

[7]Apr 4, 2015
    • level: 28
    I am finally watching it since I lost the dead DVR's recordings a couple years ago.