A The Big Bang Theory Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS

On Wednesday, it was CBS's turn to show off its plans for the fall season, and after last season's slightly experimental lineup, it's back to the yoosh for The Eye. And that means lots and lots of multi-camera comedies and more traditional procedural series. 

Mondays were blown up almost entirely with the departure of Supergirl over to The CW, and comedy is moving back in. CBS will join ABC in having two two-hour comedy blocks per week, with The Big Bang Theory helping to launch the new Kevin James comedy Kevin Can Wait starting at 8pm until it moves back to Thursdays in October once Thursday night football is done. After that, Kevin slides up and leads into Matt LeBlanc's new series Man With a Plan for an hour of old sitcom stars realizing that raising a family is hard. Fading comedies 2 Broke Girls and The Odd Couple fill the next hour, and Scorpion moves back an hour to 10pm. 

Elsewhere, Michael Weatherly's new "The life of Dr. Phil" drama Bull will be sandwiched between two NCISes on Tuesday, Joel McHale's new comedy The Great Indoors will get the Big Bang bump on Thursdays, new reboot MacGyver kicks off Friday nights, and NCIS: Los Angeles moves to Sundays.  

Training DayDoubtCriminal Minds: Beyond BordersThe Amazing Race, and Undercover Boss are all being held for midseason.

CBS'S 2016-2017 Fall Schedule
New shows are in ALL CAPS. 

MONDAY

8-8:30pm: The Big Bang Theory KEVIN CAN WAIT (starting in October)

8:30-9pm: KEVIN CAN WAIT MAN WITH A PLAN (starting in October)

9-9:30pm: 2 Broke Girls 

9:30-10pm: The Odd Couple

10-11pm: Scorpion

TUESDAY

8-9pm: NCIS

9-10pm: BULL

10-11pm: NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY

8-9pm: Survivor

9-10pm: Criminal Minds

10-11pm: Code Black

THURSDAY

8-11pm, ET/5-8pm, PT: NFL Thursday Night Football (Premieres Sept. 15)

8-8:30pm: The Big Bang Theory (Starting Oct. 27)

8:30-9pm: THE GREAT INDOORS (Starting Oct. 27)

9-9:30pm: Mom (Starting Oct. 27)

9:30-10pm: Life in Pieces (Starting Oct. 27)

10-11pm: PURE GENIUS (Starting Oct. 27)

FRIDAY

8-9pm: MACGYVER

9-10pm: Hawaii Five-0

10-11pm: Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

8-9pm: CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9-10pm: CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10-11pm: 48 HOURS

SUNDAY

7-8pm: 60 Minutes

8-9pm: NCIS: Los Angeles

9-10pm: Madam Secretary

10-11pm: Elementary

What shows will you be watching come fall?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/19/2017

Season 10 : Episode 13

76 Comments
Comments (78)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
wait a minute...What happened to The Amazing Race?
Flag
I HATE having shows on Sunday as that damn football ALWAYS screws up the night
Flag
LIMITLESS
Flag
I have to wonder sometimes if the network even look at that what the fans like and don't - it wouldn't hurt them to look at some of the fan sites and find out what really going on, to cancel some shows and replace them with the shows that have no chance of making it pass the first 3 eps seem like a waste of resources to me
Flag
Might as well shut down CBS with that lineup lol..what a bunch of no good crap
Flag
Ziva is not gone tony will find her in a moment of Gibbs covering ducky for him being a member of U.n.c.l.e get it
Flag
Most boring lineup ever. Where the eff is Limitless? Is this gonna be another Forever?
Flag
Uhg, and CBS is trying to sell Limitless, right? Not sure what to think about that :\ It was pretty much the only new show last season I REALLY enjoyed.
Flag
A lot. TBBT, probably the new aging actor as dad comedies, Scorpion, NCIS, Bull, The Great Indoors, Madam Secretary & Elementary. We'll have to record the news, too, to make sure we get all our Sunday shows during football season.
Flag
Right I'm sorry but someone will have to explain the network logic to me.
At the moment I still have 3 NCIS shows along with Blue Bloods Scorpion and Hawaii Five-0.
Now I KNOW SOME SAY Moving to Sunday night is bad what with all the football but since I'm not a fan of any kind of sport it does not bother me.
However what is getting to me is this new show about Dr.Phil which is replacing Limitless WHY???
Flag
TBBT & maybe MacGyver.
Flag
more new "garbage" and low rated older junk not worth watching. I'll pass. Can say the same for ABC, NBC FOX etc etc Guess once again I'll only be watching the walking dead, a few eps of Better Call Saul (still watching older shows and have not caught up) and a football game or two in the fall.
Flag
i'm guessing season 8 will be the final season cause sunday nights are where shows got to die
Flag
Uh-oh. NCIS: LA will soon get the boot. But considering that both Elementary and Madam Secretary is on later that night, my bet's on Elementary for the next show to be cancelled. Sunday 10pm is a bad, bad spot to be with the whole Football Sunday messing with the schedule. Just like it did during the last season of the original CSI.
Flag
How am I just now hearing about a Joel McHale/Stephen Fry/McLovin' show? I will watch, even if it's terrible.
Flag
I hope it is not another bland network sit com that wastes a talented cast, like The Millers did.
Flag
Oh, I'm positive it will be. How can you look at that cast picture and not believe Stephen Fry is seriously slumming it? Haha, but I will be there for the glorious train-wreck anyhow.
Flag
The problem with Sunday's is that CBS shows almost never start on time - I gave up watching completely three years ago and while I like two of the shows I'm not sure it is enough to bring me back.
Flag
sticking with the only two existing CBS shows I watch: 2 Broke Girls and Mom... and I'll watch The Great Indoors because of Joel and I will give Pure Genius a 4-episode trial lol
Flag
So they renewed Scorpion, a mediocre simple repetitive show, for a 3rd season and don't want to renew Limitless? Rrright. It's like say no to healthy food and start eating shit.
Flag
because Scorpion had better ratings, and held those ratings while even more inane Limitless was falling week after week.
Flag
Limitless never had super bad ratings enough to cancel. And no rating will make Scorpion better, it'll remain spineless show without even a single decent character.
Flag
The ratings prove Scorpion is better. It has consistently performed. Most viewers do like the show.
Flag
I got flash news for you, bro: ratings NEVER proved the quality of the show. Like never ever. Scorpion is just dump simple show for simple people - this is why it has better ratings.
Flag
Eww. The pic from Joel McHale. Looks like hes going ot have back problems.
Flag
I'm having a morale dilemma, I like Joel McHale and usually support his projects but I hate Dr. Phil with such a primal savage distain that when I hear his "no-nonsense" psychology bullshit I claw my ears until the blood muffles the noise to a soft murmur . . . or I just pass out from anemia.
Flag
so, just watch The Great Indoors and skip Bull? lol you don't have to watch both :p
Flag
Is there a final decision on CBS pilots SECTION 13, and FOUR STARS? Canned, in redevelopment, or picked up for replacements?

New CBS shows I plan to watch are: MACGYVER and BULL. Then there are 17 returning (& summer & decision pending like LIMITLESS) shows that I watch.

Flag
This looks like a whole lot of crap. The new stuff anyway. I'll still watch TBBT, Hawaii Five-0 and Elementary, but even those have gotten pretty stale.
Flag
So does that mean Limitless is officially cancelled?
Flag
CBS is dropping it, but they're trying to shop it elsewhere. Not sure what that means for the show though :\
Flag
yes
Flag
I read the words "Youg Dr. Phil drama will replace Limitless" and i just can not understand how anyone can even think thats a good idea.
To me that sounds like a doomed show before the pilot even been shown.

Or is it an american thing? This facination of Dr. Phil?

Cause my friends just laughed when i told them about the show.

Guess this means next year i'll be back to only watching Scorpion and TBBT from CBS.
Maybe i'll check out MacGyver out off sentimentality.

Flag
It's not *this* American's thing. ;) If Bull is replacing Limitless and kills NCIS:LA (good, if unoriginal) well... there's really nothing I can do except stomp my feet and say, "You suck, CBS!".
Flag
Meant NCIS:NO. Edit feature please. :)
Flag
All I care about is Elementary and Hawaii Five-0 still going strong.
Flag
CBS is the station I watch the most. So, it will be my usual - Elementary, Big Bang Theory, Survivor, and Amazing Race (although I am losing interest in the Amazing Race, but it is a little useful for seeing places to visit). Not sure that the MacGyver reboot will do anything for me.
Flag
I'm not a fan of the "theme of the season" Amazing has done recently. This season was better than last seaon's "dating game" but the packaging into one theme seems unnecessary and forced.
Flag
LI. MIT. LESS!
LI. MIT. LESS!
LI. MIT. LESS!

Come on, CBS! I've been telling everyone I know about Limitless ever since I gave it a chance starting with its love letter to Ferris Bueller in episode 7. Throw it up on Netflix or Hulu so that people can get caught up, and give it a chance! It's a gem!
Flag
CBS is still shopping Limitless. Though they haven't come out and formally said CBS is cancelling it, if it doesn't get picked up somewhere else it's done. Which sucks because it was one of my favorite new shows, or shows altogether, this year.
Flag
Same here. I regretfully didn't give it a chance at first because I didn't see much potential in a show based on a movie that I considered "okay." When I heard about "Brian Finch's Black Op" though, I decided to tune to see what they did with it, and immediately fell in love with the show. I then went back and watched the episodes I'd missed, and made sure to watch it every every week. I've already watched the entire season twice because the episodes are so fun. I really hope it finds a home somewhere, but at least they gave it a decent ending.
Flag
Uhg, I'm so in love with this show. Even when the storylines were flawed sometimes, the creativity carried it to a higher level. Such a fun show to watch. Perfect mix of procedual 'detective'-like show, and comedic features. The only new show last season I started watching, and I can only hope another network (or Netflix or something) will pick it up. So much unused potential :\
Flag
I heard they were shopping Limitless, given that they apparently intended to renew Supergirl if the CW plan didn't work out, there is still hope. My fear is that its being benched for mid season and while it won't have the election to worry about interrupting the flow of story, there is still NCAA basketball which seemed to victimize it and then award shows. I have this idea that, yes, I know USA is all for its darker stories now but as a happy medium between the drama of Suits and the, well, I love Mr. Robot and it doesn't make me nervous like POI has been known to do, its dark, it might straddle the line in a way that those shows don't. I just don't see it fitting in on a lot of other networks, though I don't know the vibe of HULU or any other streaming service other than Netflix.
Flag
Step 1: Renew Limitless
Step 2: Rinse
Step 3: Repeat
Flag
macgyver ill watch
Flag
Limitless could wind up elsewhere. There's a number of cable channels it would be suited to. It's possible that CBS could also use it for it's online service. It's the sort of show that would draw online viewers. But even if it doesn't come back we at least got a satisfying series finale.
Flag
That's true, I'm glad they didn't put a cliffhanger into the finale or something. I really really hope the show will be back, but if it won't, at least we will have had a great series finale :)

(Still though: ARRRGHHHH! So many sucky shows on tv lately, and the ONE thing I liked because of it's creativity is this close to getting canceled &:| )
Flag
Being a fan of Joel McHale I might take a look at his new show. I will definitely be watching less CBS now that Supergirl has moved to the CW and CSI: Cyber has been cancelled. The only other CBS shows I will be watching are Hawaii Five-0 and Elementary.
Flag
They're really giving Bull as much chance as it can get. It's following the top rated show and hopes to catch the Weatherly fans from NCIS. I suspect it's initial ratings will be strong but drop fast. I would expect at least 13 episodes of it though, and because of it's positioning could even last a full season. But it's going to cost NCIS:New Orleans ratings in the process.
Flag
Kevin James is a regular fat schlub with a hot wife, coming to CBS... again.

Were it not for The Big Bang Theory, and maaaaaybe Joel McHale's new series, I would have nothing to view on CBS anymore.
Flag
Why does kevin james accept this TV projects ????
they are so bad for such a good actor ?!?!?!?!
Flag
For a second, when I saw Kevin James, I had the impression there was a King of Queens comeback. XD
Flag
The only two things I watch on CBS are Person of Interest and Supergirl. So..... No CBS for me next season, lol.
Flag
No CBS but definitely some CW!
Flag
Oh boy, so many things for my parents to watch.

I'm just waiting (as we all are) for the CW schedule to be revealed. I have no idea how they plan to squeeze all that stuff in, and I'm holding my breath for the gutpunch of iZombie being moved to 2017.
Flag
iZombie is coming back this fall.
Flag
I've only heard 'late 2016/early 2017' so far. :\ I mean, I definitely hope and think it will be back by October, but we can't know for sure without a schedule.
Flag
Crap, hadn't read the big news yet. THIS SUCKS. How can I wait this long for new eps of iZombie?! :|
Flag
How do you know without the schedule?
Flag
LIMITLESS GOOD RATED SHOW BUT CBS IS TRYING TO SELL TO ANOTHER BUYER OR CHANNEL BUT SAYS ITS NOT CANCELLED YET
Flag
Bullhonkey, man! Limitless brings me so much joy. Easily one of the few good shows to come out of the 2015-2016 network tv season.
Flag
With the end of The Good Wife and Person of Interest + Limitless likely gone, there's nothing on my CBS watchlist... And no promising dramas that I can see... Unless Pure Genius or Bull turn out to be better than they sound... Not sure...
Flag
Which would you rather watch: Limitless or Bull, about a young Dr. Phil who, I shit you not, possesses a physicality, feral intelligence and bruising candor that make him magnetic to women?
Poll

Flag
Hey, guys! Look! Dr. Phil checks TV.com!!

That's the only reason I can think of for Bull getting even a single vote....
Flag
I hate to tell you this, but my answer is "none of the above".
Flag
I'm pleased to tell you that "none of the above" is a better answer than "Bull". :P
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
"Coming up next: Training Day: The Series!"

One week later.

"We're sorry, but Training Day: The Series has been canceled!"
Flag
They're never sorry anymore.
Flag
Were they ever?
Flag
They at least pretended to be.
Flag
Ain't it the truth?
Flag
Oh my, The Amazing Race is being split in half. Guess that the 29 announcement didn't include a 30th season with it. I know Big Brother only has one cycle, but this can't be a good sign for TAR's future on the network.
Flag
What shows will you be watching come fall?

Hopefully Limitless.
Flag
Clearly on a different network, if at all. Effing CBS.....!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members