A The Big Bang Theory Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS
I don't care what Will Wheaton says, in every show we've all had that one couple, the one true pairing, the ship we will go down with and Leonard & Penny are mine. Since I'm not the only viewer of this show, and this is most certainly not the only couple on it either, I thought it was time to take a little poll. Vote for as many as you like for as many times you want to, but there can only be one winner: lets find out which is The Big Bang Theory's OTP!

poll

Comments (62)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jul 30, 2014
Shamy of course, the growing curve of there relationship is much more interesting.
Flag
May 11, 2014
Writing-wise, it is 100% Leonard and Penny from the start. How the couples actually work together is a different story, though.
Flag
May 11, 2014
I dont know why they never push that Raj was gay... Truly, It will have made so much more sens and they will have a lots of more storie to push with that
Flag
May 11, 2014
I think making him gay would've been the easy way out. Things is, no show has ever done Raj's story: the person that's always nesting for a home he can't share with anybody, that would make any girl happy...if he could only talk to them, the one being dismissed too early to get to know him, etc.

He's not alone because he chose to, but because he's being left behind by the people closer to him, yet he's defying every prejudice that comes along with the territory by one simple fact: Raj is happy.

...in a society programmed to believe you are worthless unless you're paired up no less.
Flag
May 12, 2014
In your story, what do we have there... A guys that no one want to be with because he is diffrent... That might be good if you want to watch like one or two hour of it, but after a while it might be very hard to watch... No that the guys is a bad guys or that he is not funny... But if no one want to be with him because he is kind of girlish what kind of joke a Funny show will have with him?? Raj is miserable over and over again! Raj got a dog that look like a cat and he like him... At some point, Raj is diffrent then the other Brainiack there, they should give him a story that match his choice a little bit.
Flag
May 12, 2014
But Raj isn't miserable, the audience might be if, like you say, it's painful to watch for them, but Raj himself really isn't.

He enjoys his work, he enjoys his parents, he enjoys his friendships, he enjoys his dog, he even enjoys girls's night out. He enjoys his life. That in itself is even more unique than the charcter itself.
Flag
Jul 30, 2014
Raj never could be from the start, his selective mutism towards girls is there for a reason. Else he wouldn't be able to talk to boys.
Flag
May 11, 2014
Leonard and Penny, some peolple say they are boring, but real relationships are boring if you watch them from outside...in real life yo don´t have drama all the time, it´s fine to see a couple that has being happy some time, not only ups and downs (I´m talking about last times, I know all the previous drama)
At first I didnt like Amy and Sheldon so much...they seem like cartoons, but now I can feel that they really are into the other, and I love how they relationship is evolving
Flag
May 11, 2014
I've always felt Sheldon was into Amy from the first moment he shared his personal space with her (he wasn't uncomfrotable with her touching him the way he was with others).

However, I agree: the best relatiomships will always look boring from an outsider's perspective.
Flag
May 11, 2014
My problem with Leonard and Penny is that realistically they're not a believable couple, other than that, they have their cute moments, but I find it hard to invest it them.

So for me, it's Sheldon and Amy, although I wish things would progress a lot faster than they have been between them.
Flag
May 11, 2014
Raj and Howard... definitely, Raj and Howard.
Flag
May 11, 2014
guess with the writer it would be Leonard and Penny but it doesnt matter how much they try to keep pushing that doesnt change the fact that they relationship is boring
Flag
May 11, 2014
Where's Raj and Howard on the poll?
Flag
May 10, 2014
I have to say Leonard and Penny coz I wanted it from the start, but the writers have squeezed all the romance out of it. The humour in general has been on a decline since season 4, but its my favourite comedy and I love the characters so I aint no hater!
Flag
May 09, 2014
Should've been a bigger poll. Sheldon-Penny. Penny will be set for life, and Sheldon will regularly get his ass kicked. Win-win. And Leonard will go off somewhere and suck. Win-win-win.
Flag
May 10, 2014
"And Leonard will go off somewhere and suck" Raj, while Cinnamon watches. Win-win-win-win-win.
Flag
May 10, 2014
Except that Raj could do way better than Leonard.
Flag
May 09, 2014
lol my OTP wasn't even on this list.. it's always been Penny and Sheldon for me. Penny and Leonard is the most boring pairing ever.
Flag
May 09, 2014
I'll take that as one vote for Howard & Bernadette!
Flag
May 09, 2014
I still imagine Sheldon and Penny. She knows how to handle him better than anyone except perhaps his mother - even Leonard is second when it comes to the level of intimacy forged in the early years of the show. And Penny would have no qualms getting Sheldon drunk and having her way with him :D
Flag
May 09, 2014
It would ruin the show like the love triangle ruined The Vampire Diaries. What I like about TBBT is that they don't manofacture drama
Flag
May 10, 2014
Hahaha, it wasn't the love triangle that ruined that horse shit.
Flag
May 18, 2014
To be fair, it wasn't the love triangle per se, but the stagnancy it brought to the story: you can only switch so many times between love partners before a show grows really old.

The best thing about The Big Bang Theory is that you believe the characters might be stagnant because they remain with the same love partner, but because the show explores the relationships rather than meet-cutes the storylines have only evolved since the pilot.
Flag
May 09, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
May 09, 2014
I was on the Penny and Leonard ship but after so many drama between them I honestly don't care anymore.
Flag
May 09, 2014
The lack of Raj/Stewart as an option saddens me.
Flag
May 09, 2014
They are a bromance...I think, one true pairing would be Raj & Howard.
Flag
May 09, 2014
Howard gave up that right when he tied himself down to that turd of a wife.

If he loses that particular nasty growth then team Rajolowitz is back on.
Flag
May 10, 2014
What makes them an OTP is that they can survive marriage, otherwise Howard and Raj would be just a bromance.

An OTP can survive anything!
Flag
May 10, 2014
Oh definitely. I was coming at the "shipping" aspect of this topic from a purely romantic standpoint.

I'm of the belief that Stewart could use the release, and Raj's bowels could use a good paint job. Not to put too fine a point on it, or anything.
Flag
May 09, 2014
I'll vote for Howard and Bernie. Just the journey we watch Howard go on from horny engineer to a happily married man is great.

Though went Shelton woke up the next morning naked in his bed after getting drunk the night before. My heart literally stopped thinking Amy was next to him.
Flag
May 09, 2014
Howard and Bernie are awesome, but they weren't from the beginning. And Raj did try to come between them as well.

Sheldon and Amy may be true to one another, but Stuart had to come between them for Sheldon to step up. That diminishes or enhances what they have? I wonder. A true pairing should be able to figure it out without a third party or not?
Flag
May 09, 2014
Penny & Leonard
Flag
May 09, 2014
sounds like from the comments, that write ins are not a choice
Flag
May 09, 2014

Big Bang Theory's one true pairing....

.........these two will be stuck with each other for life!......even if both got married and had kids.....they'll still be together.

Flag
May 09, 2014
I wanna see Raj and Penny again!
Flag
May 09, 2014
as I'm completely turned off to Leonard/Penny. I thought about that cliiffhanger ending and I'm fine with it. At least Raj and Penny could share similar interest like Sex in the City. Leonard has nothing with Penny, but buys her things.
Flag
May 09, 2014
I hope Amy leaves Sheldon and hooks up with Raj or someone else who will treat her much better than Sheldon ever will.
Flag
May 09, 2014
I'll take that as one vote for Penny & Leonard and one for Bernadette & Howard!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members