A The Big Bang Theory Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 19, 2016)

Production on The Big Bang Theory's eighth season has been delayed as the show's five stars continue negotiating their contracts.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the first table read was scheduled for Wednesday, but Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, and Kunal Nayyar are not returning to work on the CBS comedy until they reach a new deal with Warner Bros. Television.

"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory—which was originally scheduled to begin today—has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement.

Parsons, Galecki, and Cuoco, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are negotiating as a group and seeking salary increases up to a potential $1 million per episode as well as a cut of the back-end profits. Helberg and Nayyar are also negotiating together and seeking big raises similar to those given to co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch, who previously secured new deals with WBTV.

In March, CBS renewed The Big Bang Theory, which is the currently the number-one show on television, for an additional three seasons, contingent on the current cast returning. As of now, the one-hour season premiere is scheduled for Monday, September 22 at 8pm.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/12/2016

Season 9 : Episode 24

129 Comments
Comments (129)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Whatever the impasse is: just fix it!!!

There's nothing like this show on TV, some networks just wish there were...but there isn't.
Flag
I wish CBS would stand their ground with these spoiled rich kids and tell them $1million a piece PER EP is just too much - even if they have to delay the show til spring or take the year off. Besides - TBBT is only a shell of its former self as it's changed into a brooding show about romantic relationships instead of a snappy, smart show about nerds. I could care less if they ever make another BBT ep.
Flag
I agree with you. These actors are out of control with their ridiculous salary demands. NO entertainer is worth $1 million per episode. Even $325K is unjustifiable (that's more than many surgeons make in one year). I don't understand why they can't be gracious and happy that they're making a damn good living doing something they like and chose to do. Not many people on the planet have that luxury. The show has become stale and has ran its course, which makes the salary hike even more insane. It's time to pull the plug on The Big Bang Theory. If that ever happens, I wonder what the cast will say when they're making $0 per week.
Flag
1Million per episode? They're think they're F.R.I.E.N.D.S or something??
Flag
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash...
Flag
It's all just a ploy and everyone will ultimately re-sign. I just pray that the slim chance they don't and the show gets cancelled happens.
Flag
Yup. My observation exactly many posts ago - but I like your add-on that the show gets cancelled, since it sucks.

But it won't - it is the biggest thing on television, like Ralph Kramden, and it's already a done deal. The cast knows they have CBS over a barrel.
Flag
Wow, your stupid ass has been crying about this like a little turd for literally days now. Get the fuck over it.
Flag
Hey if Kutcher can get 750k for his lousy show, so why not try to get a million
Flag
No one is disputing the fact that the actors from one shit show shouldn't be getting as much money as the actors from another, even more shittier, shit show - plus Kutcher can't act his way out of a paper bag - the point of some of us is that BBT sucks. It hasn't been funny for years and years and years and years, ever since Amy forgot she was a genius and became an enabling victim to Sheldon, who became a narcissistic misogynist. Wow, the comedy potential in that scenario, right?

Bottom line #1, greed is good, if actors happen to be lucky, they get as much money as they can while they can and hopefully put a lot away for a rainy day, while other, better actors starve. Too bad on those better actors if their luck wasn't as good and their managers were assholes. They end up in The Old Actor's Home aka The Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital at 23388 Mulholland Drive along with Bud Abbott at the end of their days.

Bottom line b. (where did I just see a very old Paul Reiser in some shit show or movie where he was married to a very young woman, he invented that #1 and b.), it's already a done deal and we are just willing participants in the free publicity the scum behind the show are getting with this PR stunt.

Bottom line #3, Chuck Lorre is one smart fucker.
More +
Flag
"the point of some of us is that BBT sucks. It hasn't been funny for years and years" - so true.. it's funny from time to time - but nowhere near the quality of earlier seasons.
Flag
It doesn't matter how popular a show is, once production costs exceed profits, it gets cancelled. After 7 seasons, TBBT might still be posting big enough numbers to pay these kind of salaries today , but how long will that last? And once the ratings start to fall off, which they inevitably do, will any of the cast accept lower salaries to keep the show afloat? They should all go back and re-read the tale of the Goose with the Golden Eggs.
Flag
Their agents (and perhaps others) also get a percentage of that. And an actor's career is very uncertain. Any number of things could stop the show and their ability to earn more from the show. That being said, I also think it's too much money, but people like actors and sports figures and company executives make money based on what they bring in, not for the actual work they do.
Flag
Policemen, firemen, soldiers and dozens of other lines of work have uncertain futures as well. Their lives are in danger daily, and they're not making $1 million in a lifetime. These people in Hollywood are a bunch of jaded narcissists, with an overblown sense of self worth. And all of us play into their game every time we turn on the TV and watch these shows.
Flag
True about the uncertain career future. When I see stories like this, I always wonder if they know something we don't. Maybe they figure the show has peaked, and won't hold onto the number one spot much longer anyway. In that case, it makes sense to cash in now, while they're still on top, so they can all walk away rich after the next 3 year run.
Flag
It's one thing to ask for a reasonable raise but this is rich people bitching to become richer. And this is why I hate actors. Cuoco especially should be thanking her lucky starts. She's an AWFUL actress, has no comedic timing, and truly drains the shows energy. I can barely stomach watching scenes with her in them. And the faces she makes! Gah!
Flag
Cuoco is indeed a terrible actress. I can't stand her either.
Flag
And you're a Buffy fan. Marry me.
Flag
they should cancel the show and blame only the cast members.. and fans should be upset only at said cast members. 7M$+ a year isn't enough.. I need 22M$+ and additional profits.
Flag
Makes sense to me. Is it greedy, maybe, but I honestly I would do the same thing. This show is making this much money and I was actor I would probably try to get a million per episode too.
Flag
Reasoning like this is partly why the world is falling apart. If you can find even one iota of justification for anyone to make more money in one week than most people earn in their entire lives, you might want to step back and look at what's going on in the world outside of Hollywood.
Flag
If we keep on watching the advertisements, they will get paid the big bucks
Flag
Brilliant show and I certainly have no problem with how much they earn and can definitely see that it should be an equal salary, rather see networks put money into this than crappy reality TV!
Flag
I love this show... but seeing the numbers they are asking for each ep.. hm..make me think.. what would I do with such a huuuge amount of money :-)
Flag
Boy I don't think I would be complaining if I made 325,000 an episode. I say that's better then nothing. If they keep it up and not go to work they will be making nothing. The only people they hurting is themselves. Stop being greedy and be happy with what you got.
Flag
yes, greed should give people cancer.... oh wait... steve jobs might... nevermind
Flag
Don't worry about them making nothing. It's already a done deal. This is just a PR stunt for the free publicity. Working, isn't it?
Flag
Dear all,

When remunerations such as these are concerned, it is a human instinct to instantly pass moral judgment on the said remunerations' fairness.

Hence "the show sucks", "no, the show is wonderful", "the actors work their butts off", "they are useless as actors", "they make lots of money for the studio, channel" etc.

We are basically trying to decide whether or not they "deserve" such fortunes (in both meanings of the word).

I myself constantly make such moral judgments, considering as "deserving" people who made fortunes out of, say, writting a good book or baking good bread, as opposed to "less deserving" people like socialites, reality game contestants or "bad" businessmen.

In the end, however, such distinctions are not only purelly personnal, but also a bit dangerous. I should not try to impose my morality on anyone.

For better or worse, the "market", i.e. us as viewers, seems to appreciate these actors and this show (judging by the numbers) and it is only natural that they will try and get the most out of it before good fortune (and viewership) runs out.
Flag
Wow. I´m a big fan of movies/TV shows but I would never ever understand why someone pays them so much.. for what?? They are useless, they don´t do anything important or helpful.. I just.. don´t.. get it.. why not doctors, scientists, policemen, firemen etc? Why damn actors who are mostly nothing more then pretty faces?
Flag
It sickens me that "sitcom" actors earn way more than drama actors
Flag
Take the laugh track away and then lets see how funny they are!!!!
Flag
The Big Bang Theory doesn't have a laugh track. It is filmed in front of a live audience.
Flag
Daily Show/Colbert are filmed before a studio but still have a laugh track, gimme a break!
Flag
listen to it closely, its a track!
Flag
It's a PR stunt. The contract is already signed, they're already getting their million per, the PTB are just milking the free publicity now, because the media and the audience are stupid.
Flag
This show is holding back Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar. They're way more talented than the rest of the cast.
Flag
Funny,people are complaining that the actors of TBBT are asking for too much money,but the series makes a billion dollars in syndication alone(according to Variety)and where does the majority of that money go.....simple,into the pockets of the CEO,Board of Directors,big shots Executives who run the company and network,their lawyers and Chuck Lorrie.And don't forget,more money is coming in from first-run episodes and merchandise.But I guess it's all in how you see things in perspective.
Yeah sure,don't pay the talented actors their asking price(their raise) or even pay those who work hard behind the scenes in production, but instead let's make the billionaires more money off the hard work the actors and production people put into the series.
Flag
Not quite how it works. The studios finance a wide range of productions, most of which lose money. The big bonanza from syndication covers the cost not just of the show that makes it to syndication, but of all the shows that didn't.

In fact, most shows currently airing are losing money, because what the network pays to air them doesn't cover the cost of producing them. DVD sets helped, because they created revenues even for shows that didn't make enough episodes to effectively syndicate. Netflix licensing fees help a bit, too.

But for every show that gets a billion-dollar syndication deal, there's uncounted numbers of shows that did not.

Hint: Actors who are hard-working but are in shows that last only a season or two also get paid... by the studio... and they don't have to give any of it back if the show fails to show a profit.
Flag
I see your point but regardless if studios lose money or whatever,the CEOs,all top executives and such,are still rolling in the dough,still have luxuries like huge yachts and multiple houses around the world,keep their wives and mistresses in fur coats and jewelry.Look most people here on this site work for a company or corporation or for someone above them and they work hard for their money with little respect and few chances at raises.The point I was trying to make is that we the workers under management are taken for granted and bust our asses at work to make others look good and more money.And lets not go into corporations buying up companies,then down-sizing and putting good workers out on the streets,just to save a few bucks while they pat themselves on the back and give themselves bonuses.
Now,I'll give you an example of how fucked up our world is.......as of right now,I've been on sick leave for 10 months because I was over-worked and when I complained that I wasn't feeling well and was over stressed and asked if I could do something less stressed or even asked for a transfer, my bosses in their 3 piece suits said 'shut the fuck up and get back to work,you complain too much' and I eventually ended in a hospital,I nearly died.My mind and body were beyond exhausted.Thank God,I'm a union guy,or I would be out of a job right now.And again,all my bosses cared about was making money over the well being of their employees.And I did nothing wrong but work hard.
I believe,regardless if you're an actor,writer,artist,or someone with a 9-5 job,we should get paid what we deserve for the job we do,even if it means entertaining people.Sure SOME actors are spoiled,but when the cast of TBBT is making BILLIONS for CBS,there's nothing wrong with asking for a raise,especially since CBS CEO Leslie Mooves makes 69 million each year for someone who doesn't act or write for any series and yet,no one is complaining that he gets way too much money.Yeah,like I said,it's all in the way we see things in perspective.
More +
Flag
these people make me sick. They make enough an episode as it is , they are all basically set for life with the money they have earned and yet they are still being greedy and want more.
Flag
The actors probably deserve all that extra cash. For being subjected to act out weak scripts every single week. It's not easy. I bet even Sheldon is tired of doing the same overused Sheldon-isms for the nth time.
Flag
Umm, their work schedule is GRUELING. And the show is making an absolute ton of money for the network. They have EVERY right to get paid more for the work they are doing. It's not about being greedy, because yes, they are making a ton of money already. It's about being the driving force behind an massive influx of cash and not getting your fair share for the work you do. They sometimes have 16, 18, 20 hours days on set. For many MANY weeks and months of the years. Then get small breaks during the small hiatus, and a larger break during the big hiatus. But the time spent making the show limits what they can do, as far as other projects. And each year is another year older, as they head into the 8th season I believe. So that means they need to be paid what they're worth, because that money is going to last them the rest of their lives once this show goes off the air. Can they live off what they already earned? Certainly. But as much money as this show makes the network, they deserve to share in that wealth even more. Doesn't Ashton Kutcher make a million for Two And A Half Men? I think he does, and this show, in my opinion, is far better. Many MANY sitcom actors and actresses reach the million an episode mark when they have a show this successful and making this much money. Friends and Sienfeld, just to name two. So it's not about greed. It's about being paid your worth for making the show the hit it is, and for it making the amount of money it earns. Not greed, but fairness.
More +
Flag
so what? there are people with far more meaningful jobs and they dont get payed as much as these assholes
Flag
It's a PR stunt. The contract is already signed, they're already getting their million per, the PTB are just milking the free publicity now, because the media and the audience are stupid.
Flag
So you think the network executives should just pocket those profits as big fat bonuses, right? Because that's the alternative. The money is going to the network, and the network is paying the actors. The money they don't get isn't going to some humanitarian effort, and it's not going to you, or the crew. That's profit. And executives get bonuses based on profit. Are you saying they're more deserving than the actors?
Flag
The network executives have no stake; they get nothing from the success of the show because the network doesn't own it.

You've confused "production studio" with "network". They are not interchangeable, even where they do have common ownership (such as CASTLE and OUAT being produced by ABC Studios.)
Flag
I like The Big Bang Theory, but a million an episode???? DUMP IT!
Flag
I find these amounts of money simply disgusting. 300,000 $ per episode is more than enough. 1 million? Are you kidding me?
I mean, I know that this is Hollywood and actors are among the most overpaid people in the world but... gosh, sorry, I can't find no words for this. It doesn't even matter whether I like this show or the actors - it's just an overbearing and arrogant behaviour!
Flag
If the terrible cast of Friends can earn a million dollar each an episode I don't see why BBT can't at least their show funny unlike Friends.
Flag
"BBT funny unlike Friends" ?
"Terrible cast of Friends" ?
God help us all...
Flag
friends out does the big bang theory in every way
Flag
Your opinion, I couldn't stand Friends when it was on.
Flag
But you like it now???
Flag
They can. But BBT sucks, and the fact that a cast of a show that sucks, whether it is Friends or BBT, gets one million dollars an episode for work that isn't exactly rocket science or a cure for cancer is unconscionable in this day and age in America.

But hey, if the stupid people who watch this unfunny show are buying the products that the crooked advertisers are selling on the aforementioned unfunny show which will allow these actors to be paid a million dollars each to, wow, act, then by all means, they should get it.

If Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise can get 26 million dollars for a film (probably more now) when both stars (NOT actors) blow goats, you're right, why NOT actors in an unfunny show that sucks?

Greed IS good in America.

Flag
First of all 1 million per episode is a ridiculous amount of money.

That being said, clearly its the going rate for long running successful comedies. Charlie Sheen, the cast of Friends, Kelsey Grammer, Ray Romano, Tim Allen etc. all made 1 million or more per episode, hell Ashton Kutcher is making that now and he is not an original cast member on TAAHM. So I'm sure CBS fully expected to be giving out huge paydays to the cast. Clearly there are other factors holding up the negotiation. I fully expect that they will all come to some sort of agreement. It would be silly not too.
Flag
CBS doesn't pay the actors. They pay a fixed, negotiated rate for the right to air the show first. The studio takes that money, combines it income from other sources and produces the show, keeping the profit (if any). BBT has a profit. Most shows do not.
Flag
Quite right, 134sc. This is simply free publicity that we all lap up like thirsty idiots, and the very clever media moguls behind this stunt know full well the money will be paid and their free publicity - way to go, moronic media - will ensure a rapt audience for the first episode of this suck show.
Flag
I suspect what is holding things up is what % they want on the back end. Syndication is worth as much if not more than original airings. So they are probably figuring that out. I have to agree that 1 million is a sick amount of money, but I think that for all actors, athletes and anyone making seemingly way too much money but I would also take that money myself, to say otherwise I would be lying.
Flag
I knew i would see loads of hate of this news article. Fine, it's not the best comedy on TV, but it is still brilliant after nearly 8 years on the air. It still makes me laugh and Jim Parsons is a comedy legend IMO

I bet some of the hate is coming from people who love 2 broke girls.
Flag
Nope. BBT just sucks now, is all.
Flag
Nope you suck is all

Flag
Why would you need so much money?
Flag
Clearly you're asking CBS who are making tons of money with the show and its stars, right? ^^
Flag
Well, they could hire more personel and invest more in there company.

How many lower staff can you hire for a million per episode?
Flag
Yeah, give them more money and instead of putting the money to the bank they hire more staff just for fun, even if there's no demand. Corporations spend the money they get but people don't spend their money - that's how the system works, right? (Beware of sarcasm!)
Flag
That's one way to look at it... another would be that their performance is making tons of money for the network, and they want a raise. If they don't go after the money, the network will just get to keep more of it. Is *that* fair?

As or SImon and Kunal, maybe they're making less than Mayim and Melissa? They're more central to the show, so I could them going "hey, wtf? we should be making at least as much as they are."
Flag
Why can't there be a limit?

Do you want to pay more money to people or pay more people money?
Flag
Because that's not how it works. It'd unfair, but the actors are who the audience sees. The writers could push for money, and they have, if you'll remember the writers' strike that ruined a television season several years back. Crew though? They're behind the scenes. They'll replace those people in a heartbeat rather than eat into their profits.

It's like working for any other company. Legal and marketing will make tons of money, right? Customer service? If they make too much money, their jobs are handed to someone in India or The Philippines who's happy to earn 1/10 of what the American worker was making.

The studio is not gonna go "wow, we're making so much money. Let's give all the little people raises. They totally deserve them."
Flag
Haters gonna hate.

The show is still good. No, it's not like it used to be back in the first 3,4 seasons but it is still funny. And no, I am not being sarcastic. A million dollars per episode is reasonable considering how much the network is making just because of this show.

No one complained when Ashton Kutcher started making a buttload off of Two & A Half Men, which is the most HORRIBLE show ever created. Sorry, Chucke Lorre, but TBBT is his only good show on TV right now.
Flag
"Mom" is funnier (and more real). Can anyone here spell Chuck Lorre correctly?
Flag
You got to love the trolls. They just want to complain about the show they don't like and how these guys shouldn't make lots of money. Get in while the getting is good. This is something that everyone would do on their job if they could.
Hey trolls, there is a new review for Under The Dome up, go hate on that. LOL
Flag
Awwwww, poor little mdoz. Truth telling about BBT gets one labeled as a 'troll', eh?

Nice try, bro. BBT sucks and you know it.
Flag
That's an opinion,, nothing more.
Flag
Troll or not, it simply doesn't matter on this subject whether TBBT is a good show or not - it's way too much money.
Flag
it is a matter of opinion... as for labeling as a troll, at least own it, all people act like trolls at times....
Flag
Just one of the checks that they receive now per episode would solve so many of my money issues. So yea...I can't relate nor do I care if they get a raise or not. Just get back to work and stop being greedy.
Flag
That applies to movie actors, politicians, athletes...

Yeah, they're making a good bit of money, but the network is making a lot more off of them. Are you cool with the network keeping all of the profits and the executives taking him even larger paychecks?
Flag
I repeat: "So yea...I can't relate nor do I care if they get a raise or not. Just get back to work and stop being greedy." And that applies to movie actors, politicians, athletes, TV networks, and TV executives. And you can tell them I said so.
Flag
Million an episode is not unheard of for popular shows like this and if they lose cast members, especially Parsons, the show will lose many fans, including me. Sheldon is the glue of the show, work it out CBS, this is a big time money maker both new and in syndication. You will continue to make money for the next 3 years and well into the future as several channels show the reruns. -- As for any haters out there, look up the salaries of the actors on the shows you do like, you will find many of them are quite high.
Flag
No one is going anywhere, this form of ransom has been paid before and it will be paid now and will be paid in the future when another unfunny cast in another unfunny show holds their show for ransom. One for all, all for one.

Yes, but the shows I like are funny. BBT is not funny, it sucks.
Flag
they are funny to you... apparently you do not understand that your "troll" opinion only applies to you... lol
Flag
"wudntulik2know" is a troll. These pages are littered with his/her nonsense. At worst they are getting some weird kick out of winding people up they don't know, at best they have some sort of brain malfunction whereby they can't understand the difference between their opinion and univeral fact. Either way, best ignored
Flag
I find it funny he didn't like me calling him a troll. I just like messing with them sometimes and him responding just made it more fun for me.
Flag
sheldon ruined last season with his mind games his manipulations and his me me me me me me memememe every episode.... i dunno if parsons is an egotist jerk hole in real life but he needs to tone down his mania..
Flag
He is not like that in real life. I went to high school with him. It's this thing called acting... the actors are given a script and given direction, and then they perform. It's not like Jim just made up all of his lines and the cast and crew just decided to roll with it.

Sheldon has always been presented as childlike and immature despite his vast intelligence. Take the roommate contract, for example. That's been around since the very beginning, right? That document is all about what Sheldon wants and needs, and maaaaybe some compromises on his part. I guarantee though that the contents greatly benefit him more than anyone else.
Flag
We all see things differently, its what makes individuals so great. I didn't see it that way, but I can understand what you're saying. For me it has always been what Sheldon wants and in the recent season he has been forced more than ever to change and he cannot handle it so he becomes worse before he will get better. But like anything in entertainment, it is all subjective. And from what I understand Parsons is not like that, but unless you really know a person personally, how can you really know.
Flag
in the dance mob skit parsons has the last word after it's over...
Flag
The flash mob skit that was rehearsed and choreographed in secret and was done for fun?

You didn't think having Sheldon say "Bazinga" at the end was the perfect way to end that skit? They had already stopped dancing and gone back to their positions at that point, so if you're mad that it ended when it did, it had nothing to do with Parsons. That was when it was supposed to end. They just thought it'd be funny for him to say "Bazinga." Not his fault.
Flag
A million per episode is actually not that much considering how much the show brings in for Warner Brothers and CBS. I mean, the cast of Friends was making a million per episode during Season 10 back in 2004. Even Bill Cosby was making similar numbers back in the late 80's.
Flag
it might not be that much but they are asking for an increase that is more than 2x what they are earning now. why not ask for a smaller raise, why the huge jump up .

also..given their acting abilities are they really worth 1 million an episode? i dont think so

i am a fan of the show yes, but i do not think the acting on this show by these people is worth what they are asking. cuoco in particular is pretty limited
Flag
"pretty limited" is exremely generous.
Flag
A million dollars per episode? What. The. Fuck.
Flag
Who more than the cast of this brilliant intelligent hilarious show deserve a million dollars each?

Yes, sarcasm.
Flag
Jim Parsons. You're a buffoon if you think Jim isn't amazing as Sheldon.

Whether you love or hate TBBT, It's undeniable that Jim is a great comedic actor and he should get the money that Charlie Sheen used to get. At least he knows how to act is.
Flag
I didn't think Charlie Sheen should have gotten that much either.
Flag
Jeez, that's a hefty increase, I guess they realize the show is about to be on the way out and want more cabbage before it fizzles. Of course, partly it'd be on the way out because the production costs are about to triple from those contract prices. Hopefully some middle ground can be reached and everybody gets a fair piece of the pie.
Flag
Staff
I wouldn't be surprised if the sticking point has more to do with their desire for back-end profits than the salary bump. Given how the show is a cash cow (the syndication rights alone...) for Warner Bros. TV, they'd be dumb not to want both.
Flag
An increase to a million seems like an unwise way to ask for more back-end cash, and that's where the smart money is as you wisely pointed out. Were I in this situation, I'd ask for a smaller number to ensure a longer production but get that back-end money, maybe even a producer credit.
Flag
I would almost bet on it, the million an episode is nothing compared to the profits of just airing a new episode. But that % on the back end is probably being sorted out.
Flag

Smart Nerds!!!

Kaley Cuoco should get a million dollars and another million for simply looking hot!!!

Flag
No. She's awful! Nothing about her is redeaming.
Flag
Okay! Just a million dollars for only looking hot then. ;)
Flag
How is this the "number one" show on tv? The recent seasons have become so tired and unfunny and so laborious to watch.
Flag
"The recent seasons have become so tired and unfunny and so laborious to watch."

don't watch it then. Dick.
Flag
There are many shows that have long term fans even when they start to lose momentum. NCIS, CSI are both perfectly good examples and I am a fan of both but they really have lost steam. And BBT is one I like and will continue to watch. What needs to die is Two and Half Men. But in my experience, comedies are more subjective to like and dislike than most dramas. I hated Seinfeld but there are plenty of people who still love to watch reruns. All you can do, is if you don't like it, don't watch it, don't read articles about it and enjoy the stuff you do watch.
Flag
You said it. Pity the fool who thinks this show is watchable anymore.
Flag
Because not everybody agrees with you on those subjective aspects.
Flag
I was a huge fan too once upon a time, and it's accumulated enough goodwill for me to sit down and pay attention to see whats up with the gang every now and then. And it's a little sad sometimes to see the brilliant actors plowing thru uninspired dialogue or insipid storylines.

I don't mean to attack anyone's beloved show or be offensive, but surely from a purely rational standpoint one can appreciate the huge disparity in the degree of *Awesome* in the earlier seasons , and now. I would love for it to return to the heights it once used to reach, that's all I wanted to say.
Flag
I wonder what these people do when stuff like this happens? Sleep in? Bum around LA? Go see a movie? Watch Netflix? Is it just like School got delayed for a bit so summer vacation is extended? (Given they originally planned to be working on the show it's not like they had other gigs or jobs lined up to preoccupy them all the sudden..)
Flag
Sheldon will now knock on Penny's door saying "Dollar,Dollar,Dollar" :)
I hope the writers also get paid a million per episode if the actors do.
Flag
I hope the cameramen and the editors all get paid a million dollars and episode as well.
Flag
No big surprise... it happens on every show that's been on for a while.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and I don't think they're being "greedy" or whatever... though you usually hear some "fans" complain about that.

They're making the studio an arse-load of money and COULD technically try to do something else instead (another show, movie, etc.). Being on a long running show has its advantages (money for X seasons) but also disadvantages in terms of getting future work due to typecasting.
Flag
$1m per episode is crazy for the cast of a show that's main joke revolves around something like this.

Penny: Sheldon how 2 mek computer fasta?
*laugh track*
Sheldon: Delete system32.
*laugh track*
Penny: Thanks sweetie.
*laugh track*
Sheldon: Badooper.
*laugh track**laugh track**laugh track*
Flag
Filming in front of a live audience doesn't mean they can't tack on the laugh track in post production. Tbh that fake script GreenyFool wrote up isn't actually very far off from what the writers are churning out these days.
Flag
Staff
I think just about every multicam sitcom films in front of a live audience. HIMYM may've been the last one that didn't.
Flag
It really doesn't matter how good or funny the show is . TBBT is a ratings juggernaut which makes a lot of money from stuff like advertising and syndication deals. In fact it's probably the most profitable show on air right now. So yea the cast deserve 1 mil per episode, perhaps even more. It's how the business works.
Flag
Staff
The show doesn't use a laugh track, or canned laughter. It may sweeten laughter (or unsweeten if the laughs run too long) in post-production, but it doesn't use a laugh track.
Flag
EXACTLY! Totally uninspired and unfunny stuff they are churning out these days.
Flag
And then goes on like this:

Leonard: Penny I wanna marry you.
*laugh track*
Penny: I can't marry you I'm gonna be a big star someday.
*laugh track* *Amy enters*
Amy: Sheldon I wanna have sex with you.
*laugh track*
Sheldon: I don't know what sex is.
*bigger laugh track 'cause Jim Parsons said it*
Flag
they deserve it. great show.
Flag
You're joking right? This has to be one of the worst scripted shows to ever grace TV.
Flag
Sarcasm?

One only hopes.
Flag
Not liking a show is one thing.

Being enough of a pathetic piece of shit to troll the comment section of a show you don't like for hours on end is something else entirely.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members