A The Big Bang Theory Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 19, 2016)

The Big Bang Theory S07E15: "The Locomotive Manipulation"

At the annual Sheldon and Amy Relationship Summit, where the terms of their relationship agreement would be renegotiated for the sake of their odd (and awesome) coupledom, Amy pulled a fast one and got Sheldon to accompany her on a boozy, romantic Valentine's Day date thing with the Wolowitzes. It could have easily backfired—and maybe it did, technically, for a little bit—but in the end, everyone won because trains are awesome. 

OH, AND THEN THEY KISSED. 

ON THE LIPS

Is this the new form of passive-aggressive sitcom warfare? Are all the shows currently trying to one-up each other with intense rounds of tonsil hockey? Sheldon and Amy's kiss invoked thoughts of Jess and Nick's legendary face-sucking on New Girl's last season and was every bit as heavily anticipated and well-executed as TBBT's quirky counterpart over on Fox. 

Over the past seven seasons, The Big Bang Theory's characters have developed at the pace of under-stimulated snails. The progress is certainly there, and in recent years, the show has put in some extra effort to transform its characters into more than just goofy, live-action cartoons. At the center of this experiment was Sheldon and Amy's relationship. 

So let me find my big biblical voiceover intro—okay, ready—IN THE BEGINNING it was easy to broadly define Amy as "female Sheldon" and declare that their relationship was fine because they were both so socially awkward that whatever stunted displays of affection they managed to share with other were more than they'd ever be able to tolerate with anyone else. That was fine for a couple of seasons and their unconventional relationship was a nice addition to a TV landscape that tends to get a little obsessed with overtly romantic storylines. That Sheldon and Amy often managed to stay together even while the relationships around them struggled was a testament to how special they were/are, and not because Amy is a female Sheldon who simply accepts Sheldon as is, but because she's AMY and she accepts Sheldon mostly as is, while also helping him grow. What's more, Amy herself has evolved from "lady Sheldon," with a trajectory that spanning both "slightly creepy, slightly repressed horndog" and "genuinely thoughtful and invested girlfriend." While on one hand, Amy's inclusion of trains was a calculated play on one of Sheldon's obsessions so that he'd give Amy the sort of Valentine's Day she wanted, on the other hand, it was also a thoughtful gesture to acknowledge that Sheldon wouldn't enjoy certain aspects of their date with Howard and Bernadette, and to reciprocate with something he would enjoy.

And now kissing. Can we add kissing to the list?

Back home, Leonard and Penny babysat Cinnamon for Raj and were introduced to the wonderful world of What Happens When Your Dog Eats Something Stupid and You Have to Go to the Vet and Endure an Hour or Two of Intense Judgement from Everyone in a Lab Coat. Been there. Sucks. Don't leave raisin cookies sitting on your dashboard when you pop into a rest stop on the turnpike to take a tinkle, kids. Also, don't leave your free truck stop V-Day candy sitting out where Raj's princess can crush them like a can of whatever the hell it is the fancy dogs eat. 

Luckily, Cinnamon was fine after some fluids and Raj got Yvette the Vet's phone number because TBBT loves to pair weirdos with weirdos. Whatever, it works for them. So, best V-Day ever or best V-Day ever? What say you?

THE STRAY OBSERVATION ADDENDUM

– As a fellow train dork, I wasn't mad at Sheldon at all for ditching Amy to hang out with Creepy Train Dude, who kind of reminded me of a grown-up Glen from Mad Men. Also: Amtrak Wolverine line yessssss. 

– "We bust on each other! I wear dorky glasses. You might have a problem." 

– Lol @ "grape juice that burns." 

– That was a hell of a vanity card this week.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/26/2016

Season 10 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 10/3/2016

Season 10 : Episode 3

199 Comments
Comments (199)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
the whole kissing scene was so well done by Jim Parsons...loved it!
Flag
about sheldon and amy, I think that the writers needed a reason to make sheldon kiss her, and realize he likes it..
I'm not sure it was the best way, but apparently it worked, and from there you can only expect things to improve at a rather fast pace.
Flag
his love for trains is a valid reason
Flag
not a bad episode, but after last week when they jumped the shark with J.E,J anything would seem better...
Flag
In what universe did they jump the shark with James Earl Jones?

The man obviously had a ball doing the show and it was hilarious throughout.
Flag
it was a different valentine's day for everyone. Sheldon and amy & bernie and wolowitz going on a train ride, that was a good way to make them celebrate, shledon made a friend and evolved with amy, what will we see next? no need to hurry but we need to see more of that :P leonard and penny wasn't that much different, she told him she loves him and gave him flowers and chocolates, it does have to mean something... I hope the show continues making a change but don0t return to the bla bla stories, make new ones interesting :D
Flag
I thought it was brilliant. The kiss was exactly what I would expect from those characters...and hopefully Raj finally gets himself a girl.
Flag
Amy needs to dump Sheldon asap.
Flag
If for no other reason than to make him buck up his ideas, I totally agree.
Flag
And so everybody is talking about the kiss. No-one else, or no-one else that I've seen yet, has spoken of the vet having an instant attraction for Raj. Have the writers finally decided to do something with Raj? About friggin time. Everybody else has grown emotionally, some minutely (Sheldon), others a lot more noticeably (Howard). Yes Raj broke through that psychological barrier of speaking to women, but he has grown to be a pathetic joke. Both he and Stuart have become bad characters. The writers have needed to turn that around for a while now, and it looks like they may just be doing that. Fingers crossed they won't screw it up. I am getting bored of one step forward two steps back.
Flag
Agreed, it was kind of a big deal that Raj pulled a normal girl on his own. Of course the lesson here could be that Raj was just being himself at the vet. I don't know why they turn him in to such a weirdo when he approaches a girl. Stuart seems to be purely there as comic relief, and not as an actual character. The other person I wish they would develop is Penny. Everyone else has careers, could they not even give her a bit part in sitcom/series? She doesn't have to become famous. At the start she was the hot, fun, unattainable girl. Now she is a washed up wannabe actress who is a borderline alcoholic.
Flag
To be fair, I would've fell for a guy that sings Katy Perry to his sick dog too.

Raj had me at "Father, owner, soulmate". Add "And your wost nightmare if something happens to her!" and that poor vet never even had a chance.
Flag
while i'm happy for amy and for their relationship to finally move forward a little bit... i'm upset for it to happen the way it did bc sheldon only did it to shut her up from (justifiably) complaining about him ignoring her all night.

and was i the only one who felt like it was way more super awkward watching them kiss than it being this super sweet moment?
Flag
No, I cringed so hard. Although that might be because I hate the Amy character.
Flag
i liked it better when she was robot amy... while i understand her character grew within 2, 3 season, i dislike that they made her this horn dog. if amy (as female sheldon) can grow and be more human, then the writers should at least move sheldon's character along. sometimes depending onwhat episode you're watching he's more robotic than s1 sheldon!.
Flag
Yup!! It was just you.
Flag
What made this sweet wasn't reason why he did it, but that Sheldon enjoyed it all the while he did it:

• His whole body moved towards Amy hips due to the pull of their kiss
  • Sheldon got flustered without any wine
  • And he couldn't stop staring into her eyes as he asked her to go with him
The fact he had never kissed a woman is beyond the point, this was huge because of the sheer intimacy it involves which is something you don't see in TV that often.
Flag
i understand why it was sweet... i'm just saying it felt more awkward than sweet when i was watching it bc it felt like watching two 12 year olds kissing -- which i understand bc they are technically two virgins kissing...
my husband on the other hand said it felt like watching old people kissing. haha.
Flag
it felt awkward from Amy's half IMO. if you just watch Sheldon's body language it was perfectly suited for a first kiss of a man. his body language responded perfectly for a man engaging in physical contact with a woman
Flag
Interesting term "technically a virgin".

I've always thought you were a "virgin" or you were not.

How does "technically" make a difference?
Flag
Then again, if all first kisses were supposed to be as sexy as the CW made them seem then we would all be real losers.

Personally, I liked their kiss because it rang honest to Sheldon and his feelings for Amy. Bonus points because of the emotion involved (which is also something you don't get to see on TV couples that often).
Flag
Finally this relationship between these two weardo going somewhere, really was a good episode, looking forward to see what will happen, I hope it want stop just with that kiss...... Ha ha ha ha
Flag
"Kissing is romantic" must be the best moment on TV since Jaime Lannister jumped into a bear pit for Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones!

Why is that the nerd gals inspire all the best grand gestures?
Flag
Can anybody help me here? was the vet Sarah Shahi who plays Shaw in Person of Interest?
Flag
she was the girl from Malcolm in the Middle , from the genius class
also did the Jodi Arias story
Flag
Of course it was not Sarah Shahi/ Shaw. Everyone would have been dead, except the dog. We know Shaw is in the team because of the dog ;=)
Flag
thanks ;)
Flag
Tania Raymonde, http://www.tv.com/people/tania-raymonde/
Flag
thanks
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I honestly think Amy and Raj would make a better couple. They both deserve someone and Sheldon is not at all giving Amy what she deserves.
Flag
The problem with that is that Raj has stated pretty categorically that he isn't interested in Amy.

Point made when he horned in on a "Girl's Night".
Flag
Problem is: Amy is giving Sheldon everything he wants and Raj doesn't want what Amy is willing to offer.

In the end, is not about what Amy deserves but what she actually wants and the fact remains she wants Sheldon more than she wants sex.
Flag
I really don't know what to think of this development in Sheldon and Amy's relationship. I'd recently come to the conclusion that Amy can do better than Sheldon and that she isn't doing herself any favours by sticking with him, and everything that happened in this episode confirmed that... even is spontaneous kiss, which he only undertook to stop her complaining, but then I couldn't help but react positively as he pulled her into more of an embrace. So I guess what I'm saying is that I, like Amy, have become frustrated by the pace of their relationship, and need to see more developments soon for me to remain invested in it.
Flag
Quite frankly, Amy would do better with a dead dog than Sheldon.

Probably get more attention, for a start.
Flag
I'm positive Amy can do better than Sheldon: what made this so endearing is that she doesn't want better, she wants him.

And, as of this kiss, I'm positive he also wants her.
Flag
better than Sheldon wouldn't have liked pre-Sheldon Amy. Now she has feelings for him that go beyond his brain.
Flag
when will sheldon (i.e. jim parsons's character) come out of the closet....please...
Flag
If anything Sheldon has a social disorder, there is nothing to indicate that his character is gay. No idea where you get that, or why you would want that.
Flag
Hopefully, never!
There's nothing in the characters personality that would indicate otherwise.

He has come across through the various series as simply disinterested, without a preference either way but given the streaks of jealousy he has shown with Amy, it seems pretty certain he will remain as he appears now, i.e. heterosexual.
Flag
More so, his jealous reactions atually show, that he does care about Amy more than he lets on.
Flag
No one noticed Raj is going to hook up with Jodi Arias............good luck Raj
Hope they dont find him in the John all hacked up.
Flag
this episode sucked

leonard and penny = skipping over any romance beyond a bad chemistry/ bad acting kiss/hug moment and then they start fighting again..

raj= once again being a complete freak with no clue yet somehow a random vet who hates his friends offers up her number.

shamy = sheldon once again forgetting about amy being a jerk to her and then having the cheek to shame her when she was complaining about being ignored and succeeding in twisting it against her, and then taking the piss out of her needs only to kiss her in the most awkward fake icky completely devoid of any chemisrty moment ever to then offer her some involvement. from 0-60 and back to 0 again and then met her halfway..

and lastly howardette= if they hadn't been in the episode it wouldn't of mattered at all, aside from bern doing her usual guilt trips and howard making light jokes..

and i am a fan of the show but this season has been alot of miss and not alot of hit for me..
Flag
apologies for the bad grammar/punctuation.
Flag
No problem. It tends to happen when you're passionally voicing an opinion. I do it all the time. Quite frustrating as I can come across as totally illiterate. Your message is loud and clear... so hey!
Flag
waiting for the apology to get more likes lol

penard- do have some good chemistry moments this episode seemed like an off day.
Flag
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

THEY KISSED!!!!!

ON THE LIPS!!!
AND IT LASTED A GOOD 10 SECONDS!!!
Flag
Episode 15 of this season and this is first episode it got review from this site..."gj". Who the hell pays to these guys on this site anything??? They ignore 3/4 of shows,some reviews are good,some are just wannabe reviews and some...well go read Tim's "reviews"
Flag
they do this, CBS .com has forums for their shows. there are other sites that review and comment on every episode, Yahootv etc. So if you like to get weekly reviews, I recomend CBS.com. I have had the same issue with a couple of other shows, mostly elementary. This site is still a grat source, just not all inclusive.
Flag
This isn't the way to behave if you want more coverage.
Flag
...Why are you here?
Flag
Let's not forget folks that this wasn't Sheldon's first kiss. Beverly grabbed him first in her drunk chrismas episode.

Oddly enough... We never knew what he thought about that one...
Flag
Well, in the past he's usually been on the receiving end.

Here he took the initiative and kissed her.
Flag
Actually, when the girls asked if he had ever kissed a girl, he defined HIS first kiss when he gave CPR to a Nun, if I remember correctly.
Flag
Yes, that is correct. It's possible because that episode (when Bev kissed him) ended with him them all swearing never to talk about it again.
Flag
And didn't Amy kiss him as well when he bought her that tiara?
Flag
Yes, but this is the first time that he actually kissed someone. Being kissed without reacting doesn't really count. And CPR isn't kissing ^^
Flag
Why would you suggest Sheldon is "sane". He certainly appears to have a disorder of some description and he definitely isn't "normal" by any criterion I would accept.

In Leonards position, I would have strangled him years ago.

My culture doesn't conform to a "normal" practice of two men kissing as a greeting outwith a homosexual relationship as it does in say Russia, so I couldn't comment because I have never kissed a man.

P.S. I'm old enough that I remember "Gay" as meaning happy, so don't usually use it in the current meaning.
Flag
In the episode concerned, Sheldon in fact classed it as a type of kiss.
Flag
Yes, because there was lip contact involved. But any normal and sane person doesn't consider CPR as kissing. ;) If you perform CPR on another person of the same gender as you, do you consider yourself having gay tendencies for having "kissed" a (wo)man? ^^
Flag
Flag
Flag
Loving seeing Sheldon grow. It would be nice to see a little bit more growth with Penny, at least in terms of her relationship with Leonard. I know that he is her caretaker and it was very in character for her to give him free chocolate, but I'm surprised she didn't get him something a little bit more thoughtful for Valentine's day. I just don't like sometimes that the show portrays her as only offering sex to her relationship and not much more.
Flag
SHELDON & AMY SITTIN IN A TREE
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Flag
K-I-S-S-S-S-I-N-G.

If Bernadette has her way.
Flag
No one mentioned the train.
I'm no train dork, but I think I could get pretty excited about at trip in a 1915 First Class Pullman.
Flag
Trust me, you ARE a train dork.
Flag
Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Flag
Indeed but chrelle66 should "man up" and admit it. (damnit, still no smilies here).
Flag
Kaitlin, I don't think you've made your point clear enough on the comparison between TBBT's scene and New Girl, I don't see any connective tissue in your attempt at a point whatsoever, beyond 2 characters kissing.

As for Amy, she's not female Sheldon, she's always been her own brand of weird and it originally jived well with Sheldon's brand of weird in some areas, but as we've gotten to know more about her they've become more incompatible, and thus the only reason Amy hasn't moved on to another guy is because she's been written to be obsessed with Sheldon, to fawn over him and believe he's the god he paints himself as. She doesn't actually accept him, she worships him, but she often belittles his interests and she resents him for not falling for her sexual traps. (This is not to say Sheldon is an innocent victim, but that's not focused on your point.)

Valentines Day candy you get free at a gas station is likely not made of enough chocolate to injure even a little dog like that, it's usually described as "chocolatey" rather than "chocolate" because it doesn't reach minimum FDA requirements to be called that. I honestly expected that to be a plot point towards the end.

I would vote for Chuck Lorre as sheriff, "let's see what happens!" Maybe congressman, not senator.
More+
Flag
I dont read the vanity cards as a rule since Dharma and Greg. if they were funnier they would merit more screen time.
The only thing I thought of with the free chocolate at a gas station jole was the SNL CVS Valentines' Day skit, it was funnier. but even together they both sum up what a lot of people (us?) put into Valentines Day.
Flag
I honestly don't think they have that much chemistry as a romantic couple. The kiss seemed somewhat forced. Knowing Parsons is openly gay did not help me suspend disbelief. Last night, it popped into my head to wonder what if they had her liking Howard, if she had been cast before Bernadette. The two, relationship-wise, are polar opposites and might have been funny to see them come together somehow at some point. I like Bialik, but I second guess her casting for Parsons' Sheldon. She could have been "one of the guys" though, as I did think the show needed another girl or two to better balance Penny, who I thought weird (stupid) she had no friends of her own for a time. If they did cast her before Rauch, they could possibly have then developed her and Howard. We'll never know though, if that might have worked.
Flag
Not sure I get your point about Parsons. If straight actors can play gay roles (Eric McCormack and Andre Braugher, please step forward), why can't a gay actor play a hetero (or at least trending from nothing toward hetero) guy?
Flag
Also, Neil Patrick Harris and Matthew Bomer are both gay but they play VERY convincing straight men.
Flag
*Sighs* VERY convincing.
Flag
We do have the episode this season of Howard and Amy bonding over Niel Diamond. It's cute, but I believe that Amy's physical characteristics don't mesh with the women Howard is usually attracted to. Howard liked hot girls. Bernadette is an INSANELY beautiful woman and very voluptuous. Her early episodes even had her voice a bit lower and huskier than the squeaky voice she has now. Amy, no matter how dolled up she could get, just is "pretty." I highly doubt the shows writers even once thought of her being a love interest for Howard. Plus Miryim Bialik off screen is much more conservative than Rauch or Couco, so I highly doubt that she'd agree to wear some of the provocative outfits Bernie's worn, especially after Bernie married Howard.
Flag
That is what I meant by them being opposites. He wanting the "hot" girls and she being, well, not. In time they may have written them actually seeing each other and growing closer over things like Neil Diamond. Also, with Penny's help, she might have become more noticeable to Howard too, but still remain who she is inside.
Flag
Got to agree with Vampman87, below.

Amy was pretty much a Sheldon femclone for a couple of episodes until Penny and Bernadette started taking her out of her shell.
Flag
Wow, geez, I am still really sleepy, SORRY MARYANN (AND KAITLIN)! This is what I get for having too many articles open at once.
Flag
I tend to disagree with you believing Amy was NEVER a female Sheldon. Compare Amy today with her introductory epsode and most episodes of season 4. Amy and Sheldon were VERY similar back then (Remember how horrified Howard and Raj were after they introduced them because "there's two of them"?) But hanging out with Penny caused Amy to break out of her shell (though she became a lesbian stalker with a crush at one point.) and she's become as normal as Bernadette. (though Bernie can get CRAZY scary at some points) Sheldon, on the other hand, is the character who seems to NEVER change. I would've thought he'd pick on some social cues after seven years of hanging out with Penny, but he's pretty much regressed into a bigger child than he was in season 1 (Sheldon actually called out Leonard for speaking about inappropriate stuff in the pilot episode.) I hope kissing Amy gives Sheldon some semblance of maturity now, cause his childish behavior's been cranked up to 11 this season.
Flag
Actually, Sheldon has acknowledged on more than one occasion that he has personality issues.

It seems he regards his "superior" intellect should cause other people to accept his foibles (good word, that) and not the other way round.
Flag

While Amy appeared to be a female Sheldon in her early appearances, I don't think she was ever meant to be. Much like Leonard she longed to fit in and was ready to change, and much like Leonard her interactions with Penny opened up a world she yearned to belong on. Her awakening seemed to force puberty, however, with all the awkwardness that comes with it. Sheldon never wanted or felt he needed to change, and still doesn't--it's happening without his consent.
Flag
I think originally Amy was meant to be a female Sheldon, but the writers realized it would fail because as good as Bialik is (and she is) she paled in comparison to Leondar'd mom - Who was a far better female Sheldon.

That is why they began shifting Amy to where she is now.
Flag
It was fine episode but i really can't stand Bernadette recently.She started as a cute awkward character to become a walking bitchy cliche for a married woman in a sitcom.
Flag
Can't blame the trajectory of Bernadette's character development. Howard is an overgrown child with massive mommy issues. Bernadette seems to have been forced into the mommy role to keep Howard on the straight and narrow.
Flag
amen to that
Flag
TBBT has been patchy recently, but I really liked this episode. It seemed to be a return to form in so many ways. Charming, geeky and sweet without being sickly. The Kiss was a big surprise and what was really surprising was Sheldon really seem to enjoy and get the moment. There is certainly hope for Amy after all. There was plenty of geekiness via the train enthusiast and Sheldon so that worked for me. And please let Raj have his girlfriend Yvette. They seem suited and perhaps it will shut Raj up for little while. Could Stuart have some luck in that department next - that would cool and cute!
Flag
No, Stuart is the nerd they all use to be. It makes for a great juxtaposition to where they are now. They liked being those nerds, but like what they have now because they stopped doing some of it. Also, he does a great pity me face.
Flag
I get what you are saying. It would just be great if something good happened for Stuart. How about a Geek Girl relationship for Stuart? In fact where are the Geek Girls in TBBT? If not that at least that is shop becomes successful through it being a Comic Book Store and so Geek is chic. You mention juxtaposition - there clearly is very odd one in the TBBT. Geek is actually very chic these days... yet TBBT continues to capitalise on putting Geek down... ?! Or am I wrong? How about Sheldon realises through Amy that Stuart a good friend needs help and organises a Comic Book shop Enjuction Convention where Sheldon victims e.g. Stan Lee, etc get an apology and Stuarts shops becomes iconic so geeks flock...
Flag
Well, to be fair given Jim Parsons preferences, it was a damn good acting job.
Flag
It is simply the mark of a great actor!
Flag
seen way better acting than that..with less chemistry..
Flag
Yeah it has been sickly in the recent season, so this episode was all the more welcome!
Flag
I like that they have their characters grow at a snails pace. they get to have great episodes along the way and honestly, where are the shows that have their characters go from zero to finished in a season? oh yes. burned out and cancelled.

TBBT takes it's time and the quality and patience shows.
Flag
I was thinking this while reading the review, good call!
Flag
The kiss was amazing, and the way Sheldon leaned into Amy showed how much he enjoyed it in an unexpected way. Hopefully they will build on that in the future episodes and not ignore it totally. But it was definitely the highlight moment in TBBT history.
Flag
I thought it was a very well done episode after it almost felt the show let it all slide away... It was funny, exiting and indeed 'that' moment was excellently done. How else could Sheldon ever start experiencing more intimacy than by just doing it?
The one thing that keeps annoying me is how they are now all of a sudden portraying Penny as a somewhat of a drunk, or at least as someone with a minor alcohol problem. I don't find this deepens her character, in fact it is almost as if they are making her more superficial. There is so much more to her than they are currently bringing out.
All in all, one of the best episodes of this season.
Flag
Ask Dr. Google "how many americans have a drinking problem" and count the number of characters on this show.
Flag
UI gave the thumbs up with a glass of scotch in front of me :)
Flag
Penny has always been a drinker and a rather shallow character, she comes from a place where nothing happens so her character was often defining herself in earlier seasons by the underage drinking and sleeping around she did to offset her current life of being an aspiring actress and a waitress. Penny doesn't have much going on, think about what we know about her personal interests, she likes sports... and that's it. She is like a lot of hollywood-hopefuls, she wants to be something because she doesn't feel like she's anything. It's sad but consistent.
Flag
Would be nice if they did more with her acting - showing her in classes, auditions, a play.

I once noted that it might have been cool if the show could have worked with Priceline to have "Penny" do that commercial with Shatner, which would have the guys flip out. I envisioned a scene where they all sit in front of the TV to catch the commercial and they actually go to break with it. A possibly great idea for blatant product placement that would probably never happen, but still might have been cool. At the very least, they might have had her mention she got a commercial job with Shatner and they work Shatner into the show somehow with the guys wanting to use Penny to meet him.
Flag
I loved it! And I think that the show would get stale really quick if the characters never moved along. It's season 7 and the moment where Sheldon physically connects with Amy has been coming for a while. I was expecting the kiss to be followed by a typical Sheldon quip, like when he was giving Leonard advice about penny and then went back to trying to craft the perfect joke, I was pleasantly surprised that they just let the moment play out.

Don't know why you guys knock this episode. A comedy can have some emotional/serious moments and still be good. Even How I met Your Mother had some tear jerkers.
Flag
Raj looks to be getting a girl friend, I am glad for him, but he is the last of the nurds not to have a love interest. Now Big Bang is looking more like Friends instead of the original premise of social awarked guys livig with a hot girl.

These guys are making out better than me!
Flag
it'll last as long as it takes to 'meet his friends'

if raj has a brain transplant and grows a pair then yes..
Flag
While a bit of the plot line was somewhat off putting, mainly Sheldon's total self absorption and disregard for Amy, I thought overall it was a very good episode with a lot of humor. Eric the train expert and Sheldon's camaraderie was hilarious at times. Amy, Bernadette, and Howard's reaction to it was funny and very funny at times. I always love Bernadette's reactions and actions to Sheldon and the others, particularly her placating Howard and his idiosyncrasies at the dining table. The parallel plot with Raj's dog was funny and looks like they might be setting Raj up for another relationship with a hot vet. The ending with Amy and Sheldon was actually starting to really piss me off about Sheldon even knowing if total sexual obtuseness is usually funny but his attitude and remarks to Amy were pathetic until, that moment, when he actually kissed her and continued to kiss her. But then within seconds the train was once more the thing of his dreams. Oh well, Amy got a brief moment. Very good episode overall with more humor that some of the latest.
Flag
Pretty good - but really just makes me wish the far superior Community were on tonight too...
Flag
Never in the field of TV.com conflict have so many thumbs up been given to one episode.

Sorry Winny, I had to steal your most famous line. Honest, I couldn't help it.
Flag
Not as funny as last week but I now see why a TV.com staff writer has gotten involved rather than grumpy clown doing these. The kiss was very well done and it will be interesting to see what they do going forward.
Flag
My jaw dropped to the floor! Then I cheered like mad :D
Flag
SPOILERS, I suppose...

This was a clunky episode all around with some laughs but a really grating set of plots... until "the moment", and it felt like that's where it justified everything that came before with Sheldon and Amy in this episode.

Sheldon's ability to change, to move into it and even add some contact, really was quite an impressive moment and a well-kept secret, I bet the marketing people were shitting not being able to use that in trailers. And to not have Amy overreact, that showed real restraint on the writers and director's part. Honestly, this was a worthy moment and finally gave Sheldon some more humanity after it seemed like they had stalled recently.

Flag
It was a perfect way to move Amy and Sheldon forward without premeditation. And it was nice to line Raj up with someone who understands his OTT relationship with his dog. And she's a scientist too which fits her with the group. Hopefully they will keep this lstoryline going.
Flag
Do you call a vet a scientist?
Flag
Well DUH!

What do you think the people who study take as a course?

It's called Veterinary Science and comes with a BVSc designation (Bachelor of Veterinary Scince
Flag
Well there are people calling gender studies science as well so I guess anything goes.
Flag
Um, yes. Vets do relevant medical experiments all the time, just on animals.
Flag
It's a pretty interesting thing when a man has his first real meaningful kiss.

Congrats to the writers, as this was a great audience blindside. But with Sheldon it would likely only have happened this way. Essentially an accident as he went off on the whole topic of romance and then has this spur of the moment, unplanned experience that impacted him in a way he never expected, and neither did we viewers.

Also loved Bernadette and her comments about Howard, and his reactions. Very funny and true to character. Howard's transformation over the years has been very enjoyable to watch. And I could just see him at the Lego store buying his R2D2.

As for Raj, it will be interesting to see what happens with Yvette the Vet. And that should add some watchable scenes as they join the other three couples. And Yvette, don't sit in Sheldon's spot!!

This episode was good fun, and again propelled these characters forward to further interesting life experiences. As a fan who well remembers the four childish, nerdish young men in those first seasons it has been an interesting journey to watch them in the process of achieving greater maturity without losing the essence of who they are. Some didn't want them to ever change, as there was real humor in seeing them at the beginning. But I have enjoyed the changes as they have aged and matured. Or kind of matured. Or maybe matured a little bit.

Sadly we will have to wait three weeks to see the next chapter. But patience is a virtue. See you then TBBT.

More+
Flag
The kiss was so good.
Flag
Amy, is that you?
Flag
I love it too, it was noy only a moment kiss, we can see that he likes it too

Flag
Does Raj no longer need a drink to talk to women or was this a unique situation due to his emotions over the dog or that maybe he'll realize he talked to her without a drink, if this story continues?

Funny, I never really notice the laugh track much, but when Sheldon showed up at the windowed door of the train car before entering and they did a loud laugh track bit because of it, I wondered why it was thought to be so funny, as he really did nothing nor was it something like him pressing his nose against the window. The laugh track bugged me a bit after that too. They need to realize what is really funny or not and dial it back at times.
Flag
You must have missed an important episode. Please find and watch Season 6 Ep 24, "The Bon Voyage Reaction", last season's finale.

Trying not to write anything "spoilerish", but this will answer your question.
Flag
that's not spoilerish at all, its been months. It is also in syndication.
Flag
Hilarious episode. Good job by everyone all around, and the Shamy kiss COMPLETELY SHOCKED ME!!!! Well done, BBT!! I also like the "possibility" of the animal doctor and Raj starting something. It seemed funny, but not too weird, especially since she gave him her name and number willingly.
Flag
The kiss was awesome!!! Who knew Sheldon had it in him. Great chemistry between the actors. I literally cheered out loud!
Flag
Best episode of the season. I felt they finally did a good job limiting the story lines. I like that they are starting something for Raj, and the Shamy kiss was great. I just hope they don't move things along too fast, I think that would ruin it.

I also kinda like that they left Penny and Leonard out of it for this episode. Adding soemthing significant between them would have crowded things too much.
Flag
Oh Sheldon you dog. ;-)
Flag
The Shamy kiss was definitely refreshing. Like they said it's been 3 years. Of course since it's Sheldon I'm not expecting hot passionate sex (which I could never picture with them anyway lol), but yeah a kiss should definitely be in their routine now even if it's once a week or something. I completely forgot you guys did reviews to this show lol
Flag
i liked this one a lot! a major atention to howard/bernardette and sheldon/amy. at least they are evolving, he's turning human and behaving like a normal person, amy is turning him good. leonard and penny wasn't that good, but was fun. raj finally met someone, i'd expect more contact between the vet and him. resuming it was a great episode! :D
Flag
This was a fun episode!Did I just see Sheldon kiss Amy and LIKED IT!Nearly made contact with the floor!Wow....that...was...unexpected!Just when you taught he was taking being a jerk to the next level,he does something so,as Spock would say.....human!Thumbs up to the writers,nice surprise.So it took 3 years for a kiss,mark your calenders,2017 will be the year they....get to second base(hey,it's Sheldon,remember!).
As for the Raj story arc....finally!!!For the love of God,I hope the writers hook him up with the female vet,she's cute and normal.It's time he finds love with someone,it's no fun watching him whine about being alone.
This was definitely an episode you can call a game changer,let's hope the writers build on that and move things forward.
The last two episodes(James Earl Jones and the train ride)were funny and an improvement over the last several weeks,hoping it only gets better from here!
Flag
One of the better episodes of this season.
I liked the way they wrote Penny and Leonard's relationship in this episode, a bit of niggling between them, but no undermining or arguing.
They finally let Raj have an actual conversation with a woman without any truly weird situation (and as a bonus there was no Stuart involvement).
Amy and Sheldon's situation was handled perfectly and the big kiss at the end was kinda perfect.
Really good.
Flag
O...M...G! I nearly had a heart attack when Sheldon kissed Amy! I can't believe that happened!

Good Lord my heart is still racing. Ha ha.
Flag
And he liked it!
That was the most significant part.
Flag
OMG HE DID!!! AH!! :D
Flag
As far as I was aware, TV.com haven't done a Big Bang review for a while. Haven't seen it yet, just wondering now if someone special went down this week that's brought them back.
Flag
When someone goes down it's always special.
Flag
Seriously????
Flag
Which part?
Flag
Might I suggest you read some of the reviews?

And once again, Seriously?
Flag
Coodookie meant "something" special went down. Others have chosen to make fun of that. Whatever...it was a landmark episode. If you're a fan and don't know what we're talking about, then it's time to watch!
Flag
What I mean is that the reviews have been done by another user for some time and not by a 'official' Tv.com staffer.
Flag
Very special
Flag
Oh, it was special indeed! ;)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members