A The Big Bang Theory Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS
Continuing the story line from last week Howard and Sheldon are still at NASA and they drop by Sheldon's mothers for a visit.
The rest of the gang are playing a murder mystery game devised by Raj.

STUART HAS BEEN MURDERED!
Unfortunately its part of a game devised by Raj, so he is still alive.
Leonard, Penny, Amy and Bernie must all work out who is the killer among them, and they are less than enthusiastic about it.
While looking for clues around the apartment, Bernie comes across as receipt from 20 years in the future!.
The group travel through time (via a strobe light and sound effects from Raj's phone) and end up in the future (Penny: Well, my beer isn't flat and my racks not saggy, So far the futures great!).
After finding out how their lives work out, Leonard and Penny get into an argument, (sigh, of course they do), because in their fictional future, they separate when they both become successful. Even after Raj changes their version of the future, it takes Stuart to settle the argument, which leads to Penny ruining the game by saying "Oh Stuart, now I feel bad for murdering you".

In a nice nod to continuity, Sheldon and Howard are still in Texas at NASA, and after Howard gives his talk, (which Sheldon gets a Buzz Aldrin bobble-head for not ruining), they decide to visit Sheldon's mother.
After getting some flowers and pie, instead of just turning up with "the gift of knowledge, Sheldon is confronted by the image of his mum "trying to be a mommy again" and retreat to a bar.
After a mouthful of beer and a chat with Howard, Sheldon gives his mother a text message to say he is coming over because "I used to live in those genitals. And if someone wants to move into my old room, I should at least get a vote".
However, when he turns up to chat Mommy doesn't like Sheldon's tone and sends him to his room.
Following a heart to heart with Howard, Sheldon calms down and goes downstairs to have "the sex talk" with his mother.

Stuff:
While not on a par with 'The Scavenger Vortex', the murder mystery game was a nice change, but Sheldon and Howard's story was the better of the two this week. I thought the episode was a lot better than the average ones TBBT has been churning out this season, probably because they only had two plots to contend with and both benefited from the additional time spent on them.
It was nice to have Laurie Metcalf back as Sheldon's mom, she is always solid when she returns for a guest spot and the relationship the two have is great onscreen.
Howard was a good foil for Sheldon - his story about his mother helped the situation, and I don't think the same could be said if Leonard was there instead

Oh and Stuart had the worst screen death I have seen in a while.

MVP: Sheldon

Lines of the Night:

Penny: Are you going to make us pretend to be a lot of lame characters with silly accents?
Raj: Lame characters with silly acc....what kind of actress are you
Penny: You're right, I'm sorry. It sounds like fun.
Raj: Thank you
Penny: That kind of actress. This SUCKS!

Sheldon: I saw my mommy with a naked man and she was trying to be a mommy again

Sheldon: I used to live in those genitals. And if someone wants to move into my old room, I should at least get a vote.

Sheldon: Can you recommend a surface you haven't had coitus on?
Mother: That's not funny
Mother: Maybe we should sit at the table.

Sheldon: How long have you been involved with him?
Mother: A few months
Sheldon: And of those few months, how long have you been a demented sex pervert?

Mother: (through gritted teeth) Go to your room
Sheldon: (meekly) I'm a grown man

Sheldon: I love my mother. Even if she fornicates like a demonic weasel

Sheldon: You're going to need to be careful. You used to be protected by your pre-enlightenment mythology. But now you're going to need a stronger friend...named latex
Mother: Are you having the sex talk with me?
Sheldon: Well someone has to
Mother: Oh dear lord...
Sheldon: Don't look to him, he's mad at you right now
9 Comments
Follow this Show
Members