A The Big Bang Theory Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS
Discussion
Jan 05, 2016
Does anyone know if Mayim Bialik would ever become a Christian? I want her to get saved (accept Jesus as her Savior)
Does anyone know if Mayim Bialik would ever become a Christian? I want her to get saved (accept Jesus as her Savior)
Discussion
Dec 19, 2015
The Big First Time!
They finally did it!!!

Like in old times when people did odd things like waiting until their wedding night, Sheldon waits until the new Star Wars's premiere...to lose his virginity to Amy.

It's a huge step. Sheldon has always been a troubled man; germophobe, socially awkward, he struggled with the most basic human contact so much so it took years for him to be comfortable around Leonard and the guys.

However, Amy put Sheldon at ease ever since they first met, it was never hard for him to sit next to her, hold hands, kiss or hold her, which is why their break-up was particularly hard on him.

Suddenly, the possibility that Amy would sleep with other men was very real. The relationship agreement that once precluded her from physical contact with someone else null and void, forced Sheldon to confront a reality that left him heartbroken ...Read more
Discussion
Dec 12, 2015
A Big Bang Reunion Darlin'!
Sheldon's descent into madness marks 10 episodes of most painful separation with Amy. He was not kidding: getting over her is not one of the things he excels at. A song stuck in his head ever since he told her he needed to just be her friend.

Unlike people comfortable with the sort of physical contact that comes the opposite of easily for him, Sheldon can't rely on his urges to tell him what to do. As a man of science, his mind is his most trusted asset so it's only fitting that his mind drives him over and over to a song that would only remind him of the neurobiologist he reckons to be the dryer sheet of his heart.

Just as interesting as his thought process is Amy's descent into dating madness. Like most people comfortable with physical contact, Amy seeks the person that ...Read more
staff
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: The Big Bang Theory

Join in on the The Big Bang Theory general show discussion.

Discussion
Sep 23, 2015
The Big Bland Theory
When Lorre's Big Bang Theory began in 2007 it immediately gained steam by positioning itself as a show that spoke to an audience that was largely overlooked in mainstream comedy. After 8 seasons, the goofy comedy's fandom elements, quippy dialogue, and colorful SINGLE characters has even impressed many viewers who have long felt marginalized by the stream of prime time dysfunctional family comedies. However, drama must exist on some level to propel a show forward for so long and, unfortunately, Big Bang has resorted to the easy route of pairing off its characters to keep the show interesting. The term "Friends syndrome" has been bouncing around the comment sections, as many of the viewers have voiced their concern that the show has leaned too heavily on its soapish aspects and lost a lot of the shows original heart in the process.

On the plus side, the writers have ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 23, 2015
Amy and Sheldon's Break-Up: No Piece Of Paper Ever Cut Me This Deep
The Season Premiere "The Matrimonial Momentum" saw the end of Amy & Sheldon's relationship as well as Leonard & Penny's honeymoon.

Oddly enough, Sheldon's insensitivity is filled with all those big declarations Amy had always been waiting for: how 11 hours feel like an eternity without her, how making everyone feel awkward is "their" thing, how no piece of paper has ever cut him this deep. Too bad it's buried beneath all the other comments that force Amy to break up with him.

As it happens with every break-up, it seems like the entire world is getting married while you're being left alone. Only in Amy and Sheldon's case that's the actual truth, as their break-up serves as the audio commentary for Leonard & Penny's "I do".

It doesn't help matters that the bride herself was the last person that talked to Amy before ...Read more
Discussion
Jun 26, 2015
The Big Bang Shipper Theory II (POLL)
About a year ago I posed a question, the community spoke and Leonard & Penny were chosen The Big Bang Theory OTP.

This year the future looks gloomy for a particular couple that did not top them back then, so I decided to make a poll as to whether or not they'd get back together.
poll

Discussion
May 01, 2015
Vote For The Ultimate The Big Bang Theory MOM! (POLL)
In this corner, acomplished career-driven firmly committed to the reward-system Beverly Hofstadter (Leonard's mom). On the other, nurturing christian, set to prove her son is not insane - she had him tested - Mary Cooper (Sheldon's mom). Vote for the ultimate The Big Bang Theory mom!

poll

Discussion
Mar 20, 2015
Can someone explain this BBT joke to me?
In season 5 episode 22 (The Stag Convergence), they make the following joke...
"Bernadette: Howard already took care of it. Plus, he set up our beautiful wedding website with cute little facts about our family histories. Do you know, for a while in Poland, my family and his family were neighbors.
Penny: Oh, that’s cool.
Amy: No, it’s not. I’ll explain it to you later."
It's my understanding that this joke is implying that Howard's family and Bernadette's family were neighbors during the Holocaust. I know during that time many of the Polish would offer up information to the Nazis, ratting out their Jewish neighbors. Is Amy merely implying that Bernadette's family could have been one of those families? OR is the joke implying that she knows for sure? My friend and I had a serious argument over this. I thought maybe Amy ...Read more
staff
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 17 Season 9
The Celebration Experimentation
Airs
Episode 16 Season 9
The Positive Negative Reaction
Airs
Episode 15 Season 9
The Valentino Submergence
Airs
Episode 14 Season 9
The Meemaw Materialization
Aired
Episode 13 Season 9
The Empathy Optimization
Aired
Leonard Hofstadter
Stuart Bloom
Sheldon Cooper
Howard Wolowitz

Created by writer/producers Chuck Lorre (of Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (of Gilmore Girls) comes The Big Bang Theory, a sitcom that shows what happens when hyperintelligent roommates/physicists Sheldon and Leonard meet Penny, a beautiful woman moving in next door--and realize they know next to nothing about life outside of the lab. Rounding out the crew are the smarmy Wolowitz, who thinks he's as sexy as he is brainy, and Koothrappali, who suffers from an inability to speak in the presence of a woman. The show distinguishes itself by being unafraid to toss scientific references and technobabble into an otherwise standard sitcom, even employing a physicist to keep things accurate. In doing so, it allows Sheldon and Leonard to do for science what Frasier's Crane brothers did for fine dining, art, and opera. Theme Song: "The History of Everything" by Barenaked Ladies

moreless