The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

End Credit Vanity Cards

kanniballl

[21]May 12, 2011
    • level: 18

IAmsterdam wrote:
    Yes I know! And frankly that's what's wrong with it all. These are the ramblings of people like Woody Allen; and this guy does not have the stature of a Woody Allen!!! And by the way, "Lorre" is a name for a pet! Here is Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Germany Lorre is a common name they give to parrots. So, good choice I guess...

I don't mind it.

For once thing, a lot of them are funny.

For another, it's not like he's standing there and blathering about it... giving you no choice but to watch/listen or change the channel. If thi was the case I might be annoyed too.

It's a large card that you need to pause your TV to read. Usually it's just mundane stuff or silly side-stories, the one about Stan Lee was pretty good.

It's something "different." Instead of a logo with a catch-phrase (Grrr Arrrg, sit Ubu sit, that's some bad hat Harry, bad robot, etc) it's something else. I'm not saying it's "genius" but it's a little humorous.

Meanwhile (no offense) it sounds like you simply don't like the guy: between the cards and the name. There's nothing wrong with that, there are people in Hollywood I don't like that others swoon over.

Edited on 05/12/2011 6:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neo979

[22]Feb 20, 2012
    • level: 6
    Lots of Hollywood people use fake names. I don't know why Chuck Lorre has received so much bashing in particular. I have even seen Charlie Sheen get in on insulting his nemesis Chuck Lorre specifically for using a stage name. Good idea, Carlos!

kanniballl

[23]Mar 21, 2012

neo979 wrote:
    Lots of Hollywood people use fake names. I don't know why Chuck Lorre has received so much bashing in particular. I have even seen Charlie Sheen get in on insulting his nemesis Chuck Lorre specifically for using a stage name. Good idea, Carlos!

Yeh, back when all of this was in the news... I heard a guy admitting he was backing Charlie and was making fun of Chuck Lorre for changing his name.

He didn't believe me when I said Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Irwin Estevez

When he said, well he probably just wanted his father's name (Martin Sheen)... I said his father's birth name wasRamón Antonio Gerardo Estévez (Martin is his stage name)

I don't care at all if someone changes their name... if they want to cut ties to a troubled childhood/past, if they hate their given name, if they decide they're more of a John than an Irwin, etc.

It's not like the only people that do it are fugitives and identity thieves.

Edited on 03/21/2012 5:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

kerryedavis

[24]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 3

For tonight's new episodeThe Hawking Excitation, card #383,it is an interesting new (to me, at least)Vanity Card. Thing is, I'd bet money that Chuck Lorre has the people - candidates - assigned to his "ideals" vs "bat and ball and money" categories exactly backwards. But he probably can't help it. It is Hollyweird, after all.

evilmokey16

[25]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 3

I actually never knew these cards existed! I will usually turn the TV over or walk out before the credits have finished. I will have fun reading these today so thanks for the link :-)

skbrettbug

[26]Oct 3, 2013

I've read a few of them when I pause it...but Chuck Lorre seems like a really conceited type of person so I don't exactly enjoy him