The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Guys: Would you prefer a Penny or a Priya?

pudgebyrd722

[21]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 51
    Penny, no question about it for me. While Priya was exotically beautiful, too demanding, too un-accepting of Leonard's ways. If it weren't for those stupid contacts, Leonard could of chased after Penny when he talked to her at the bottom of their apartment building!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RobinDanil

[22]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 6

Definitely Penny, i don't really like Prya. Penny is so sweet and funny and although she's so different from Leonard they make a great fit!

Fekul_the_Baby

[23]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 15

Penny is kind, sweet and down to earth, while Priya's a stuck-up, gossipy bitch. Also, you really have to wonder what her and Raj's parents did to them growing up, considering his paralyzing social anxiety and pseudohomosexual tendencies.

Edited on 01/09/2012 1:01am

neo979

[24]Jan 9, 2012

JhannGunnarss wrote:
    I want Amy.

Me too.

drudager

[25]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    romeovf wrote:

So, my wife thinks that while Penny is very street-smart, loving as a person and seems to get along with all the guys (plus she's gorgeous), the facts that 1-she didn't study past high school and 2-She pretty much will be tied to her waitress job for years to come, make her not a first choice for a life partner.

However I pointed out that although Priya (while she's also beautiful) has a career, a stable job and I suppose earns good money out of it, she seems to be a little boring. It's been said on the show that she's great at sex (which I suppose is a tie between her and Penny) and that she encourages Leonard to do fun stuff like going to the beach to do some skating. But still, she seems a little "stiff" to me and also doesn't seem to tolerate much of Leonard & friends' geeky ways.

So that's the question: Would you prefer a more relaxed and understanding girl, but with a pretty big chance at being a waitress forever; or would you prefer a career woman, who is very loving but less understanding and a little more uptight?

Or maybe both, a Penny for just-girlfriend stuff and later a Priya for a life partner?

I prefer brunettes, but which ever one didn't want kids. Obviously the career & the money is a huge plus, tho Penny would be a lot more fun to be with since she's more relatable, average & a drinker. Tho Penny is also a lot of trouble, unstable and comes from a messed up family.

PrinceBlack

[26]Jan 17, 2012
    • level: 3

both are sluts..but penny can do better than priya..

Fekul_the_Baby

[27]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 15

I'll take a Bernadette. I'm not looking for kids either (considering I have a family to rival Penny's, little wonder)...plus, as Howard notes, those little hands make things look so much bigger by comparison.

hell693

[28]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 11
    Penny a million times Penny i dont care what job a girl has, i care about her personality and many times her look and she is so hot and her personality is perfect in my opinion.

tvlegend

[29]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 1

Penny without a doubt. She is funny, sincere, attractive, and most importantly, caring.

OdumC

[30]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 8
    Penny by a mile, priya doesn't even approach the scale.

Penny is down to Earth, funny, caring, nurturing (can anyone imagine priya singing "Soft Kitty"? Yeah.. me neither.) And of course, gorgeous.

And she's proud of Leonard. bragged him up to her Dad... Who cares if she's a waitress? she's also an actress who finally got a commercial which could eventually turn into something bigger if anyone even cares that much about careers.

Priya on the other hand is a manipulative control freak.. remember her demanding Leonard sign the new roommate agreement as the timer counted down? as in "Sign it or I'll stop seeing you" (KNOWING she was going back to India anyways...so she just screwed him over into signing a new biased agreement knowing she was out of the picture anyways)

Who in their right mind would want to be with someone that would pull that? just to cover her own butt because she was ashamed to tell her parents about Leonard.

Penny = Partner (in crime)
    priya = Master.

no thanks...

ChibiMaddiChan

[31]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 9

It's odd but it's sorta a 'neither'. I love Penny, don't get me wrong, but after seeing her in a relationship with Leonard and given her general track record with men and relationships in general, I don't think she's all that great of a catch to be honest. (A lot of the fights they got into were Penny's fault as a result of her being stubborn or flat out hypocritical, (like the entire argument about having an OLD BOYFRIEND sleep on her couch and getting angry that it actually bothered her new boyfriend).) Their break up just seemed like a lame cop-out by the writters to prolong the tired ole 'will they, won't they?!' but in this case, get back together. It's the annoyance that was Rachel and Ross all over again, only Penny is just far more likable and easier to relate to, because she's a real girl with real flaws.

Priya...no. Just no. Everything about her was just annoying by the end. She's too controlling, tried to change Leonard, wouldn't even stick up for their relationship to her parents (as she was too ashamed), when back to India despite their relationship without even consulting or considering Leonard's feelings, and ended up cheating on him with her old boyfriend and acting as if it was 'no big deal'. Yes, I understand the entire incident with Comic Girl didn't put Leonard in the right but when given the choice he did the right thing and missed out on what could have been a GREAT girlfriend for him--for two-timing, so wrong for him Priya anyway.

I'd take Penny over Priya any day of the week if I had to choose between the two, but honestly, neither seem right for Leonard. :/

GeronimoX

[32]Mar 23, 2012

Penny without a doubt; Blondes have more fun and she has some meat on her bones. Priya is too frail.

kerryedavis

[33]Mar 23, 2012

Penny may have been somewhat slutty before, but that was when she was lost and before meeting Leonard. Since then, they have both been improving each other.

Also remember that when Raj was dating the non-Indian deaf girl, his parents threatened to cut him off from the family money. They would certainly do the same thing with Priya, and I wouldn't be surprised if she would give in to that.

drudager

[34]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'd pick Priya knowing she's got the dough, but overall she's much hotter than Penny. But then again it'd be pointless if Priya & her parents are racist or prefer an Indian dude. I'm not really surprised that Penny is being picked by almost everyone. it's an American blonde stereotype.

kanniballl

[35]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 18

fanofcastle wrote:
    ...But I don't think it's NOT unreasonable for someone to ask their girlfriend/boyfriend not to hang out with their ex. I wouldn't want my girlfriend to hang out/be friend with her ex.

Agreed, I don't see why people are up in arms about that.

Most people really don't dig their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever hanging around with their Ex. Especially when it's the 3rd party that did the dumping. And it's not unheard of for the new girfriend/whatever to ask that the two don't hang out.

Sure, maybe you get to know them and see that they really are just friends you might be cool with it... but you also might get jealous again when they're acting a bit chummy.

That all being said, combining that with Priya lying to Leonard about returning to India and not telling her parents about him... that makes me not like her as much.

kerryedavis

[36]Apr 5, 2012
    But she wouldn't have the dough if she went with Leonard. The parents threatened to cut off Raj for the same reason. Is there any doubt they would do the same in Priya's case?

Kaili_K

[37]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 47

I prefer Penny. Don't like Priya at all.

rphjose

[38]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 4
    kerryedavis wrote:

Penny may have been somewhat slutty before, but that was when she was lost and before meeting Leonard. Since then, they have both been improving each other.

Actually, she was willing to sleep with Raj not too long ago.

urchincorps

[39]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 2

Kind of irrelevant now don't you think?

Anyway, for Leonard I would choose Penny. He has tons of friends to keep him intellectually stimulated, he doesn't need that dynamic in his romantic relationship. Plus, that is like Leonard's best possible catch (if this were reality). Honestly I can see why he'd stick it out with Priya as well, she's easily a 9 and she is a lawyer, what more could some goofy nerd with socially awkward friends ask for?

For myself? I'm definitely picking Priya. I suppose I am a bit stiff myself when it comes to a lot of things so that isn't an issue. She is right to ask her boyfriend not to see his ex, who in their right mind would want that? This is a TV show so you can see what is going on with Penny and Leonard, but in reality you don't get to be omniscient. The parents issue would be a big deal, but I'm able to adapt culturally as I don't subscribe to the culture I was born into, for the most part.

As someone else pointed out: Bernadette is the real winner here; Amy too for that matter. Those two girls are dating the hardest to deal with guys on the show (for different reasons) and they accept their flaws unconditionally. If either or those girls were options I'd take them. And Mayim Bialik isn't too hard on the eyes in real life, they do her up awful for the show. Bernadette is absolutely gorgeous. Plus both of them have a degree in something I think has real merit as opposed to Priya's law degree. Plus, and this is a huge plus, I could change my ringtone to "Bernadette." jkjk

tl;dr For Leonard, I'd pick Penny. For myself Priya. Given all the girls on the show? Bernadette, hands down.

randomjean

[40]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 8

Im a girl. But I dun see why anyone would choose Priya except for her exotic looks. She cheated on Leonard, remember?