The Big Bang Theory Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Guys: Would you prefer a Penny or a Priya?

MJPollard

[42]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 5

randomjean wrote:
    Im a girl. But I dun see why anyone would choose Priya except for her exotic looks. She cheated on Leonard, remember?
    To be fair, Leonard technically cheated on her, too, by doing the tongue dance with Alice, but still, Priya did win the "cheating contest" by going so far as to sleep with her ex. A matter of degree.

That said, Priya's exotic looks are about the only positive thing you can say about her, really. What's more important is what kind of person she is inside, and in my opinion, it's not very pretty. She's willing to cheat on her mate, without even the slightest awareness of how severe it is, but more than that, she's completely unable to live her life on her own terms. I say this because of the fact that she's unwilling to stand up to her parents, as evidenced by the fact that she wouldn't reveal her relationship with Leonard (and further, hiding her return to India from him), preferring instead to stay on "mummy and daddy's" good side. She even threatened to break it off with Leonard unless he knuckled under to Sheldon's blackmail, remember? On the other hand, Raj, for all his insecurities and other issues, is much more willing to face his parents down, speak his mind, and tell them that he's living his life the way he wants to live it. Granted, it doesn't always work, but at least he's got the guts to try, as opposed to his comparatively weak-willed sister.

Take all that into consideration, and I'd pick Penny (or Amy or Bernadette) over Priya in a heartbeat. I couldn't live with a beautiful face that hides an ugly soul.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uber_vida

[43]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 1

Definitely Penny. As another viewer stated, she is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). She doesn't have an agenda and is down to earth.

Jimmyboyt

[44]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 8

Screw that, bring back Alice, she was perfect

Edited on 08/04/2012 8:38pm

gguirao

[45]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 23

Penny.

bennett10

[46]Aug 18, 2012
    • level: 4

Penny 100%

usseagle

[47]Aug 29, 2012

i love penny priya is a pain everytime the show comes on (reruns) i'll tune it

Katie_d

[48]Aug 30, 2012
    Penny... Penny!

naldro

[49]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 31

We've invested so much time in Penny can't believe she's not the one.

itsmemadie01

[50]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 5

Penny is pretty, funny, lovable and relatable. But on the other hand Priya is really beautiful and her skin is radiant, plus she plays a lawyer who can practice law in three countries and top of her class in Cambridge, not too shabby for me. But Penny has always been there since season 1 so I guess I'll stick with her but in real life...

lubbock54

[51]Jan 6, 2013

Penny seems the best bet; her father is 100% for Leonard becoming his son-in-law. Priya's parents would definitely not feel the same way!

matty1487

[52]Jan 17, 2013
    • level: 2

Honestly, while they make great characters for a television show, I would take neither of them.

Penny is dumb as a doorknob, has a serious princess entitlement complex, and is quite hypocritical when it comes to many aspects of being in a relationship. And she's been in bed with more guys than I've had friends in my entire lifetime. I understand it's unfair to expect a mate who is "pure" but I'm not to keen on a girl who has been used like washboard and passed around like a doobie.

Priya is unbelievably rude, condescending and bossy. She has no interest in any part of Leonard's life and her only mission is to "change him". Her parents are racist and overbearing. Plus she's a friend's little sister.

I would take both of them to bed, no doubt, but I would never invest in any kind of emotional relationship with either of them.

On that note I wouldn't take Bernadette or Amy either. Bernadette has Howard's testicles and spine gripped firmly in her fists, and Amy is, well, strange.

I wish Leonard had gone with Alice.

Edited on 01/17/2013 2:15pm

Scandal2000

[53]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 7

Penny, she would be a lot of fun to spend time with and would be opened minded to try new things such as one night go to a ball game and the next time take to a fancy restaurant. Priya is an attractive woman but probably wouldn't be as exciting in the long run.

cyrusDCmonster

[54]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 2
    Penny, Priya was just annoying.

ionee24

[55]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 32
    What are we, 12?

Whoever Leonard chosses it'll be okay by me. It's his life, after all.

Romano338

[56]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 8

Penny

Priya tried to change Leonard too much, and she was sometimes annoying.

Beautiful, yes, but Penny has nohing to blush about in that area (I actually prefer Penny as a matter of beauty)

Edited on 12/29/2013 10:08pm

zzbeach

[57]Mar 8, 2013
    • level: 12

I think they're both beautiful, but during the The Contractual Obligation Implementation episode, I did wish Priya would have joined the girls to Disney and get made over as Princess Jasmine. Priya dressed up as Jasmine would have brought out my inner Austin Powers. Yeah baby, yeah!!!

skbrettbug

[58]Aug 16, 2013
    • level: 20

I don't think I would prefer either of them. Sure, Penny's got the looks and Priya's got the smarts, but wouldn't one want a combination of both? And they both seem somewhat flamboyant.

indytd

[59]Dec 29, 2013

Penny...........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny...........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)..............Penny.........(rap, rap, rap)............(door opens)................yes, Sheldon...............didn't I tell you not to answer the door unless it was Leonard or I................I knew it was you, Sheldon.............how?...........I could hear Priya telling Leonard not to let you talk to me all the way from your apt to mine, while they were "getting busy" in his bedroom.

Edited on 12/29/2013 10:00pm

holgatej77

[60]Nov 15, 2014
    • level: 6

I'm waaaay too lazy to read other comments...

This thread is old and a lot has happened, but it's still a valid question.

1. Attractiveness-wise: Priya, but she's pretty bitchy ("stiff" is being nice.)

2. Personality-wise: Penny. And the best part is her character has grown so much over the course of the series.

Penny is probably one of my favorite TV characters of all time (next to Homer Simpson - how's that for juxtaposition?) She likes her Husker Football (which is fine with me since they're in a different conference than the Ducks/Beavers) but she's not too proud to take a class at the Community College and try to better herself. Penny really does have a lot of great qualities. Priya? Meh...

Though, in conclusion... Not that I actually pay this any credence whatsoever, but Penny is a Sagittarius, as am I, and as much fun as the ride would be, I'm not sure how long it would last. I guess it's about 50/50. In some ways it would be a lot of work (for both of us.) BTW, this is totally hypothetical, here, you know that, right? It's a TV show.

Edited on 11/15/2014 2:38am