The Big Bang Theory Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

How many 'Roseanne' alums will be on 'Big Bang'?

phatty_jr86

[1]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 11

How many actors from Roseanne will make guest appearences on The Big Bang Theory? We have already seen Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf. I think it would be awesome to get Roseanne and John Goodman on there as Leonard's parents. And maybe Michael Fishman (D.J. from Roseanne) as another scientist? Lecy Goranson (Becky #1 on Roseanne) as Penny's older sister? I think it would be AMAZING to have the whole Roseanne cast on the same episode. It would probably cost a little bit of money but it would be worth it in terms of publicity and possibly high ratings. What do you guys think? Which characters do YOU think the Roseanne cast should play on Big Bang?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Katey1289

[2]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 1

I guess you figured out by now that Chuck Lorre who was the creator/prodcuer is also the creator/producer of The Big Bang Theory.

By the way, Sara Gilbert returns next week as Leslie Winkle, and will have a steamy one night stand with Leonard.

crazytalk84

[3]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    i was thinking the samething when i started seeing them appear in the show, and i do hope that more of them make an appearance

Raedaddy

[4]Oct 24, 2007

Hello all! I'm new and this is my first post.

It looks like I may be in a minority but the guest appearances by "Rosanne" cast members are coming to quick and too soon. They need to establish these actors and that they can make it on their own without the "all-star" help, as it were. Granted it would be cute to see Leonards parents as Rosanne and John Goodman, but let's give it some time before bringing any more on.

jkxbox360

[5]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 15
    It would be very cool to eventually see Roseanne make a guest appearance.

Maybe during February sweeps?

phatty_jr86

[6]Oct 26, 2007
    • level: 11
    Raedaddy wrote:

It looks like I may be in a minority but the guest appearances by "Rosanne" cast members are coming to quick and too soon. They need to establish these actors and that they can make it on their own without the "all-star" help, as it were. Granted it would be cute to see Leonards parents as Rosanne and John Goodman, but let's give it some time before bringing any more on.

Welcome! I agree with you to a certain extent. I think they should wait a while before they have Roseanne and/or John Goodman on, if they have them on. The show and cast need to form some chemistry with just each other. Guest stars usually mess with the chemistry.

Herodite777

[7]Oct 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    Raedaddy wrote:

I actually think they have handled it very carefully. I was very shocked to see Darlene (forgot the actress' names...once they become famous for a role it sticks with them as an alt. name for life) in the episode the first time, and I am hoping she becomes a regular (2 episodes so far...)

JaysonHahn

[8]Oct 31, 2012

They should have Roseanne on as Penny's mom...

kcs_niagara_usa

[9]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 8

OR....

this would be quirky but "fitting"

what iF the ON SCREEN showing of HOWARD's MOM is seen as ROSEANNE !!!

> YES I am fully aware of the voice is actress __________ but

that VOICE would FIT Howard's mom - - maybe have the actress say " HOWARD"

then...have Roseanne be downstairs and borrow a page from Home Improvement...

>Howard asks mom: "Mind I go with leonard to the movies..."
    (SHE *happens* to take a drink) and simply nods yes...

Leonard suggests she joins them, and at dinner - she can *POINT* to

a menu - and as the walk out of the resturant ( AND BACK TO THE CAM)

have a VOICE -overDub- [by] other actress ( howards voice) thanks for buying

me dinner Leonard.... ( and perhaps even throw in a Roseanne joke/reference)
    >Such as::: u neeever bought me dinner before> (as "David") came over for dinner,

but never bought it
    *LOL*

ionee24

[10]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 32

crazytalk84 wrote:
    i was thinking the samething when i started seeing them appear in the show, and i do hope that more of them make an appearance
    I didn't even know there were Rosseane alumni until I read these posts. Great catch!

Edited on 12/13/2012 8:44am