We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Kill the laugh track.

pretty_sure

[42]Dec 30, 2010
    • level: 38

I personlly like the live audiences I wishsitcoms would go back to it. Its just something about all those people laughing with you. I do see where some of you are coming from, if its not an accually audience it can seem like the editors are telling you what you should think is funny, or they think everything they write is funny.

I do have to say that I think it's benificial for the show. For 1 I think people have to pay to get in, so It brings in more money then a sucessful show like TBBT does. Also, I think It makes the acting better. I don't know any of you have ever acted in a play or something, but theres something about an audiance that keeps you on your toes. The idea that if you mess up theres a group of people to see, make you do the best you can.

Either way, TBBT is an Amazing show, and even though they have been move in the sam time slot as NBCs comedy its still striving, which shows that millions of people are watching and enjoying a great show every week without getting all hung up on little things like an audiance laughing.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Prplpixie

[43]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 5

check this out its one of chuck lorre's vanity cards

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=282

doguineta

[44]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 20
    Prplpixie wrote:

check this out its one of chuck lorre's vanity cards

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=282

Off-Topic too much??

Prplpixie

[45]Jan 8, 2011
    • level: 5
    no its not did u actually check it out? its a picture of the studio audience captioned we are often accused of using a "laugh machine" on big bang this s our laugh machine

so no its not off topic

doguineta

[46]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 20
    Prplpixie wrote:
    no its not did u actually check it out? its a picture of the studio audience captioned we are often accused of using a "laugh machine" on big bang this s our laugh machine

so no its not off topic

Ok, sorry. But you could have said what the vanity card was about instead of posting it there out of the blue.

mistaria

[47]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 7

The problem is that the pacing of the dialogue is unnatural because the actors have to wait for the laugh to be done so people can actually hear their lines. Thus is turns just about everything a character says into a witty one-liner even if all they did was enter a room and say "hey guys" in a completely normal, not at all funny fashion. I would love to watch this show but I can't because the laughing drives me insane and I can't connect to the characters or plot at all because of the unnatural pacing of their dialogue.

neo979

[48]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 6

I say, bring in the ostrich from Family Guy.

Amazon_Hollow

[49]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 8

Listen, People!

Sitcoms Shows are taped right front of Live Audiences into a Studio on stage. And all of their stage sets locations of the show, are close together side by side on stage into one place like big castle or mension. They make it seem like the locations appears into show are some place else, to be more realistic than fake. That's way we see the cast/characters leave off/come back so quickly. Because the characters location they're going to, is actually next door to another stage set location. When the cast members to the series film pair episodes. They've Live Audiences into a Studio with them while filming. Well Sitcoms Shows had the Live Audiences along side, to the cast/characters and series for long time now. Since the 1940's, 1950's, 1960's and 1970's at least or so... The Live Audiences ain't there trying make us laugh at random things or stuff. It's there making Sitcoms Series, to be as a Sitcom Show as a symbol terms. More differently than Comedy Films is well put directly used of material. And also as Christmas/Halloween decorations put on walls and dressing up our houses or yards. Maybe or Probably Sitcoms can be like live entertainment stage play at some theater and we're Live Audiences watching the play.

And

Why would i laugh at the Audiences anyway? Taking them so seriously with their laughter evey 5 seconds. They're just a symbol as a decoration to the series. Making a sitcom series, what it is as a sitcom show. I laugh when the cast members/characters is really funny & say funny jokes and does funny stunts.

Samuel2484

[50]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 16

mistaria wrote:

The problem is that the pacing of the dialogue is unnatural because the actors have to wait for the laugh to be done so people can actually hear their lines. Thus is turns just about everything a character says into a witty one-liner even if all they did was enter a room and say "hey guys" in a completely normal, not at all funny fashion. I would love to watch this show but I can't because the laughing drives me insane and I can't connect to the characters or plot at all because of the unnatural pacing of their dialogue.

Completely agree.

AussieMaddog

[51]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 3
    I find the way the Live Audience laughter is handled to be off-putting as well, the Producers should find out how Married With Children handled it as that Audience was way louder and it never really hurt the show or line delivery.

edmasterchaos

[52]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 41
    Samuel2484 wrote:

mistaria wrote:

Completely agree.

Agreed. If it's a live studio or a laugh track doesn't change a thing, if the dialog must constantly be paused in order to allow the laugh to run its course then it's annoying. Though i wouldn't say it drives me insane, just makes it all much slower and dull.

Amazon_Hollow

[53]Nov 14, 2011

Hmmm....

What is the truely difference when we laugh? We're like the 2 second live audiences laughing over the screen by play. But more louder with high laughter than the live audiences into the studio displaying along side to the sitcom. If we don't hear the cast members/characters jokes and lines by play? Because we're dyng with high laughter by the stunts & jokes they're pulling off. It's always good to re-watch the episode, get what we didn't hear or miss over high laughter. You ever think come to notice at all. Maybe it's not the live audiences into the studio really. It's truely us by laughing with high laughter being more louder than the live audiences into the studio. It's annoying because we're laughing and the live audiences into the studio are laughing also as well. You ever think come to notice at all. Sitcom Shows actually has 2 live audiences laughing over the screen by play. First one, the live audiences into the studio displaying along side to the sitcom. And Second one, us being fans audiences at home watching the sitcom.

Example:

Oh, man! I can film myself watching my favorite programmings on camera. I can totally tell ya right now, you won't hear the show clearly at all. Because i will be dying with high laughter into the background. It's exactly the same way, with the live audiences into the studio displaying along side to the sitcom are put.

bronbrons27

[54]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 14
    Who really cares about the audience laughter? Are you saying the show would be funnier without it? The jokes/dialogue would still be exactly the same, the show would be just as funny with or without the laughter in the background.

I grew up watching Friends, so I suppose I just got used to it, because honestly, I don't even notice the laughter really anymore, because most of the time, I'm laughing as well.

josephhendren

[55]Dec 28, 2012
    • level: 1

Regardless of the fact that it is a live audience, the laugh track isundoubtedly sweetened, you can tell by just watching an episode.

Drunken_Cowboy

[56]Feb 9, 2013
    Yeah it's obvious. They need to dual it back. And if it is real, then take away some of the microphones. It's way too loud.

JennySanduJax

[57]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 2
    It's LIVE Audience!!!

phaxo

[58]Feb 14, 2013
    Watched a taping early in the first season, and it's definitely a live audience, and yes everyone laughs. They can certainly mix down or up the laughs as much as they want with the actor's voice recordings. Some of the scenes they run through with a couple different jokes and pick whichever gets the best reaction/effect in their final cut. The scenes are shot in sequence, and the location shots are played back in the studio so they get a live audience reaction to those as well. Not sure why everyone thinks audience reaction and/or laugh tracks are a bad idea. I always thought it was a hilarious show..period

Romano338

[59]Feb 27, 2013
    I see a lot of people complaining about the laughs in TV shows.
    I can assure you: you get rid of the laughs, you will laugh twice less.