The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread - 5x21 "The Hawking Excitation"

phonzee101

[1]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 13

Keep all talk about the April 5th episode here.

Woah I think that's the third time Sheldon's ever been wrong on the history of this show.

Edited on 04/12/2012 2:30pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kerryedavis

[2]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 3

Interesting new Vanity Card. Thing is, I'd bet money that Chuck Lorre has the people - candidates -assigned to his "ideals" vs "bat and ball and money" exactly backwards. But he probably can't help it. It is Hollyweird, after all.

Edited on 04/05/2012 8:16pm

bronbrons27

[3]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 14

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Howard getting back at Sheldon, because Sheldon IS really mean to him sometimes.

I've actually enjoyed not seeing Amy in the last couple of episodes as well! I do like Amy, but I don't like when she's in every single episode, and I don't like any storylines she has with Penny, so these last couple of episodes have just been a nice break from her.

Edited on 04/06/2012 12:39pm

bennett10

[4]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 4

God, this show has really gone down hill. It's rarely funny.

They need to get rid of Amy and Burnadette. The show was so much better when it was just the guys and Penny.

Just my opinion, but I laughed maybe once the entire episode, which has been the case for most of this season.

antdude

[5]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 27
    Decent episode. Nice cameo by Stephen Hawking in person at the end.

rphjose

[6]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 4

A couple of continuity errors:

Raj forgot to mention Sheldon begging Leonard and Penny to allow him to go to Switzerland to see the supercollider.

Sheldon says that he has never claimed that Howard doesn't perform his job well, only that what he does isn't worth doing, but when Howard's space toilet didn't work he did insult his skills.

Edited on 04/07/2012 7:10pm

MeAgentOfChaos

[7]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 2

ya i agree, they need to bring the girls from 2 broke girls into a cameo role to ignite the humor again...the show hasn't been good for years now. I can just see the interaction between Raj and Max...

urchincorps

[8]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 2

MeAgentOfChaos wrote:

ya i agree, they need to bring the girls from 2 broke girls into a cameo role to ignite the humor again...the show hasn't been good for years now. I can just see the interaction between Raj and Max...

Raj + Max = comedy gold for anyone who watches both shows. I think Caroline would treat Raj like Han.

As for OP, 4 edits and you still have a glaring grammar problem. What is up with, "Its nice to Howard feel like a Numerator and not a Denominator?" Seriously, that entire sentence hurts my brain.

phonzee101

[9]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 13

urchincorps wrote:

MeAgentOfChaos wrote:

Raj + Max = comedy gold for anyone who watches both shows. I think Caroline would treat Raj like Han.

As for OP, 4 edits and you still have a glaring grammar problem. What is up with, "Its nice to Howard feel like a Numerator and not a Denominator?" Seriously, that entire sentence hurts my brain.

In all fairness it was hard to conjure up the words for that sentence. You must under stand the massage I was trying to convey, that Howard was all over Sheldon in this episode as the numerator isthe top number in a fraction. I'm sorry I brought pain to one your body's most important organs as a token of my appreciation I'll delete that sentence.

Edited on 04/12/2012 2:31pm
    Edited 3 total times.