The Big Bang Theory Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official Episode Discussion Thread --> "The Roommate Transmogrification&

doguineta

[1]May 19, 2011
    • level: 20

SEASON FINALE! - "Hearing Star Trek sex games between Leonard and Priya sends Raj to live with Sheldon. Bernadette's earning her Ph.D makes the guys mock Wolowitz for not having one even more."

It looks like that may shake things up with Raj moving in w/Sheldon...

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]May 19, 2011
    • level: 28

Line of the night:

"When does a monkey have a trunk?"

"When a suitcase just won't do." Ha!

And now I can see Penny and Raj becoming a couple. Help me. But, I don't think they did anything. Just sleep.

And, seriously, Leonard you can do so much better.

Heh. Ever wake up in the morning and find that you just don't have a clue about anything going on?

(And there have been no tornadoes in Kansas City.)

Kat

CrpnDth

[3]May 19, 2011
    • level: 2

Penny`s kind of easy...

Edited on 05/19/2011 5:51pm

bronbrons27

[4]May 19, 2011
    • level: 14
    I thought this was a great episode! Certainly better than last weeks'.

historylover20 wrote:
    And now I can see Penny and Raj becoming a couple. Help me.
    Hahaha, I can actually see it now too, but I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing, I loved all the Raj/Penny scenes in this episode.

Penny/Raj/Sheldon were by far the best parts of this episode.
    I loved Sheldon's glow-in-the-dark paint arrows LOL and all the paperwork he made Raj fill out.

Leonard and Priya seriously have to break up.
    But if they don't, I'd like to see Raj and Sheldon living together for a bit longer next season.

Howard/Bernadette scenes were kinda cute as well, and I liked all the "Howard the only one who isn't a doctor" jokes too.

TylerA46

[5]May 20, 2011
    • level: 11

Awful episode, terrible. Penny and Raj is disgusting.

ryuken1513

[6]May 20, 2011
    • level: 1
    This season finale kinda kill the show for me, really? Raj and Penny, another Friends? Things will be weird for Leonard and this will not turn out like HIMYM where they can hang out like nothing happen. These kinds of relationship is just plain weird. Just thinking bout your best friend dating your ex-girlfriend.

Mich_Mari

[7]May 20, 2011
    • level: 4

Didn't really feel like a season finale. As a regular episode it would be good, but as a finale?? I don't know.. Well, I loved Howard and Bernadette and all of the Howard-related jokes. I didn't like the jokes towards Leonard, though, and Sheldon "telling them" was just weird. Excluding the Star Trek thing and Howard's mother wanting to play "Doctor" with Raj the rest of the episode was good. Plus I'm sure what to think about Penny/Raj, I have absolutely no idea, what they plan for them next season, but I hope it's not gonna be like every other American sitcom - at first it's gonna be weird, then they get together and then break up, no thank you. They don't even remember anything. At first I thought, it's gonna be like on Will & Grace, that simply nothing happened, but I'm not sure, how they'd figure that out..

Shredmastahflux

[8]May 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    I have to agree.. I wasn't to happy to see Raj and Penny hook up. It just felt to forced. On the other hand it could *possibly* open up for an interesting premier to next season. Obviously Raj and Leonard will still be friends but it will be interesting to see the conflict since those 2 really haven't had any issues since the show started. The only thing i didn't like was the episode itself didn't really feel like a finale. It just seemed like a good filler episode(no cliffhanger and whatnot). Like always Sheldon was the shining light of comedy but not quite as strong as usual. For next season i hope the writers will have less Amy and Priya and more Sheldon/condescending/insult everything and everyone humor. Also what happened to bazinga? He hasn't busted one of those in a while.. hope they renew for more seasons

jekyll

[9]May 20, 2011
    • level: 86

One of the best of the season, if not the best. Even if it turns out Raj and Penny did do it (which I doubt), they're not going to become a couple; itwas a drunken hook-up, at most.

welnoc

[10]May 20, 2011
    • level: 9

How can people think it was not a decent season finale/cliffhanger?

Penny/Raj: did they or didn't they? If they did, pregnancy?

Leonard/Priya: have they broken up or haven't they? Will Priya change her mind about going back to India? Will Leonard decide to follow her (at least temporarily)?

Leonard-Penny-Priya: is seeing Penny and Raj the incident that finally kills his interest in Penny? Has all the evasions about their relationship killed his interest in Priya? What will happen to the budding friendship between Priya and Penny?

Sheldon/Raj: is it a match made in heaven, or will Sheldon want Leonard back?

Howard/Bernadette: is the engagement still on, or is it just adjusting to a change in their relastionship?

There are tons of unanswered question to think about until the Fall season! This episode could be quite a game changer and I one for wasn't expecting to get to the end of the season with all kinds of questions I don't want to wait 4 months to have answered!

I thought it was a great episode. 5/5

As for the "how can they know if they did it or not" question, are you joking? Any woman who is in touch with her own body will recognize signs of sexual activity even if they have no memory of it. There would be other signs too if they were responsible about having sex. I find that whole, "I had no idea I'd had sex" plot device totally implausible.

Canogaparkcindy

[11]May 20, 2011
    • level: 49
    ryuken1513 wrote:
    This season finale kinda kill the show for me, really? Raj and Penny, another Friends? Things will be weird for Leonard and this will not turn out like HIMYM where they can hang out like nothing happen. These kinds of relationship is just plain weird. Just thinking bout your best friend dating your ex-girlfriend.
    Haha, it's funny, when Raj & Penny hooked up, it really did remind me of Joey & Rachel. Does anyone else think Penny is a lot like Rachel?

phonzee101

[12]May 20, 2011
    • level: 13

As soon as Sheldon left Raj and Penny alone in the living room I knew what was going to happen. But there was this small part of me hoping the writers didn't have the cojones to pull it off. When I saw those two in bed i just wonder how Raj and Penny are going to react with each other in the fall.

Its all right September take your time.

antdude

[13]May 20, 2011
    • level: 27
    Decent season finale. It was not the best for sure.

brookeishot

[14]May 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    They aren't going to be a couple. Raj can't even talk to Penny if he isn't drinking. So unless the writers plan on turning him into an alcoholic just so that they can have some doomed relationship, its not going to happen.

I did enjoy the Sheldon and Raj scenes though.

I hope Leonard breaks up with Priya. It ridiculous. She's ashamed of him and he's just ok with that?

Prplpixie

[15]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

Lol, i loved how she said REALLY!? You still can't talk to me?

nilmac

[16]May 20, 2011
    • level: 3

What the HELL was up with this finale... disappointing, BUT I guess that's it with the whole Leonard/Penny thing.. good! Think Leonard should either go with Priya to India or get his own place

DresserBoys

[17]May 20, 2011
    • level: 18

My EYES!

azngamer007

[18]May 21, 2011
    • level: 7

terrible... i think this is the first episode that i sincerely dislike (and i'm a huge fan of the show). i really hope that next season they TRULY just say that raj and penny were just sleeping and somehow play it off with a weird (possibly sheldon related hahaha) excuse.

Leonard and Priya (spelling?) are not entertaining at all. they should break up or get interesting quick. Although I do like Raj and Sheldon living together... so put leonard in penny's apartment and put raj and sheldon together

pszeto

[19]May 21, 2011
    • level: 1

Sigh... Sign of the show "Jumping the Shark". I thought the writers had more comedy ideas than decide to put Raj with Penny. Forget the "Friends" element - which I can see as well. Show did have some great zingers than most but in the end, I'm hoping it was all a dream. Agree? LOL

angeland8

[20]May 21, 2011
    • level: 10
    Loved it, especially the ending