The Big Bang Theory Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official Episode Thread "The Wildebeest Implementation"

historylover20

[1]May 5, 2011
    • level: 28

Off to check my spelling...

Edited to correct my spelling, as per the title listed here.

Kat

Edited on 05/05/2011 11:45am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]May 5, 2011

This is the first one I've seen in quite a while. It was OK, but not the best.

OK, I don't play chess. Sheldon kept saying he invented TWO pieces, and he tells Raj that he was thinking of creating a third. So, he said that he created the Old Woman and the Servant. But, he mentioned a Serpent, which I'm pretty sure that's not a piece in standard chess. So, did Sheldon all of a sudden forget how to count? Although the tag pretty much solved that riddle for me.

Raj is now way too comfortable with his body.

I really don't like Priya. She's pretty, but a real bee-otch. When's Leonard going to dump her?

But, Bernadette is hilarious. And, is it just me or does anyone else want to know more about Amy spending two years in the Cub Scouts before anyone discovered she was a girl? Just me? Growing up, I was in Girl Scouts for all of a year. I hated it. But, I thought Cub Scouts were pretty cool. But, I couldn't join. I identified.

Kat

that70sshow2000

[3]May 5, 2011
    • level: 15
    This wasn't the season finale, was it?

Mich_Mari

[4]May 5, 2011
    • level: 4

I liked this episode. It was fun. Except for Raj's "reaction to the pills", but it was obvious from the very beggining that they come with something embarrassing and lame for him, not exactly news. Bernadette was awesome - seems she got most of the air-time and it really paid off. Movie in Prague, yay!! Glad it's fictional, though. After Tom Cruise that would make two famous actors who I don't like, not far from our university. Or they could be here on weekends, when I'm at home. But the TBBT cast would be welcome. Sorry, off topic.

Loved this episode, but I still hope the other two left will be better.

antdude

[5]May 5, 2011
    • level: 27
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    This wasn't the season finale, was it?
    Nope. 5/19/2011 is the last one for this season.

Tonight's episode was soso.
    Edited on 05/05/2011 10:52pm

akkigrl

[6]May 6, 2011
    • level: 10
    historylover20 wrote:

OK, I don't play chess. Sheldon kept saying he invented TWO pieces, and he tells Raj that he was thinking of creating a third. So, he said that he created the Old Woman and the Servant. But, he mentioned a Serpent, which I'm pretty sure that's not a piece in standard chess. So, did Sheldon all of a sudden forget how to count? Although the tag pretty much solved that riddle for me.

He never mentioned a servant, that I could tell. It was always a serpent, because he then right away goes on to describe how it slithers and poisons an opponent's playing piece (LOL!). So that would be only two (until the tag, when he created more than just a third piece, hahaha!). =D

bronbrons27

[7]May 6, 2011
    • level: 14
    Yeah this episode was alright, the past two or three episodes before were much better, but this one wasn't completely awful.

I'll admit Bernadette was hilarious, I've come to like her so much more recently than when she first came on the show.
    Sheldon's chess thing was pretty funny too and I did like his line, talking about Einstein, "If he hadn't been such a hound-dog we'd all have time machines. You know I'm right" hahaha.
    And I also really like how the Penny-Amy friendship has developed, their scenes together are always really great.
    But that was basically it... Raj in the coffee shop was just kind of weird.

historylover20 wrote:
    I really don't like Priya. She's pretty, but a real bee-otch. When's Leonard going to dump her?
    Completely agree with this, I hope he dumps her at the end of the season.

historylover20

[8]May 6, 2011

akkigrl wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

He never mentioned a servant, that I could tell. It was always a serpent, because he then right away goes on to describe how it slithers and poisons an opponent's playing piece (LOL!). So that would be only two (until the tag, when he created more than just a third piece, hahaha!). =D

I must have misheard. Thanks!

Kat

DarthFreeza

[9]May 7, 2011
    • level: 23

Pretty good episode.
    Penny, Amy, and Bernadette were great (as they have been for the past few episodes).
    Sheldon's chess was great.
    Everyone reacting to Bernadette's freaking out had to be the highlight of the episode for me.
    Priya annoyed me as always. Hope she leaves soon.

firefairyangel

[10]May 7, 2011
    • level: 12
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I found this episode hilarious. Especially Amy's phone autocorrecting "architect" to "astronaut". Bernadette was excellent. Sheldon's chess idea was not very interesting to me, but I liked his interactions with Raj, especially when he was sent to get a scone. I don't mind Priya so much. She's a little controlling, but it must be awkward for her to have her boyfriend constantly being around his ex. That doesn't give her the right to forbid him from seeing Penny though.

chicamusica12

[11]May 9, 2011
    • level: 13

bronbrons27 wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:
    Completely agree with this, I hope he dumps her at the end of the season.

Yeah, I dunno cause the summary for the season finale is:

"The Roommate Transmogrification" - When Bernadette receives her Ph.D., the guys take joy in reminding an emasculated Wolowitz that he is the only one in their group who isn't a doctor. Meanwhile, Koothrappali becomes Sheldon's new roommate after hearing Leonard and Priya engaging in a "Star Trek" bedroom fantasy, on the fourth season finale of THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, May 19 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

johnmarlena422

[12]May 11, 2011
    • level: 16
    I can't stand Priya either but I guess I can find comfort in the fact that she's just a filler for Leonard's love life till Penny gets her act together lol