The Big Bang Theory Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official Episode Thread: The Zarnecki Incursion

historylover20

[1]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 28

So, March Madness is over, and my 'Hawks decided not to show up for their Elite Eight game to put them into the Final Four, which screwed up a lot of brackets (including the President's). Or, at least they played like they weren't in the arena. So, go VCU!

So, with that note, this week's synopsis, courtesy on TV Guide.com:

The guys become sleuths to find out who hacked into Sheldon's online-game account.

See you Thursday.

Kat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doguineta

[2]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 20
    Awesome. But if it's Krpike, it was a very easy mystery.

bronbrons27

[3]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 14
    ^^ I hope it's not Kripke, haha, that guy really annoys me. Stuart is way better.

historylover20

[4]Mar 31, 2011

I like Kripke, but I hope it's not him. As you said, it makes for an easy mystery.

Kat

historylover20

[5]Mar 31, 2011

OK, my timer ran out halfway during the stinger (when Penny and Priya were walking up the stairs). It ran out right when Penny pulled out her phone. What happened after that?

I can't believe that, so far, Leonard has chosen Priya over Penny. I know that will change, but I kind of disliked her in this one (Priya). So, now Leonard can't hang out with his male friends anymore either?

And, Penny just rocks. Loved the Nebraskan way to conclude the quest to get Sheldon's stuff back.

Kat

DresserBoys

[6]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 18

historylover20 wrote:

OK, my timer ran out halfway during the stinger (when Penny and Priya were walking up the stairs). It ran out right when Penny pulled out her phone. What happened after that?

I can't believe that, so far, Leonard has chosen Priya over Penny. I know that will change, but I kind of disliked her in this one (Priya). So, now Leonard can't hang out with his male friends anymore either?

And, Penny just rocks. Loved the Nebraskan way to conclude the quest to get Sheldon's stuff back.

Kat

Just awkward silence between the two all the way to their floor and they part ways with Penny saying "I don want to fling my poop at her"

Loved the episode. Shelton jumped from Alliance to Horde

that70sshow2000

[7]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 15
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

Figures a GIRL would like that part LOL

antdude

[8]Apr 1, 2011
    Decent episode, but better than previous ones.

Mich_Mari

[9]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 4

The main plot was even not that interesting, but it was funny - I laughed throughout the whole episode. And I just loved Sheldon's: "People think, I don't get sarcasm." and "I'm losin' it, man!" cracked me up.

The "WOW" thing - I always thought, it had to be such a great, interesting (and other good things) game, but one time during the lecture on inorganic chemistry (3 hours) last semester, I was looking around the auditorium(?), if someone's watching TBBT again, one time some girl was watching "Inception" there and that time one guy was playing WoW, I was shocked - such a small characters just walkng around or riding an elephant (or whatever it was) - since then I officially don't get, what people love so much about it..

But I really enjoyed this episode.

JimmeDK

[10]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 7
    Mich_Mari wrote:

The main plot was even not that interesting, but it was funny - I laughed throughout the whole episode. And I just loved Sheldon's: "People think, I don't get sarcasm." and "I'm losin' it, man!" cracked me up.

The "WOW" thing - I always thought, it had to be such a great, interesting (and other good things) game, but one time during the lecture on inorganic chemistry (3 hours) last semester, I was looking around the auditorium(?), if someone's watching TBBT again, one time some girl was watching "Inception" there and that time one guy was playing WoW, I was shocked - such a small characters just walkng around or riding an elephant (or whatever it was) - since then I officially don't get, what people love so much about it..

But I really enjoyed this episode.

Well it's extremely addictive once you get into it, unfortunately.
    There is a lot more to it than riding around. I do know where you are coming from though, as had excatly the same perception of the game watching people play before I actuelly started myself.

Regarding the plot it's pretty weak for several reasons. First of all you can pretty much make sure you won't get hacked by using an authenticator, which a guy like Sheldon would obviously know. Secondly, to get all your stuff back all you have to do is make a ticket and you will get all your stuff back. Thirdly you can't actuelly steal a mount that a charecter have already used.

Anyways, it had it's moments.

jekyll

[11]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 86

As an avid gamer (but not a WoWer) I knew this would be a great episode, and it didn't disappoint. And Mrs. Wolowitz was awesome!

doguineta

[12]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 20
    Why did they have to take Glenn?!?!?!?!?!

Great episode BTW. I loved Raj's little obsession with Legoland, Woard's mom supahpower, and Sheldon's kilgon blade. Penny's groin kicking moment was awesome, and I'm a DUDE.

PS: In the stniger Penny actually says "Amy's right, I DO want to throw my poop at her". Not "...I don't want..." to.

that70sshow2000

[13]Apr 1, 2011
    Then you never been hit there bro. I've been one time, in my former university's self defense class...I didn't fall down like Penny's victim (tv/movie groin shots are way overdramatized) but it was sore as hell for almost 15min. And my MALE. Partner is the one who accidentally did it. Another time we were sparring and we were doing contact pushing and the dude didn't even do it that hard or think it did and I fell over LOL. The class and myself got a laugh out of that lol.

bronbrons27

[14]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 14
    I thought this was a pretty good episode, better than the last few episodes.

Penny especially was really funny, and I even liked Amy and Bernadette more in this episode too.

Next week's episode looks really good too!

firefairyangel

[15]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 12
    I thought this was an excellent episode. I loved Amy's "peer pressure" lines. I can understand why Priya was annoyed though. I know someone commented that she was being too harsh not letting Leonard hang out with his friends either, but she'd come over specifically to see him and then wasn't getting any attention at all. That is pretty rude of him. Overall, loved it.

kok_warlock

[16]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 11

Damn, what a great episode, I was having the feeling the episode would end with them leaving empty-handed, the way it ended, AWESOME!, It'd be nice if Penny landed even one more strike.

Great episode, far, far better than the last ones, Penny rulezz...

IAmsterdam

[17]Apr 4, 2011

that70sshow2000 wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

Figures a GIRL would like that part LOL

I'm a dude too and I also liked it. Penny rocks!

firefairyangel wrote:
    I thought this was an excellent episode. I loved Amy's "peer pressure" lines. I can understand why Priya was annoyed though. I know someone commented that she was being too harsh not letting Leonard hang out with his friends either, but she'd come over specifically to see him and then wasn't getting any attention at all. That is pretty rude of him. Overall, loved it.

If you mean that Priya came from India to be with Leonard, it's not correct. Priya was sent there on a project by her employers. She might even be staying as she was offered a position there aswell. If I understand it well, it's a big deal that she is considering staying for Leonard as It is allways better for your career to work directly at corporate headquarters in Indian companies.

Edited on 04/04/2011 5:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

that70sshow2000

[18]Apr 4, 2011
    Do youu mean you thought "shed come over" meant Priya moving to USW to be with me?

Lol, by "she'd come over" I am pretty positive the poster meant she coming ovedr to his apartment.

I forget Priya's exact words,but I am pretty sure she was belittling Leonard and the activity in some way saying he's a grown man who is too old for that stuff. That's different than just being jealous over the lack of attention he was given her.

This is one reason why Penny is better for him. She was already accepting of everything about him and what he is like while Prya is not. In fact his differences is something she loved/admired about him. Like her not being about to date dumb pretty boys after Leonard, for example.

But anyway this is what the writers want us to feel about Prya vs Penny for Leonard. If anyone if rooting for Prya then there's a lack of synergy between that person and the writer's intentions.

IAmsterdam

[19]Apr 4, 2011
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Do youu mean you thought "shed come over" meant Priya moving to USW to be with me?

Lol, by "she'd come over" I am pretty positive the poster meant she coming ovedr to his apartment.

This is one reason why Penny is better for him. She was already accepting of everything about him and what he is like while Prya is not. In fact his differences is something she loved/admired about him. Like her not being about to date dumb pretty boys after Leonard, for example.

I kind of thought so, but you never know!

I agree with you that Penny is better for him.

Priya has already started to change him and that is actually a passive-agressive way to say that you are no good! So, yes, he is better off with Penny. Then again, you never know what the twisted mind of the writers are going to take the story into. Just like on Smallville every time Clarck and Lana got together they wrote them appart...

that70sshow2000

[20]Apr 4, 2011
    I highly doubt LPr will be together at all next season and if so only for a handful of episodes tops. Clearly Priya is a roadblock so to speak of LP. I see Priya as the served as the same purpose of Julie of Ross and Rachel. Though unlike PRIYA I actually liked JR better than RR.