The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

The Wiggly Finger Catalyst

historylover20

[1]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 28

Didn't Raj already date a deaf girl off-screen? Or did I imagine that?

I took sign language for a couple years. I'm pretty rusty in it. But I loved to see Howard and Raj signing. They were using actual signs. Howard's pretty good at it. He was Signing Exact English, and most deaf uses American Sign Language. Same signs, but different order to the sentence structures. Still that was fun. (However, Raj picked up the signing very quickly.)

I had to laugh at Howard now being more familiar with what a woman wants to hear. Old Howard probably would have made those deaf jokes. He's changed. But, it's nice to know that somethings just don't change.

Sheldon with his mustache was pretty dashing.

Kat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KaiRea

[2]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 10
    historylover20 wrote:

Didn't Raj already date a deaf girl off-screen? Or did I imagine that?

No, you didn't. I can't remember the episode, but the discussion is in the Comic Store about how he has a girlfriend when he can't talk to womenen. His response is 'Two words: Deaf chick!'

So yeah. He's alredy had a deaf girlfriend. Maybe they forgot, just like they forgot Sheldon was allergic to cats in the episode where he gets about 20.

hell693

[3]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 11
    This episode was the best episode in this season yet i really enjoyed it and laughed so hard there is just one question when did Howard become smooth with women and Raj was so dumb in this episode he doesnt know how to talk to a woman at all.

bronbrons27

[4]Oct 9, 2011
    • level: 14
    ^^ I agree, this was definitely the best episode of the season so far, I thought it was hilarious.

Howard has changed though... probably because of Bernadette, I'd say. But I think he's just as funny either way.

I also loved Sheldon's dice storyline. I love when the writers give Sheldon his own small storyline in an episode, because it's usually completely random, hilarious, and just makes the episode.

neo979

[5]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 6

KaiRea wrote:
    No, you didn't. I can't remember the episode, but the discussion is in the Comic Store about how he has a girlfriend when he can't talk to womenen. His response is 'Two words: Deaf chick!' So yeah. He's alredy had a deaf girlfriend. Maybe they forgot, just like they forgot Sheldon was allergic to cats in the episode where he gets about 20.

I'm allergic to cats, and I have lived with cats before. Partly because the cat owner was obsessed with cleanliness, and partly because cats are just irresistible.

KaiRea

[6]Oct 11, 2011
    neo979 wrote:

KaiRea wrote:
    Maybe they forgot, just like they forgot Sheldon was allergic to cats in the episode where he gets about 20.

I'm allergic to cats, and I have lived with cats before. Partly because the cat owner was obsessed with cleanliness, and partly because cats are just irresistible.

But that was your choice. It was made clear in the episode where they revealed Sheldon's allergy that he would on on no account allow there to be a cat in the apartment. Leonard even did research and found some alergen-free ones and he said no. Of course Sheldin IS the 'one rule for me, one for everyeone else type', but that kind of continuity error does irritate people.

neo979

[7]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 6

KaiRea wrote:
    But that was your choice. It was made clear in the episode where they revealed Sheldon's allergy that he would on on no account allow there to be a cat in the apartment. Leonard even did research and found some alergen-free ones and he said no. Of course Sheldin IS the 'one rule for me, one for everyeone else type', but that kind of continuity error does irritate people.

But it's pretty clear that Sheldon went a little bit crazy in The Zazzy Substitution. There are lots of people who do something they said they would never do, if they become highly emotional.

KaiRea

[8]Oct 15, 2011
    neo979 wrote:

But it's pretty clear that Sheldon went a little bit crazy in The Zazzy Substitution. There are lots of people who do something they said they would never do, if they become highly emotional.

True, but he showed no sign of being allergic to all the cats, and considering it's been established that he's allergic to them, he really should have done.

drudager

[9]Mar 2, 2012
    • level: 13
    Shown last night; 1st viewing for me.

WOW. I never realized what a jerk Raj was. They really laid it on thick. Makes it really difficult to have any sympathy for such a dense individual. I never got the animosity towards Raj before.

Another naive & dumb titbit by Penny thinking all handicapped people are nice.

Fekul_the_Baby

[10]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 15
    His family had a cat when they were growing up.--Lucky, who was killed when it was struck by a car (Sheldon failed to see the irony). Sheldon's allergy may have simply been a psychosomatic response. Also, when sick or upset, Sheldon behaves more irrationally or childlike than usual, and the cat thing may have been part of this.