The Big Bang Theory Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

What more can we expect before the end comes?

How many seasons do you think TBBT could continue with it's current formula?

amadhatter53

[1]May 18, 2014
    • level: 3

I think I read that TBBT was picked up for another two seasons, which I am very happy about. I think the show is still doing a good job of staying fresh and entertaining, but I think the end is starting to come into sight. The series finale will probably involve Penny and Leonard getting married, and/or the dispersal of the group. I don't think that can hold on for more than another two seasons, though let's not forget nine total seasons is extremely respectable for today's TV shows.

While I have no complaints, it seems as though most of the humor from the shows now comes strictly from matters involving Sheldon. It works because Sheldon is funny, but the jokes are often at the expense of his characters development. I.e., he was suppose to evolve in many different ways (like his relationship with Amy, having more human feelings). There's not much left for Howard and Bernadette, Raj's girl situation is fairly boring, and there's nothing left for Leonard and Penny either except to get married. I doubt after their 7 season relationship roller coaster it would end without them together.

The question is what else is there to fill the episodes? Sheldon needs to find a new area of theoretical physics to focus on but I doubt that will be much interest. There can't be any more long research trips or major relationship shockers lying in wait. Though if Sheldon does ever sleep with Amy, consider the shark not only jumped, but caught, killed and weighed; so let's hope the writers don't get that lazy. Continued guest stars always help individual episodes as well the general story line become more interesting. Aside from this limited amount, I hope the writers have some good plans for the next couple seasons before it ends with a big bang! The fact that it will premier this fall at it's new air time on Monday nights at least shows they have faith in it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jim856796

[2]Jul 17, 2014
    • level: 14
    I believe The Big Bang Theory can last a total of 16 seasons at the most before the end of its run. Having seen how far Two and a Half Men has gone, it's not for me to cap it. Some time ago, I had to trade animated shows (like those on the Cartoon Network) for live-action TV shows, and The Big Bang Theory is one of them.

thephantom

[3]Jul 17, 2014
    • level: 4

amadhatter53 wrote:

I think I read that TBBT was picked up for another two seasons, which I am very happy about. I think the show is still doing a good job of staying fresh and entertaining, but I think the end is starting to come into sight. The series finale will probably involve Penny and Leonard getting married, and/or the dispersal of the group. I don't think that can hold on for more than another two seasons, though let's not forget nine total seasons is extremely respectable for today's TV shows.

While I have no complaints, it seems as though most of the humor from the shows now comes strictly from matters involving Sheldon. It works because Sheldon is funny, but the jokes are often at the expense of his characters development. I.e., he was suppose to evolve in many different ways (like his relationship with Amy, having more human feelings). There's not much left for Howard and Bernadette, Raj's girl situation is fairly boring, and there's nothing left for Leonard and Penny either except to get married. I doubt after their 7 season relationship roller coaster it would end without them together.

The question is what else is there to fill the episodes? Sheldon needs to find a new area of theoretical physics to focus on but I doubt that will be much interest. There can't be any more long research trips or major relationship shockers lying in wait. Though if Sheldon does ever sleep with Amy, consider the shark not only jumped, but caught, killed and weighed; so let's hope the writers don't get that lazy. Continued guest stars always help individual episodes as well the general story line become more interesting. Aside from this limited amount, I hope the writers have some good plans for the next couple seasons before it ends with a big bang! The fact that it will premier this fall at it's new air time on Monday nights at least shows they have faith in it.

I think I'll go 2 or 3 more seasons. I would be astonished if it went longer. It seems like they are starting to wrap things up.Since the writers don't want to have babies on the show, there's nothing left for Howard and Bernadette. Penny and Leonard and getting married sometime next season. Raj is finally having some luck with the ladies. Sheldon and Amy are finally making some progress. I am not sure if we're gonna see them have sex but they are probably gonna get married soon. They'll be nothing left at the end of season 10

It also depends on if the actors want to continue. The original 5 have been doing this for 7 years. Mayim and Melissa have been doing this for 4 or 5. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them decide that they want to move on when the contract expires in 2017

Edited on 07/18/2014 9:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

gryhenderiksen

[4]Oct 9, 2014
    • level: 1

In Norway, it`s actually Howard that holds the position as the most popular character on the show..

For me personally, is Sheldon Cooper in a league of his own, but that doesn`t mean I don`t see where this thing with Howard Wollowitz is coming from.. His looks is like a split image of how ones picturing a typical nerd, on the one hand, he`s super-smart, while he on the other hand, lkacks social skills, and he`s got the mother from hell..

Glennen

[5]Oct 16, 2014
    • level: 17
    As long as the ratings stay strong and the lead actors want to continue, they will continue. Don't forget, for seasons 8 to 10, Galecki, Cuoco and Parsons get ONE MILLION dollars for each episode. If you still love what you are doing, you will continue, especially when you get paid so well.