The Big Bang Theory

Pilot

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2007 on CBS

7.9
  • Fresh start to a funny show

I thought that this was an excellent pilot episode of "The Big Bang Theory". There was nothing much in this episode and it mainly took place in their apartment so there's really nothing much to say about this pilot episode. Still, it was a fresh start to a funny show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't a perfect pilot episode but it was pretty close though. I felt like Sheldon was a tiny bit mean to Penny in this pilot episode but HEY, that's just me. The pilot episode is about when a girl named Penny moved next door to the apartment that Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, and Howard live in. Leonard becomes very excited about it and tries to impress Penny. Although, I felt like Sheldon was a tiny bit mean to Penny in this pilot episode but I found it hilarious when Penny is sitting in the spot that Sheldon always sits and he explains why that spot is where he sits. The fact that Raj doesn't speak to girls makes me laugh pretty hard. It kinda disappoints me that Raj rarely says anything in this pilot episode since he is the character that makes me laugh the hardest in this show. Leonard and Sheldon getting their pants taken away by Penny's ex-boyfriend made me laugh pretty hard as well. Overall, the pilot episode wasn't perfect but it was pretty close to being perfect and I thought that it was a fresh start to a funny show. 9.5/10