The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (535)

• The last season...

I think that lacked something in this last season, I don't know... I watched always expecting something more. But I still like a lot.
  • The Best

I love this show! except Penny with her new look seems like a different character doing the same part .

if I had a suggestion it would be that the Amy" loins" stuff is strange,unnecessary.

The show has been funny & creative enough, it doesn't need to resort to too much sexual innuendo.
  • The downward spiral of a once great show

I know it's bound to get tired after 8 seasons. However, if you watch the older reruns which are on constantly, then compare it to the present, there is a glaring lack of "sharpness" in the scripts. It's very apparent. Let's face it, this season the writing has been very lackluster so far.

But to be honest it started gradually in season 5, and it got more apparent for each new season that followed.

It's clear that they ran out of ideas two years ago. That's when they switched the formula to a relationship comedy and changed it from what is was in the early years. Changing the show to Friends 2.0 gives it another couple years of life because the audience seems to like that concept. As a result, they renewed the show with three seasons last year.
  • This show is done for

I joined this forum just to voice my opinion. It pains me to see, that I am not the only one feeling about this show the way I do.

Am I the only one who realizes that Sheldon's social awkwardness is getting stale, and that he is just a huge asshole who wants to dominate every person and situation. The way he treats everybody is really no longer funny. And nobody ever tells him to seek professional help.

And what about that wuss Leonard? He still lives with that jerk even though he is now engaged.

This show, which I once loved as the funniest show on TV, is now becoming unbearable to watch.

• characters have become too normal

They started out being socially awkward, relationship handicapped, scarred from childhood, and all very funny, to thirty-something characters, where the writers are more intersted in growing the characters, than actually being funny. I knew this would happen as they gave the characters relationships, and they slowly overcame their basic challenges with normalcy; I knew that they would be not funny anymore when they became more normal. Think about it, Penny becoming a pharmaceutical rep, Sheldon having a loving relationship, Leonard getting ready for a traditional family life, Howard living in a normal monogamous marriage, Raj overcoming his selective mutism and finding a successful and boring mate. They have castrated the cast, and threw away all the funny material in the process.
  • Big Bang Theory has really LOST IT!

What a damn shame! This was such a funny show. The writers now STINK! It is NOT funny And Kaley, Ugh! She looks absolutely HORRIBLE!! That haircut totally SUCKS and they now dress her like a boy! Nothing redeeming about this show anymore. It needs to be cancelled, so sorry to say, unless they get Kaley to grow her hair back and get the original writers back on staff immediately!! Incidentally, I was a real Pharmaceutical Sales Rep for years, and there is NO COMPANY in the world that would ever hire anyone without a 4-year college degree and sales experience with a proven track record.. So the show is totally unrealistic regarding Penny's new job! Ugh!

RKP
  • All couples

Every ounce of edginess is gone from all of the say break up all of the couples and start over - especially Penny and Leonard. With that said, I still love this show and will watch it until it's over!!!
  • Get some writers

The 3 cast members who got a huge raise in pay need to give some back! To pay for them they obviously had to cut the writing staff. Good actors are nothing without good materiel, and when the show ended this evening my immediate response was " WHAT, is that IT?" Its like they just ran out of dialogue. All of the episodes this season have been severely lacking in something.
  • Given they were just granted an additional 3 seasons...

I would have thought Steve and the gang would have pulled out all the stops in an effort to make us laugh. Maybe it's me, but since the show has focused more on the main characters relationships and not the group dynamic as a whole, I feel the laughs have suffered. It seems to me, with the exception of tonight's episode, most of this season has been shot with only two characters in the room. I realize there may only be so much the writers can do that hasn't been done, but I've got to believe there are stories in which all the characters can participate for the full 21 minutes. I find when we have the individual couples on their own, the laughs are limited. And I still find the character of Amy to be too confined. For example, they could write and episode where Penny tries to give AFF a makeover in an effort to attract Sheldon physically. Lose those cardigans and long skirts and give her a more modern wardrobe. That's got to be worth a bunch of laughs. And I realize Penny's character had to mature, but the entire relationship dynamic between her and Leonard has changed and not for the better. I was hoping their writers would put more effort into it this season. Just my .02.
  • Losing It's Grace Overtime

I Live In India and I have been following this show since May 2008 .It was Geek+Nerdy kinda show for first 3 seasons which was it's USP .Beans started spilling since season-4 and basically since the inception of current season this show has gone from geek nerdy and boyish stuff to relationship oriented show which is kind of boring . still love the show but going down.
  • Get lost all you haters!

All you haters can go ahead and hate, your little opinion matters none to writers nor the director or producer of this fantastic show, admittedly yes, some shows are a little on the dull and boring side, but, what show isn't like that, the majority of the shows aired in season 8 have made me laugh in hysterics without fail! I love the humor!.

just keep doing what you're doing guys, this show is DA BOMB!!!

do you all see the overall average rating of this show? from only 16+ thousand viewers of which I am positive there is hundreds of thousand if not millions more...

It is sitting right up there at 8.9 out of 10.

the population has basically spoken, we love big bang theory and love how it has progressed throughout the seasons... and fyi haters of pennys new look, SEXY SEXY SEXY! does not look 'blokey' at all, some girls suit the short hair style and I think she rocks it! super hot!
  • Suggstion for future story lines

I love this show, and watch it every time it's on, even the reruns. I think, now that Howards mother has passed, his father should make an appearance. Coming back into Howards life again, would open a whole new area of story lines.
  • writers, what is going on?

there is a dramatic fall in quality of the show mid season 7, season 8. This show being the biggest sitcom, the writers should be doing great, not the case. actors are fine as always although not as enthusiastic. Make some changes, up the game, explore new territories, and get the slapstick level back up!!
  • It's over already!!

I loved this show. Not anymore. I tune in with high hopes and am let down each week. What I notice the most is Penny. Her character used to light up a room. Now all she does is roll her eyes and curl up her lip. And all of them seem to be tired of it. It's like they are no longer having fun with it. Stop the CPR and call time of death
  • Season 8 has killed the spirit of The Big Bang Theory

BBT has been one of my favorite shows throughout. Unfortunately, season 8 has become too painful to watch! The jokes have become too pretentious. The script sucks. The interactions between the characters have become so stale. BBT is all about nerds getting nerdy and doing nerdy stuff in a funny way. Once you take that away it becomes a pile of rubbish! The people have changed so much. Penny's stupidity, Sheldon's Wittiness, Howard's Comedy! All of that's gone. So sad...... I think they have to pull the plug and cut their losses.
  • all Ideal

love your shows. you should have a moment of silence in memory of Leonard Nimoy .

Your friend ?

Shawn Messer

• SHELDON!!

Can't stop watching, and sheldon is awesome (favorite character)!
  • Big Bang,Hardly!!!

my wife watches this quite often,why,I have no clue. is not the least bit funny and I am a huge Marx bros fan for many years and have a very dry sense of humor to boot!!I just do not get it,2 minutes is 1 minute too long in my book.
  • Tiresome

Have watched this show since the beginning. Sheldon is getting very tiring, the antics border on nastiness, he is no longer very funny for this reason. The most recent epside is really not funny. The latest episodes are similiar. I used to laugh every episode. Now they disgusts me. Did you change writers? I won't be watching anymore.
  • Awwww COME ON!

When for the love of God is Sheldon ever gonna get some? You've been dancing around this topic for waaay too many years and this type of relationship just isn't realistic. Amy's so sexualy asgressive and I just don't see a woman sticking around that long without sex.

It's getting very TIRESOME. He's a grown man. He's got to have some kind of sex drive even with himself . Hopefully this will happen more sooner than later and being asexual for so long, you almost don't care if they do or don't

Kissing on a train and some lame other kissing episode. Two. Is this riveting TV? come on!

I picture Sheldon finally doing the deed and turning into a "coitus" maniac. Now THAT would be funny

Now Raj is getting pretty tiresome as well. Will you give the guy a break? This invisible yet talked about girlfriend of his, Why isn't she joining the cast like the other girlfriends? The way he is treated on this show even from the beginning, is downright racist. Yes, I used the "R" word though it shames me to do so, but if the shoe fits.....

IDK. Is the thrill gone? or are the writers getting as sick of these characters as I am?

I see no character development at all. Just the same old story lines just being reworked to look like new storylines

Sorry guys. No belly laugh for me either this season...
  • CHARACTER'S OUT

4.5
    Please get SHELDON character a new G/F Write [ Amy Farrah Fowler ] character out of the show never was funny & still is not funny... Extra 6 Seasons If You Do....

You writers need to write out a couple character why do you keep on adding What is up with the cute Penny going 40ish looking!!! The has to be the silliest hair cut I have ever seen on cute loose bimbo blonde char. 2 More seasons tops if they keep it up

• My heart is broken

I must have watched the old episodes dozens of times each. I have all the DVDs, and on my days off I would just have them on in the background all day, because I loved them so much and they made me feel better.

But these new episodes? I won't watch them again. While character progression is good and preferable, none of the characters are the same people anymore, and the writing is awful. I used to laugh non-stop while watching this show, and now I actually cringe. I don't understand how they screwed it up so badly.
  • How did they screw it up so badly so quickly?

They started out with a simple premise, and it worked. A group of nerdy physicists each with their own social issues and a beautiful girl next door who is in their world but never quite fits. You have Sheldon and his absurdities and inability to understand basic human behavior, Raj with his selective mutism, Howard who despite being nearly 30 still lived with his mother, Leonard who says things like "our babies will be smart and beautiful", and Penny, the show's, for lack of a better word, ditz, but she was a ditz that we liked as one of the shows main protagonists.

The show's levity has largely been carried by Sheldon since the beginning. His idiosyncratic behavior was unique. Several years ago we were introduced to Amy, who was a girl who was his friend, but not his girlfriend. Now they are going on dates, kissing, and who knows what else. Sheldon's preposterous behavior was a large part of what made the show, but it's as if his fairy god mother turned him into a real boy; a real boy who is no longer entertaining. I don't even want to bother with how everything we once liked about Raj and Howard just disappeared like it never existed. At first he couldn't even speak to women, and now he's got a hot girlfriend. Everything that made these character has been written away. Howard has no more ridiculous behavior and is out from his mother's roof. Raj, who used to be incapable of speaking to women, now has steady girlfriends. They've become completely boring one dimensional character.

The main thing we liked about Leonard was his unending quest to make Penny his. Sure they were on and off many times, but that's what makes for stories. Now that they are engaged there's no real drama between them, hence there's not much of interest to watch. That brings us to Penny. She went from the hot ditz across the hall who the guys would pine after to a completely different character, and a borig one to boot. Her long hair was a part of how we viewed her, and cutting it at the same time as she also gets a successful job and gets engaged to Leonard just changed her so much they might as well have written her out. And all of this happened within just about the span of one episode (S08E01).

Everything else we once liked about the show is pretty much gone too. All the episodes are more focused on their relationships (so original for a TV show) instead of the humorous social ineptitudes, the science and fantasy fiction their lives once revolved around, and the rivalries amongst the characters that were once so entertaining. With seven great seasons behind them, it does make you wonder how they could do so well, and then mess it all up so much. I don't know a term that would mean intensely jumped the shark, but it's happened. Maybe the phrase "cut the hair" will catch on for a when a TV show stops all of it's good momentum to make a complete 180.

I hate to say that this happened because they got a three season guarantee. That doesn't seem like something Lorre would let happen. He has a history of high quality shows, but everything in Season 8 so far shows that the show is now just coasting. Let's hope the writers find some clever ways to bring it back to the way it worked, or they may not be able to afford keeping it on their air for three more years. I used to look forward to the shows airing, and now I can take them or leave them. Well, I guess we need to find something else for Thursday nights.
  • Time to let it go

I actually joined just to write this. This season is so bad I don't know if they are even able to make the next one better. It used to be funny - science , technology, misunderstandings between Penny and the guys, geek culture etc. Right now we have all characters talking about their feelings all the time - Amy complaining, Sheldon crying, Penny and Leonard being a regular couple, Bernadette and Howard arguing. Raj used to be a half-gay character, now he sleeps with his dog, I'm really afraid of what they are going to do to him next.

The only episode I liked this season was the one with Billy Bob Thornton. Right now I'd rather watch an old Star Trek Voyager episode (for the 10th time ... ) instead of a new episode of this show. It's more fun...
  • big bang

Laugh track is insulting.. get rid of laugh track and you will see show is not funny. .in fact they are all insulting each other like douche bags. Penny is the girl every guy can't stand... a user etc...
  • season 8 is so bad

I'm glad I finally found a place where people seem to share my opinion about season 8. So far I only saw positive comments about this season and that was driving me crazy. I don't feel alone anymore :-)

Yes this season sucks, it does not come even close in term of quality to the previous seasons. I'm a big fan of the show so my disappointment is important. The characters personality seem to fade show after show. Sheldon is becoming the shadow of sheldon instead of the shiny obsequious, awkward c3po that I loved.

Basically, the characters become normal, responsible, serious peoples and I hate it. I don't know who or what is responsible for that trend. Is that the writers (have they changed) or the actors who get overpaid and request roles more suitable to their new status ? What I know is that, if they don't improve rapidly they gonna loose most of their fans. I still watch the show, hoping for a miraculous resurrection, but at some point, I'm gonna become bored and drop it.
  • its dying

OMG. They must have changed writiers this year becuse the new episodes suck. I used to laugh out lound like 15 times a show. Tonight, zero laughs and plenty of annoyance. I swear, not one giggle or snicker. Its not funny anymore, its boring.
  • TBBT goes as Penny goes.

If Chuck Lorre doesn't bring Penny back the show will tank. There is no single character or group of characters that can carry this show without the old Penny. When mentioning the old Penny I mean the one with long hair. Penny with a pixie will never be accepted. It is probably the single worst decision the producers could have made. For 7 seasons Penny has been the sexy, desirable, flirtatious, scantily clad, over the top libido, anything goes, not afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants, major tease.

In season 8 Penny has been reduced to a whinny, alcoholic, frumpy dressed, boring, bitchy, argumentative, irrelevant character, best used as a scene prop. That is not the worst part of season 8 Penny, the killer is allowing Kaley to wear the pixie cut while playing Penny. The original Penny was created with long sexy blonde hair to match her attitude and personality. The producers should have insisted that she wear extensions any time she is playing Penny.

The pixie makes her look at least 10 years older and 20 pounds heavier. Overall she looks bloated and tired. No amount of wardrobe changes or layers of make-up will offset that horrible hair cut.

From a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory to a drug rep? That is as bad of a reach as taking the season 1-7 Penny and changing her to the drab season 8 Penny. I realize this is a sitcom but the writers will never sell those two changes to the fans.

Someone will have to step in and spice up the writing. Something like Penny and/or Bernadette having an affair or Leonard having an affair with Sheldon's assistant. Penny becomes attracted to one of her male clients who happens to be black. While waiting for Sheldon to come around Amy experiments with lesbianism. Give it a shot, it can't turn out any worse than the writing to date.
  • it's going down

I love every episode of seasons 1-7 ,they're amazing. So naturally ,I was really excited about the new the season 8 premire let me was disappointed but i tought it was a one time mistake(given the most of all the first 7 seasons!!!!),but as the series continues it's getting even like a bad copy of the show. if the show will continue this way ,can't imagine how season 9 and 10 are gonna be don't buy the ''three years contract-still getting paid next years so now we don't have to work as hard as before''because after the fourth season the show was also renewed for an additional three years and all three of them were great. The crew are supposed to be aware of this,can't imagine Chuck Lorre actually enjoying this still hope for a change.

i want my show back!!!
  • Two year renewal syndrome

the quality is down this year because everyone knows that they have a guaranteed pay check next year from the multi-year renewal so they are all kicking back and phoning it in this year.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10